What's new

Question What do you believe to be Skarlet's weakness?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So, Skarlet is not top 10, she has a lot of stuffs but still not the best character in the game.
So non Skarlet players think she can be taken on by most of the cast because its believed by Skarlet players that she doesn't lose to anyone badly, and by non Skarlet players that she doesn't dominates anyone either.

So, assuming you believe you have good chances to fight Skarlet, its because you clearly have spotted a weakness or hole on her common game that will eventually make her lose against a very good player, or against a high level match.

The sentence is simple:
do tell about it, about what you believe to be Skarlet's weakness, the place where you will get her badly.
Discuss

Note: This is to be a healthy discussion, please respect the members opinions on this post, and do not jump out offending anyone here, i would gladly appreciate it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
IMO her main weakness are the players who use her drop 90% of her max damage combos to resets and havent mastered the IAD

Should be noted this character has the hardest to hit consistent 45% BNBs into resets so its understandable but if there ever came a scarlet player who never dropped one thing then the community would respect her threat a hell of a lot more.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
IMO her main weakness are the players who use her drop 90% of her max damage combos to resets and havent mastered the IAD

Should be noted this character has the hardest to hit consistent 45% BNBs into resets so its understandable but if there ever came a scarlet player who never dropped one thing then the community would respect her threat a hell of a lot more.
Pig speaks the truth.

On top of what pig said, it comes down to meter. When Skarlet has meter she is by far the most dangerous character in the game. (When pigs points on execution are addressed)

the only reason skarlet gets beaten is becaus she gives the opponents windows to break through. Those windows are dropped combos, missing iad, not canceling eh daggers fast enough. It turnes a match in a second.

The best example is missing an iad against cyrax, getting caught in a net, then being forced to breaker. The out come of this is huge. Two bars gained or two bars lost. Without meter she is mid tier, with meter she is ALWAYS a comeback factor. If an opponent can get the skarlet to waste meter they will win, but It comes back to the skarlet player to manage meter effectively.

To sum up:

1) Execution - makes or breaks a skarlet player
2) Meter management - No matter if she is down 90% - 10%, she is a comeback factor with meter.

If these two things are met, all of her MU numbers get a 1 point boost...lol

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

Also mu experience beyond any of us currently have. If myself, or fly, or etc, lived near vsm and could practice constantly vs an array of the cast, it would make a huge difference.

Never missing an iaBD is huge too. And her max damage combos are all down to the frame for resets. One doesn't understand how tough these resets are until they try to do 10 in a row, and that's just in practice. I consider myself having damn good execution, and her best mid screen resets give me trouble, because you start the 1,1,2 on the 7th hit, meaning they need to be just about to hit the ground or it will whiff (and you will subsequently get full punished).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If someday any player gets in full synchrony with skarlet, as REO is with Kabal, this player will definitely be unstoppable.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The number one weakness I see is she's second only in difficulty to Jade. That is because her tools are better so she requires high execution but the reward for the risk is way higher than for Jade.
The other weakness I'm seeing is that once the player's game is figured out with her, she's pretty predictable and straightforward but by far not as solid in tools as Kabal or Lao, whereas those two can be faceroll-executed by any scrub and are easy to win with even online.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I'm considering really really really picking her up after Dallas.

I can already land IAD's decently well and have most of her BnB's down, but she takes a lot of play experience.

I really want to see someone learn to hitconfirm every time off of F4 xx Red Dash.

D

Deleted member 9158

Her specials are fairly slow on start up, but the armour makes up for it.

that and her projectiles are weak, and the blood ball makes you lose health lol. I've played a few skarlet's who lost a match because of an input error that made them use a blood ball with like 5% health left. Her execution is what causes her weaknesses. As people have said in this thread already, if a Skarlet player with the same caliber of execution with her that REO has with Kabal, then we're all fucked.

but until then my friend, she's a potential threat.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I can't really see any weak points in this character, unless her player isn't on par with their execution and punishment.

Everyone else here already explained it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Can someone tell me how execution heavy she is?I was thinking of buying her but this thread really turned me off.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Can someone tell me how execution heavy she is?I was thinking of buying her but this thread really turned me off.
Really heavy. You need to not drop her combos which are the hardest to learn in the game. Besides that, her normals are a bit on the slow side.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
very execution heavy...so so so execution heavy that the more I play her in one sitting, the more I drop because my hands get tired.

ryublaze

Noob
IMO her combos really aren't that hard once you get the hang of them, unless you go for the more damaging combos which only add a few more percent.