What's new

Question What do you believe to be Skarlet's weakness?

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Can someone tell me how execution heavy she is?I was thinking of buying her but this thread really turned me off.
Depends on what level you plan to play. I do well with her online and can do most of her stuff most of the time. This is just online, no pressure to do well and usually not too tough of competition. When I play the best people on xbl I get blown up, but I feel I hold my own. She is super fun and has a lot of combos and mixers that aren't as hard as as people make them out to be.

Tournament Skarlet... is a horse of another color. Her hardest stuff is very hard. Fun to learn, but hard to do right all the time. Plus you add in having to play perfect against someone else that is playing perfect... it makes this character hard. I'm just starting out with offline tournament action so everyone else in here knows way more than me about this stuff, but to play skarlet and have fun doesn't mean you have to be the best that ever was.

Don't not buy her because the word on the streets is she's hard. There's plenty she can do that will get you most of the way, it's just that upper most level stuff that is hard.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Depends on what level you plan to play. I do well with her online and can do most of her stuff most of the time. This is just online, no pressure to do well and usually not too tough of competition. When I play the best people on xbl I get blown up, but I feel I hold my own. She is super fun and has a lot of combos and mixers that aren't as hard as as people make them out to be.

Tournament Skarlet... is a horse of another color. Her hardest stuff is very hard. Fun to learn, but hard to do right all the time. Plus you add in having to play perfect against someone else that is playing perfect... it makes this character hard. I'm just starting out with offline tournament action so everyone else in here knows way more than me about this stuff, but to play skarlet and have fun doesn't mean you have to be the best that ever was.

Don't not buy her because the word on the streets is she's hard. There's plenty she can do that will get you most of the way, it's just that upper most level stuff that is hard.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo
I wanna play her at a very high lvl, i dont play the game casually, i play it to get better

hows the alien btw

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Vany and DarkSlayerSmith used to say the same thing and they though they could have the same skarlet has i possess once they learned everything on training mode, only to keep getting blown up hard on every tournament.
Being good with Skarlet and being good at her commands are two different things. Like I said, she's not that hard execution-wise. I never said she wasn't hard to play in general. Kabal players have much more difficult stuff to learn to do at will, and even then it's not among the most execution heavy characters in history.

I used to play Budokai...a game where JF cancels are a necessity to be good, especially with a number of characters. And Chef played/plays SFIV, which is definitely more execution intensive than MK.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Being good with Skarlet and being good at her commands are two different things. Like I said, she's not that hard execution-wise. I never said she wasn't hard to play in general. Kabal players have much more difficult stuff to learn to do at will, and even then it's not among the most execution heavy characters in history.

I used to play Budokai...a game where JF cancels are a necessity to be good, especially with a number of characters. And Chef played/plays SFIV, which is definitely more execution intensive than MK.
yup, i've been there too, Budokai 2 was awesome

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I wanna play her at a very high lvl, i dont play the game casually, i play it to get better

hows the alien btw
All the more reason to play an intense character like Skarlet.

The alien's doin good, chilln, bustn outta chests.

CYracks

Command Grabber
Can someone tell me how execution heavy she is?I was thinking of buying her but this thread really turned me off.
I play MK heavily and main about half the cast. When I tried to pick up Skarlet I got a huge blister on my left thumb after practicing for 1 hour.
She's really tough. QQ

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I play MK heavily and main about half the cast. When I tried to pick up Skarlet I got a huge blister on my left thumb after practicing for 1 hour.
She's really tough. QQ
I feel like a freak because I've been playing fighting games so long, blisters are an afterthought to me. My thumbs are seriously toughened.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
What her weaknesses when the opponent is in the corner pls ?
Her ex dash can move through advancing specials, putting her in the corner. other than that she's like Kabal in the corner. pretty strong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This is the one character where the player does matter.
She can be played in a whole mess of ways..... Dink and Ninj play her completely different when I face them.

I think you have to exploit the player and not the character.

I honestly don't see the point in doing the max damage reset..... when just landing A SINGLE RESET... will usually chip your way to the same damage.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
She can be played in a whole mess of ways..... Dink and Ninj play her completely different when I face them.

I honestly don't see the point in doing the max damage reset..... when just landing A SINGLE RESET... will usually chip your way to the same damage.
Max damage should be whatever the player can accomplish. More damage is always better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

She gets more meter + the opponent get less meter while taking chip damage

ryublaze

Noob
Max damage reset if you plan on canceling it into ex dagger + blockstring or decide to go for ex-overhead mix-up otherwise your opponent will have more frames to poke/armor out of an empty red dash.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
lol...... don't blow me up..... you guys are the ones dropping it in clutch situations...

I'd setting for 35% and the chip consistently...... rather than a few JF in a game where the BACKGROUND eats frames :)

ryublaze

Noob
lol...... don't blow me up..... you guys are the ones dropping it in clutch situations...

I'd setting for 35% and the chip consistently...... rather than a few JF in a game where the BACKGROUND eats frames :)
It depends on what combo it is. A midscreen max damage reset is really easy to drop, but some corner combos using B1,1,F4,down slash twice aren't too difficult. The 57% corner reset is definitely the hardest to do, but if I'm doing max damage off of F2,1,2,1+2 and I wanted to end the round/match then I'll go with F2,1,2,1+2, Down Slash, B1,1,F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2, EX Dagger, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash slide.