Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Letting the continue timer run out then restarting

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dubson

contradicting myself?

Are you serious? In that video he was jumping around like crazy jax vs lao. That fight was actually before the mileena vs lao match. He kept losing and quitting and coming back. Thats why at the end the video just ended and it didn't show him quit like he normally does. He edited the fucking video. Ask him why my name appears twice in 1 video.

Mix spamming, counterpicking, quitting and lagging, I got pissed. I spammed 1 game and I just so happened to lose.

You can ask anybody on this website ANYBODY that i don't play cheap ANYBODY.

For you to use a doublefanboy video out of all the other youtube videos of me playing just shows me you'll go to any lengths to prove me wrong. I thought you were better than that wow. Even in the video me vs Cuko I wasn't playing cheap AT ALL and that was tournament play that I lost. Vs Lee-k that I won, I didn't play cheap AT ALL.

WoW the doublefanboy video WoW

if you say so...

dubson

Noob
The point I was trying to make is that even you do it dude. Seriously. You were acting like your above all these "cheap" tactics.

They are in the game dude. It just looks silly to call them cheap.

Is it silly for a Guile player to zone me out the whole match with sonic booms? No.

Is it silly for a Kung Lao player to infinite me? No.

It's all in the game dude.

Your my boy, so don't take it the wrong way. It was just to prove a point that even that one video out of however else many are out there of you, you have "spammed". And you have the right to play that way and not be called cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoB_uFSicKo

Does this look like spamming to you? Because that is the best Guile player in the world and I'm pretty sure nobody calls him or his play style "cheap" or "dishonorable".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuArUJUSzjQ

Here is another very good Guile player. It isn't just Muteki.
And it isn't just Guile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_E3n0hZZug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmSO9XnFhX8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KYWgL1M8qw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GjrMxTgXzk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHX0XW5wfG8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R1bvebFk1w

I could find a million and a half examples. These are just a few.

It is all in how the game is meant to be played man, and characters like Mileena, Liu Kang and Jax are just begging to be spammed. Even with superior normals. It is called zoning and controlling space. Both of which comes in all fighting games. And in games heavily focused on projectiles (MKII), there will be plenty of fucking projectile spammage.

This isn't Tekken people. This is how fighting games were back then.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Remind me to relentlessly spam, evade, pick Liu Kang every match, let the continue timer run out, and quit midway through the round if I'm losing whenever play you, Dubson (jk)

dvdcsn

Noob
@ Dubson

LOL that's funny! because I play guile just like that and have no shame in it :)D....:()

muteki owns...kurahashi is good too!

P.S. but yeah man, that's exactly how you gotta play ST

hehe :D man, you should get on ST more! It'd be great!

@ Dubson

hey you forgot a couple good examples from the first SBO like daigo vs. muteki, muteki vs. kurahashi! Damn fine examples of some spammin' in high level play!
i just did the guile handcuff glitch,lol..........i glitched the game out and put handcuffs on my opponent,lol....joke. hey wasn't that a rumor like 15 years ago on street fighter 2?

dubson

Noob
Ok Ok I see your videos lol

I understand that supposed to be high level play. Taking what works and exploiting it at any cost. I get it.

But IMO this is high level sf play. This is how sf and mk2 should be played at a high level. No spamming or running just a all out brawl with offense, defense and combos. This is not tournament play but its how I like to fight.

Dubson youre like a online cousin. Im not trying to argue. Its just my point of view. Watch the link yung post.

its a great video

dubson

Noob
Dubson youre like a online cousin. Im not trying to argue. Its just my point of view. Watch the link yung post.

its a great video
lol I know its all good homie.

But guys listen, that video's game play is based off Street Fighter 3.

Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat 2 are old dude. They are heavily focused on projectiles and that is how the game is meant to be played.

Street Fighter 3 and Mortal Kombat 3 came out around the same time as well. They were upgraded in pretty much every way. They are way more in your face combat and combo based. Much much less focus on projectiles.

Sounds like you guys should really be playing UMK3.

Get a 360 ;)

Yea but you can't really put the old sf and mk2 in the same category. Jumping is Sf is horrible lol. it takes you 4 jumps to get to the other side of the screen lol. So I guess people get to a point where they're like fuck it im just gonna throw shit lol

dubson

Noob
Yea but you can't really put the old sf and mk2 in the same category. Jumping is Sf is horrible lol. it takes you 4 jumps to get to the other side of the screen lol. So I guess people get to a point where they're like fuck it im just gonna throw shit lol
4 jumps? What the hell you playin lol? Zangief?

I've never seen it that bad man lol.

Mortal Kombat is heavily influenced by Street Fighter 2 game play wise.

oBryant

Noob
4 jumps? What the hell you playin lol? Zangief?

