What's new

What do you fall for?

After discussing stupid.crap I fall for with some of my reptile brethren, I thought it would be funny to discuss stupid gimmicks or set ups we all fall for all the time.

For instance...

Lao does an ex tele. I stand there like a jackass. Trying to remember what side he is going to finish on, and at the last moment I panic, uppercut, and get lit up for like 40%.

Or sub comes in, d4's twice, I block.the second and think "you can't beat this at neutral!!!!!" Elbow dash directly into an ice clone.

Or better yet, sub makes an.ice clone while backed into the corner, I laugh it off cause I'm not jumping in there anyway, start to do anything...get hit with ex slide, into the clone...every...damn...time....

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Well I don't play Reptile but since this is in MK9 discussion thread I'll say what I fall for still lol. I'll be using JC against Freddy and at full screen I jump over a glove and get hit by mid claw, drives me crazy I still fall for it. When fighting Sonya's I STILL fall for the d1 cartwheel (I try to start my offense here) then get blown up by ex cartwheel. Those 2 are probably the most primary and when fighting Jax I forget that his f413 hits JC in the corner for whatever reason and let go of block after the f4 only to get hit by a 100% corner combo.

Oh, where to begin haha:
I still try to throw forceballs at smoke after a knockdown.
I try to throw forceballs at subzero at 3/4 screen and trade with iceball.
I try and d3 cage's stupid ass f3 nonsense.
I always block low during skarlets dash and eat her overhead.
I try to throw forceballs at sonya sometimes and eat a divekick.
I try to counterpoke sonya and eat a divekick.
I try to D1 AA all the time.
To name a few lol

Well I don't play Reptile but since this is in MK9 discussion thread I'll say what I fall for still lol. I'll be using JC against Freddy and at full screen I jump over a glove and get hit by mid claw, drives me crazy I still fall for it. When fighting Sonya's I STILL fall for the d1 cartwheel (I try to start my offense here) then get blown up by ex cartwheel. Those 2 are probably the most primary and when fighting Jax I forget that his f413 hits JC in the corner for whatever reason and let go of block after the f4 only to get hit by a 100% corner combo.
Yeah man its not reptile specific. I just love laughing at the dumb shit I still fall for. These are all funny cause we all do them from time to time.

coolwhip

Noob
No but seriously, a completely idiotic thing I STILL fall for is throwing low hat against Reptile from anywhere other than full screen right as the opponent dashes, jumps over it, and combos me.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Yeah man its not reptile specific. I just love laughing at the dumb shit I still fall for. These are all funny cause we all do them from time to time.
Lol yea after seeing what I wrote and constantly thinking about how to not fall for this stuff, I still will fall for it. Shit happens.

No but seriously, a completely idiotic thing I STILL fall for is throwing low hat against Reptile from anywhere other than full screen right as the opponent dashes, jumps over it, and combos me.
I play both of those characters and o still do that.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
And I still fuzzy guard online as if it's going to make a difference.
THIS...EVERY...SINGLE...TIME...
I still try to AA cross ups online, but that's out of sheer principle.
Kung Lao...that is all.
I still try to play footsies with Sonya.
I still try to punish Raiden's teleport online.
I still try to poke out of Cage pressure.
I still play Reptile for 85% of my MU's.

THIS...EVERY...SINGLE...TIME...
Kung Lao...that is all.
I still try to play footsies with Sonya.
I still try to punish Raiden's teleport online.
I still try to poke out of Cage pressure.
I still play Reptile for 85% of my MU's.
I honestly can't like this enough times haha

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Kung Lao...that is all.
I love it.... this is the mindset EVERY offline player has lol... nothing is worse for me (a Cage main) to be blowing up Kung Lao offline to then get a set in online and have a Bird Lao tele3 my uppercut....

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
My biggest fail is that I try to punish d3's online with strings rather than jumps. (online where d3 is + frames no matter what).

I still fall for Skarlets corner gimmick of ending the combo with slide and then jumping away and throwing a down dagger to stuff and bait wakeup attacks.

SZ just dies to this...... cuz slide goes UNDER her and then she kills you.

I also fall for NW's jab "pressure" 111111111111111 jails me.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Blocked cartwheel then I eat ex cartwheel. I always fall for smokes whiffed tele and get the wrong input so I can't wakeup (this is online) and eat another combo...I always try to anti air scorpions jump into tele and eat a combo...I always initially forget to block low vs Liu Kang until pretty much half my life is gone

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Here is my list of things I am VERY aware of, but still get caught in from time to time.

- Cyrax Breaker traps, even though I know they are coming
- Sub Zero b2 in the corner after 13f4
- Smoke tele after airthrow in to b2/grab ERRMAHGERD WAKE UP for the LOVE OF GOD lol
- Ermac b2 shenanigans. I think POKE or Cross up and I just freeze up.
- KL's stupid tele 2 "reset" in the corner.
- Poking after a Kabal disadv NDC string when he has meter....baited like a fish -_-
- JCs obvious jump bait in the corner.....
- KL EXlowhat....I freeze up like there is a damn ice clone up or something....
- Barakas 5050 after a standing reset, I still just block low and get blown up lol.
- Kitanas standing 2 otg.
-Fucking d1~cutter, I punish it sometimes, but get hit a LOT.
-D4ing cage when he has meter....only to get gobbled up by EXnP....lol
-Getting auto-Xrayed by cage when he is standing next to an ice clone and I come in to establish spacing only to get xrayed without touching him -_-

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I know there is plenty I fall for on a constant basis, I have a bad habit using a ball roll right after a tele kick and IDK why, but I always am dumb and still hit Cage in his X-ray move, I know its simple just wait until he is done or just ove away from him, yet I still stinking hit the bastard.

Error

DF2+R2
I still try to get people to respect frame traps
I still play randoms
I still expect the randoms to use No Blood/Disable Foreground Objects codes (they don't)
I try to punish moves that are -15 (ie unpunishable online)
I still fall for d1,d1,d1,d1,d1,d1xxsmokebomb
When I'm getting pressured I'll block forever, and the second I let go my opponent decides to finish the string/special cancel.