Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Letting the continue timer run out then restarting

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Defining honor is very tricky, especially in mk2. It's purely subjective. What I might think is normal and honorable as hell might be looked down upon as some bitch ass playing...and if that's the case, how am I SUPPOSED to play? It's complicated. I know I try to play honorably when I play my friends, but...sometimes I wonder if it's all in vain. *shrugs*
I look at it this way. If you base your game solely on glitches and tactics based on programming errors, that is a lack of honor/fairness.

IMO, there is no wrong answer here, it's a fighting game..playing to win is the nature of the game. Although I respect 1 players play style > the other, at the end of the game it's who has a better strategy to win. I agree with x820, fun is why I play (I think this what u meant). But I do like playing great players and just all out brawling, mpgs, mbk,throwing..whatever all in can be fun as hell also! Either way, u don't like how the person plays than just don't play them. I do admit, it's funny as hell playing some of these characters online, maybe because I'm having hard time finding ggs, but entering their room is comedy when they keep quitting. The funny thing is, if they took a good beating they would learn how to get better...

dubson

Noob
Kensi was playing umk3 for a while there, I'm sure it did nothing but help his MK2 game. Any of you turtles should try the same. You'll look at juggles and gameplay in general in a whole different light.

MK2 makes for nice tense (stressful? lol) gameplay, but it is nice to get out and just beat the shit out of each other in umk3 without having to play like such a god damned prude the whole time.
Very true. I'd like to see a lot more people here play UMK3 as well as MKII. It really will change how you play both games at high level and make you that much better.

I would love to but they need to release UMK3 on PS3. That'd be the shiz! I don't see why they dont' release it on PS3 and MKII on XBOX.

dubson

Noob
Yeah, there really isn't a good reason for them to not be on both systems at this point.
In the one podcast, Boon said that he didn't even know that MK2 wasn't on 360 :p what an asshole lol.
Boon has no idea wtf is going on with his games lol.

Anyway, quit holding your breathe for them to be released on the other console and just buy a 360. They are only 200 bucks dude.

Tim Static

Adminerator

Anyway, quit holding your breathe for them to be released on the other console and just buy a 360. They are only 200 bucks dude.
yeah, but to play online, thats $300, plus tax, plus the game, a different pad or stick, etc.

But yeah, still, just get a 360!

@ Wario

Lag is not a strategy, and is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Lag universally pisses off everyone....

Theses "annoying" options on the poll should be assumed under perfect playing conditions or indicate otherwise.
My point in mentioning lag was that things in video games will annoy you. Lag annoys you. Counterpickin and constantly running annoy me. Its not that I suck so bad that I cant win but they must suck so bad they have to counterpick. For me to get annoyed by that is an emotion. Am I gonna let you know how I feel? YOURE FUCKING RIGHT I AM. But for you to say Im ignorant for that is ridiculous.

Its also funny you mention sniping. If anybody has played with me in any shooting game or have seen my Cod youtube video then you know I get alot of kills and I can use any weapon. But there is always a dude that wanna sit in a building and put claymores at the door and snipe the whole game lol. Of course me being constantly on the move, getting sniped will piss me off

Its not that I can't snipe. I was in the top 10 for sniper kills in resistance. But I don't camp in 1 spot the whole game. I run and gun even with a sniper rifle. I play games the best I know how without cheap tactics, thats just me. The honest truth is I hate to lose lol. But to beat me with cheap tactics will get you hatemail and no respect lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
your fucking 100% fail. You and Ryan.

Posting vids sayin your beating someone, but blur out the other players name?

lol LAME.

I came up with a demonstration video on how to avoid Mileena's sai spam. Starring doublefanboy(Kung Lao) and Wario7414(Mileena) as my assistant in this demonstration. I hope this you enjoy our presentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHOHhEgLtEc
=) that's funny. what that video doesn't show is how you were doing the same thing to me and was still losing. It also doesn't show how you kept quitting and coming back. Thats why my name appears twice in that video. Me spamming you was retaliation for you spamming, losing and quitting. Nice try though lol. I took my doublefanboy videos down because that whole doublefanboy vs Wario youtube shit is lame. Im tough in real life. I don't need to hide behind the internet to be tough. But my challenge to you to play me random select is still open. Send me a buddy invite as doublefanboy not triplefanboy not lets_do_a_dance not johnny2cocky not dimitrisvyapolk or the other 12 names. Take it easy my friend =)

humorous? Your the only one who thinks your videos are funny. And whoever does think their funny cant beat me. What I don't understand is why are you so in love with me. its 2009 and youre still on my dick. You care more about youtube than I do lol. I don't know why you don't understand that youtube means absolutely nothing to me whatsoever lol. This is nothing but the internet. Its not real doublefanboy lol. Unless you wanna play 30 random select games on your Doublefanboy account then there is nothing you can say that will get my attention.

Oh yea thanks for posting my pic on youtube. A old gf found me from that picture lol. doublefanboy got me some pussy yall lmao

Dubs you have a Ds? I have it on on the ds, need some people to play...every time I go on there I get owned with infinites...I have a 360 but its been stripped of its good qualities;(

kensi

Noob
humorous? Your the only one who thinks your videos are funny. And whoever does think their funny cant beat me. What I don't understand is why are you so in love with me. its 2009 and youre still on my dick. You care more about youtube than I do lol. I don't know why you don't understand that youtube means absolutely nothing to me whatsoever lol. This is nothing but the internet. Its not real doublefanboy lol. Unless you wanna play 30 random select games on your Doublefanboy account then there is nothing you can say that will get my attention.

