What's new

What criteria did you base your main character choice on?

Runefyst

Noob
As dumb as it sounds, I have more interest in using characters that look cool to me. For example, I have absolutely no interest in using Sheeva, just because I don't like her character design.
I don't think there's anything wrong with that what-so-ever. Take Raiden & Liu Kang. They're pretty good characters, but I've just got no interest in their personality/looks. If that kind of thinking puts me at a disadvantage when playing tournies & such, then so be it. :)

Kwon

---->----
Of course, you should be satisfied not only with how the character behaves but also the look.

Even if there was a character who had the fastest jabs, easiest and most damaging kombos, was the best zoner/rushdown/whatnot-character of them all, if he/she would look like crap, i would not use it.

If they would bring odd-looking characters that seemed totally out of the MK-universe, like Tron Bonne, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe to the game, even if they were the best, i would NEVER use them.

It's about kicking ass, and look good while doing so as well! :D

I myself have no problem with the look of ANY character-design in MK9 so far.

Looking forward to Rains design as well as Fujins.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
Speaking of favorite characters it'll take some daamn good convincing for me to get MK 10 consindering ALL BUT TWO of my favorite characters where killed.

Speaking of favorite characters it'll take some daamn good convincing for me to get MK 10 consindering ALL BUT TWO of my favorite characters where killed.
I am sure they will resurrect them somehow ... haha

And on a side note ... cyber sub zero and reptile are fighting for my main position now. One will def be my main and the other will be my alt.0