What's new

Question What do you do against jumping opponents

Gizmo235

Noob
I just got injustice recently and don't really know what I should be doing when the opponent just does nothing but forward jump towards me as I dont really know how to punish them when they are just doing jump attacks into safe strings and repeating.

Right now all I'm doing is d2 to get them off me and pretty much hitting them with db2 and trident whenever they aren't near me.

What can I combo into from a hit on a jumping opponent?

Gizmo235

Noob
I'm pretty sure you can connect the F+2, 1+3 after the scoop for a bit more damage.
Only problem I have with this is the landing the 22 after the d2 since d2 launches them differently depending on when you hit them it seems

Only problem I have with this is the landing the 22 after the d2 since d2 launches them differently depending on when you hit them it seems
I had the same problem at first, but you get used to it eventually. and if they're jumping from fullscreen (or outta D2 range) i usually use a well-timed trident throw.

Gizmo235

Noob
Yeah I got used to landing the 22 after a bit in practice but online I'm finding that landing the d2 with proper timing is pretty challenging as you need to do it before you get hit but if you do it too early it whiffs. I suppose I'll get used to it over time.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I'm pretty sure you can connect the F+2, 1+3 after the scoop for a bit more damage.
Online ive actually gone to b12 after the uppercut. Sounds crazy I know but with input delaY sometimes I whiff 22.. and you dont EVER want to whiff 22, especially after trident scoop. Its full combo city. Anyway you have to time b12 a little better in a way but it works for me online for whatever reason.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Yeah I got used to landing the 22 after a bit in practice but online I'm finding that landing the d2 with proper timing is pretty challenging as you need to do it before you get hit but if you do it too early it whiffs. I suppose I'll get used to it over time.
Also if you get caught whiffing d2, dont forget your trait. Obviously wont work if your launched, but in a lot of cases will save your ass and really piss 9f your opponent.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Does Aquaman have any other reliable anti-air moves outside of D2?
He doesn't need any. Aquaman, as far as I'm aware, has the best d2 in the game. It has great range, a great hit box, and great start-up. It's also somewhat decent as a pseudo DP. It even stops most cross-up attempts!

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
He doesn't need any. Aquaman, as far as I'm aware, has the best d2 in the game. It has great range, a great hit box, and great start-up. It's also somewhat decent as a pseudo DP. It even stops most cross-up attempts!
Good to know. I'm some cases I may not be hitting D2 fast enough. I'm not as consistent with it as I'd like to be so I'll have to work on that.

Would everyone agree that Aquaman's best jumping attack is D2? Is this one that works better?

b+3 can be good to use if they jump at you from a distance, once they hit their highest point of their jump b+3 or b+3 MB get yourself a nice 35%-45% combo off of it. You can also use b+2 or f+3 in the same manner. Like others have already stated, I use d2 to fend off jump in attempts at closer ranges.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
d2 of aquaman is one of the best in the game, is fast and have a great range, even hits from behind (d2 have a big hitbox, even you can punish cross ups). you can get 30% aprox from d2: d2,22 db2mb,22 scoop,223, easy combo. also you can connect b3 after d2 but you must connect d2 very high.
Also b2 works like AA too.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
JaredL What's the name of that chick in the top of the middle panel?

Lol I posted this in the wrong thread. Thought this was the black adam thread.

Anyway, about this. Aquaman should be the least worried about jump ins.

Abuse dat D2 and B3 nigga