Oh yea thanks for posting my pic on youtube. A old gf found me from that picture lol. doublefanboy got me some pussy yall lmao
that fool gets no respect. it's really sad that he's so obsessed with all of us.

so he's lets_do_a_dance?? doesn't surprise me. i've smashed that dude everytime i've played him. he doesn't stick around for more than 2 matches either. i should have guessed that.

kensi, i think its great that we have a fan club. doublefanboy seem's to not only be a client but he's also the president of the hate club. i am especially flattered, i love the "dookiebrain_sucks" and the "dookieCantCombo" account's. thanks man, maybe someday youll actually be a man and set up REAL matches,with REAL names in the lobby.but until then we get to watch your super-tough "1" and "2" match vids,lol. when do we get to see a REAL doublefanboy match vid? your so good right? then what the fuck is the problem?

@tim, i love the "fail" shipment, hilarious

back on topic, none of those choices to vote on really bother me at all. i never was bothered by counter-picking or any of that shit. doesn't even matter to me, pick whoever anyone wants,lol, or spam me all you want, ill always find a way around everything. i see lot's of people bitching about,spamming,counter-picking,jab pressure,infinite's,run-jabs,death punching(mk2 and umk3). if its in the game then youll have to get used to the fact that all and everything will be used against you at some point. and isnt that what makes the game fun? i love a good challenge.

i guess i just hate when a player finally wins 1 game,then quits and sends hatemail,gimme a fuckin break

Xman98

Noob
I say this with recognition that many of you are far more advanced at the game than I am, but to suggest that people shouldn’t find spamming or counter-picking annoying because it is “in the game” is sophistry.

Look, we recognize the attributes of great MKII players when we play them and I am willing to bet that none of you would list “consistent spamming” among those attributes. And frankly, despite the statements to the contrary, we (at least those of us in the UMK community) do not simply play to win. If that were the case, then we would make no distinctions between “playing friends” and non-friends. We do not ordinarily employ a strategy of consistent spamming when playing a friend because we intuitively recognize something underhanded about it, and we know that said friend will call us on it.

The fact that I cannot beat a consistent spammer might show a lack of skill on my part—I have no problem admitting that. But that in no way makes spamming (or whatever cheap method you use) less underhanded. When I get beaten by Real_Talk, I think to my self “man, he’s good”—And I should! When I get beaten by a spammer, I do not think “man, he’s good”—Nor should I!

I say this with recognition that many of you are far more advanced at the game than I am, but to suggest that people shouldn’t find spamming or counter-picking annoying because it is “in the game” is sophistry.

Look, we recognize the attributes of great MKII players when we play them and I am willing to bet that none of you would list “consistent spamming” among those attributes. And frankly, despite the statements to the contrary, we (at least those of us in the UMK community) do not simply play to win. If that were the case, then we would make no distinctions between “playing friends” and non-friends. We do not ordinarily employ a strategy of consistent spamming when playing a friend because we intuitively recognize something underhanded about it, and we know that said friend will call us on it.

The fact that I cannot beat a consistent spammer might show a lack of skill on my part—I have no problem admitting that. But that in no way makes spamming (or whatever cheap method you use) less underhanded. When I get beaten by Real_Talk, I think to my self “man, he’s good”—And I should! When I get beaten by a spammer, I do not think “man, he’s good”—Nor should I!
very good point's, yeah spamming is annoying when i think about it. i don't see it too too much though,every once in a while i play someone in the lobby that spam's like hell and it's annoying. and sometime's they will be good at spamming and make it all the more difficult,lol,lol

dubson

Noob
I'm gonna make this very very simple for you people.

If you are losing to people who "spam", you are fuckin bad at this game.

Goes to doublefanboy's video of him beating Wario. Who was spamming, contradicting himself.

Sorry Wario, but for someone who finds "spamming" to be "dishonorable", and then get completely busted out on tape doin it to a random, and losing..... Wow.

@ Xman

Your statement "to suggest that people shouldn’t find spamming or counter-picking annoying because it is “in the game” is sophistry." is of its own topic and completely out of context to my, or anyone's post. It was regarded as dishonorable, not annoying. Someone can find anything they want annoying, as it is their own privilege. But to label something clearly intended for the game's fighting mechanics as dishonorable, is absolutely absurd.

When you buy a game, you have just paid to play that game however the fuck you want.

Goes back to my sniper rifle statement in shooter games.

There is a PRETTY BIG REASON, you don't see players like Sushi, Kensi and Real_Talk posting in this thread.

Dubson - 2
Internet - 0

JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST!!!

EDIT - On a side note, none of those are annoying in my opinion except for letting the timer run out. Against Subs, i found it amusing. Hit a Sub player once, then run they fuck away the whole match. Probably annoying for the Sub player though lol. Pretend like youre Greased-Up Deaf Guy from Family Guy.

dubson

Noob
If you find "spamming" annoying, for god's sake, do not play Street Fighter 2.

Watch any high level matches, and you will see plenty of it.

It is part of the game play, just as it is in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.