What's new

what does it take to be the best?

i usely do not like to get involve in the whole ''who is the best sonya talk'' but i really would like to know what does it take to be reconice as the best player for the character ?

lets look as some facts here

1) i am the hightest placing sonya player in tournaments now for a year

2) i have place top 8 and top 5 more than any other sonya player has since the game came out even when i have go to less tourneys than most of them with my worst placing ever been 9th place at anaheim

3) the only sonya player to ever place highter than me in the same tourney was mortysienfeld one year ago at NEC 2011 after that date i placed highter than any other sonya player who was in the same tourney i was

4) @Pig Of The Hut i am sorry i have to add this because i am proud of it lol . . .i am the only sonya player to have ever beaten pig two times consecutively in a major tournaments other sonya players will understand why i am proude of this

botton line is i have the most success with the character for a year now and yes every time a new sonya player rises people want to try to make a case on how he/she is better than me with the character even when he/she has yet to even place top 8 in a tournament? . . . i could care less if i am or i am not the best sonya out there as a top players it gets me mad when i am been compered to some randow new guy in the community just because he uses the same character i do

ok now i will go back to do not talk about this whole ''who is the best sonya thing '' because because at the end all that really matters to me is how good i am compering myself with the rest of the world and not with the rest of the sonyas

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
i usely do not like to get involve in the whole ''who is the best sonya talk'' but i really would like to know what does it take to be reconice as the best player for the character ?

2) i have place top 8 and top 5 more than any other sonya player has since the game came out even when i have go to less tourneys than most of them with my worst placing ever been 9th place at anaheim

3) the only sonya player to ever place highter than me in the same tourney was mortysienfeld one year ago at NEC 2011 after that date i placed highter than any other sonya player who was in the same tourney i was

4) @Pig Of The Hut i am sorry i have to add this because i am proud of it lol . . .i am the only sonya player to have ever beaten pig two times consecutively in a major tournaments other sonya players will understand why i am proude of this

botton line is i have the most success with the character for a year now and yes every time a new sonya player rises people want to try to make a case on how he/she is better than me with the character even when he/she has yet to even place top 8 in a tournament? . . . i could care less if i am or i am not the best sonya out there as a top players it gets me mad when i am been compered to someone randow new guy in the community just because he uses the same character i do

ok now i will go back to do not talk about this whole ''who is the best sonya thing '' because because at the end all that really matters to me is how good i am compering myself with the rest of the world and not with the rest of the sonyas
You have made some STRONG arguments. I make most sonyas free as Wallmart buy 1 get 4 free. I make sonyas so salty they feel their character is bottom 10

You gave me my most heartbroken soul crushing loss EVER at Anaheim, I almost mentally lost it for this I will always respect you as a top player whether you take time off or not. This was such a bone crushing loss. Its because of how excellent you are with mixups and reads and understanding of the MU

Blake does very very well in this MU against me but doesnt come near to the skill of you during tournaments in every MU you play and under the pressure of a tournament situation.

This should be an interesting discussion

RIU48 has a GREAT resume, absolutely a great player.

Lets also give props to Showtime as well. Lets not forget how well Showtime places with Sonya, and that he did beat Detroit's Kabal 3-0 with Sonya.

muffinmuggers of the sonya community?
jk, dont think it matters though. you play well with her and you have found success, that's good. comparing gets nowhere

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
as good as sonya is.....oddly enough she has yet to take a tournament.....

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
I started to make an excuse for this, but there isn't one. As much as I hate sonya, with the tools she has there's no reason why she hasn't at least taken something like Frosty Fausting or Scr.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
what does it take to be the best?
Determination
Skill
Swagggggggg
Kick Ass Attitude ;D

RTM2004

Revenant Jade

You forgot one more thing to your success!

5) The RIU48 SPECIAL you Sir invented the trademark don't you forget it :)

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
You're also the only Sonya who does very good against my Kabal on a consistent basis. This speaks volumes considering it's her worst match-up.
Has he 3-0 Detroit in tournament before?

I think Showtime is the best Sonya to date. Riu48 you are a great Sonya but I feel when you stopped playing a bit Showtime surpassed you and is doing stuff with Sonya you never did.

The way he played vs maxter (which he would of win if it was not for the numerous meter drain glitches). Was impressive. And I don't know about you doing that well vs this up to date force that maxter has become.

Also. I believe cdjr beat you at the royal rumble thing with a pocket Kenshi. Idk if you saw kfrog trying to use his pocket Kenshi vs Showtime. But he got babied. You can argue its cdjr. But Showtime did in fact 3-0 cdjr with his main Lao in a mm$ at MLG Dallas.

Yes you beat pig. Showtime unfortunately had to play pig after he learned the match up very well and if I'm not mistaken pig destroyed you at the arena and Showtime didn't do so bad against pig after that.

Last I played your Sonya was at Anaheim when I didn't know the match and I still beat you 3-0 in casuals. (I know casuals. But we never got to face in tournament).

Gamer blake is a scary Sonya as well. But even he has fallen to me in tournament numerous times. Not getting a match with Sonya vs my kabal.

Idk why it matters. Sonya is Sonya. Who cares who uses her. She is all d4 ms :p

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
At 3:51 and 5:43.

That is the Riu48 Special.

Since your are the Wonder Chef, you probably thought it was something missing in your cookbook :p
I MISS NOTHING IN MY COOKBOOK!

haha yeah I've seen that whiff jp over thing before though, Krayzie was raving about how good it is after he came home from last year's NEC

NOBODY falls for it when I do it though =/

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
*clears throat* If we're talking majors here, I took the Uppercut Circuit held back in August/September using Sonya Blade. But given that the "major" - I am using that term loosely - had a not-so-impressive amount of players for the turn-out (although the few who did show up are great players), I doubt it counts for much.

Gamer blake is a scary Sonya as well. But even he has fallen to me in tournament numerous times. Not getting a match with Sonya vs my kabal.
You do realize we only played a grand total of two times in a tournament, right? (okay, three if you count the Winner's Finals and Grand Finals of July's Insomnia event) And I only used Sonya in our set at Texas Bar Fights 9, and then I proceeded to counter-pick during our next battle at Insomnia, and failed miserably. That hardly counts as "numerous times." :p

But as of right now, I firmly believe that Showtime is the Sonya of America (anybody who has me on FaceBook will have seen my gigantic post regarding my thoughts on some Sonya players), or at least a worthy contender for the title. However, I also believe that underrating the accomplishments of other Sonya players hardly constitutes as fair. After all, some match-ups between some players have yet to happen in a tournament setting. ;)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
IMO Pig will be the best sonya in a month. Hold dat.
<3 thanks man

im working on it but Shes miles away from the current top sonyas but i have found shes pretty OP and thats funny seeing how some Sonyas bitch about kenshi

Funny how 8 day Sonya can be very competitive but 8 day Kenshis get back blown out

edit/Side note: ^^Get use to this, Im never going to drop it. Its basically a sickness that im proud to spread

BUT LBSH Riu48/Showtime are on a level especially in tourneys no one has come close to

The return of mortyseinfeld could shake the ranks but he needs to make that return

Death is the only Sonya to need Lao as a counter pick so idk but Death is really really damn good