I've never seen it that bad man lol.

Mortal Kombat is heavily influenced by Street Fighter 2 game play wise.
dubson, im trying to get into mk2.. are there any strategy guides for it like shock made for umk3?

EDIT- sorry for going off topic.

=) I may have exaggerated a little. But it does seem like it takes forever to jump to the other side of the screen in Sf.

oBryant

Noob
=) I may have exaggerated a little. But it does seem like it takes forever to jump to the other side of the screen in Sf.
thats why if you absolutely need to you throw a LP/LK projectile first, and unless they shoryuken/airthrow through it you will be safe.

aaaaaaw the slow fireball trick. that makes since. I would use special attacks that gave you a extra launch. Like kens air tornado kick or chun li's spinning kick. thanks for the tip

dubson

Noob
MKII and SF2 are both a lot like chess matches.

Option A > Option B, but Option C > Option A and Option B > Option C

Much more strategic. But if you like in your face fighting and fast paced matches, they really aren't for you even though they can be played that way.

UMK3 and SF3 really have no "spamming" as they aren't as focused on projectiles. Just straight in your face kombat and much more combo induced.

@ Amuka

http://www.ultimatemk.com/vForum/showthread.php?t=2826

MKII and SF2 are both a lot like chess matches.

Option A > Option B, but Option C > Option A and Option B > Option C

Much more strategic. But if you like in your face fighting and fast paced matches, they really aren't for you even though they can be played that way.
I would say SF is more akin than MK. Take the subject of wakeup.

On knockdown, i can go in and throw a meaty (Chuns f.HK, Feis close HP, etc) to attempt a tick throw or if the opponent attacks, throw a poke to beat their poke. But then, reverses come into play. If my opponent can reverse, they can reverse my initial meaty poke. Or if they feel they cant reverse (caught by suprise) they can block the first poke, then reverse the next option. (poke/throw attempt)

Now, even more options come into play. You can anticipate the reverse by (im using Fei as an example here) throwing out close HP but doing it early enough that to the opponent, it seems like youre using the same timing but when they can reverse, you recover in time to block and punish. Of course it gets deeper than this but this is a small example for just one situation.

Then you have the number 1 thing people who dont really play SF complain about: tick throws. Well, thats why you learn to reverse consistently. You only have 1 frame to do a reverse but when your opponents sees you can reverse tick options like that, it makes them hesitant to try one again, but once again, he has options like the wakeup options.

This is why i love SF2. Knowing the matchups for your main for all chars and mind games.

heKtor

Noob
I would say SF is more akin than MK. Take the subject of wakeup.

Then you have the number 1 thing people who dont really play SF complain about: tick throws. Well, thats why you learn to reverse consistently.
And that's why SF doesn't have block damage w/regular moves. Try to turtle in SF and you'll get thrown, plus you gotta block either standing or low for different attacks AND u have to watch your direction, whereas in MK2, you can pretty much block anything (except Jax GP) by duck-blocking --- thus why MK has block damage.

I agree w/Dubs that both are like chess, except that in SF, reaction time is more valuable. You exchange 2-3 hits at a time most of the time, versus move by move. You should notice that on how much more tired your fingers get when playing SF than MK :)

MK2 needs that block damage due to its system. MK doesnt give you mind bending situations almost every second of the match and my previous example was just 1. Crazy thing is, that example isnt 100% fleshed out. I could name them for crossups, ground games, corner traps, char specific, etc. Its insane and its easy to pick up which is why SF2 is still one of the most popular 2D games in the world.

MK2 has one thing that IMO eliminates it from having SF2 level mindgames...

The block button.

If you play SF, you know exactly what i mean. Imagine if SF had a block button, then youll see where im going with this...

heKtor

Noob
Crazy thing is, that example isnt 100% fleshed out. I could name them for crossups, ground games, corner traps, char specific, etc.
MK2 has one thing that IMO eliminates it from having SF2 level mindgames...

The block button.

If you play SF, you know exactly what i mean. Imagine if SF had a block button, then youll see where im going with this...
That's what I meant w/minding your direction and height of blocking.

If MK had no block damage, games would go on forever and would just fail, IMO.

If SF2 could "block" throws and had a block button it make it a turtle game but still wouldn't fail, IMO. It's those things that set them appart that I would would make it almost unfeasible to ever have an excellently balanced MK vs SF game. Which way should they go?

Sorry for staying out of topic, but it's an interesting discussion.

But to stay on topic, the only thing I hate in MK2 is people talking shit on the PSN, aka hatemail. Everything else in the game, I don't really give a damn about, as long as there's no bitching that is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.