What's new

What characters do you feel are overly exaggerated with how bad they are as characters?

This is my first time actively joining the test your might forums and their seems to be universal tier list that they will go off to show how good or bad a character is.

But their is some people that litterally are getting on my nerves with some of the characters they call really bad in this game. I know theirs gonna be too many MK experts that's gonna claim Git GUUD YIU NoOB. Yeah I know. Those people need to be assassinated.

Shao Khan

What Test Your Might Says: Really unsafe strings, very slow string starters, struggles in the poke game, most of his best starters are high

What I've seen & played: Really good combo potential, Long advancing Normals, good D2, really good KB damage follow ups(can get 500 damage), Good grab potential, can hold his own against zoners, good specials

Jade

What Test your Might Says: unsafe combos , low damage potential, unsafe specials, slow startups.
Almost the same as Khan.

What I've seen: Eliminates Zoning. Even stops Erron Blacks Fatal Blow, really decent zoning game, long range, safer than she appears, unpredictable mix-ups, frame traps, D2, Shadow Kick unpredictable, etc

Anyone else I forget?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Sometimes I get the feeling people are exaggerating just how bad D'vorah is because they don't know much about her, but she's also legitimately the worst character and needs major buffs or even some redesigning, in my opinion.

She really is mathematically inferior to most characters, with no real pressure, few krushing blows, no mid string faster than 20f (but she does have a 17f low that leads to nothing without a setup) , and weak mix even from setups, but people act as if she doesn't even have a gameplan because most of them have literally never played a D'vorah.

MuMuGuy

Noob
The only characters that don’t get downplayed constantly are D’Vorah, Frost and Kotal, since all three are legitimate ass.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
The only characters that don’t get downplayed constantly are D’Vorah, Frost and Kotal, since all three are legitimate ass.
Id be down for Frost buffs..even auctioneer at CB said she was ass...didnt last long...

Kano is ass. He can't zone, he can't counter zone, he always needs to get in but can't get in free and he can't apply good safe pressure once he is in. His combo damage isn't even remarkable either. He's a pile of unsafe options that you force your opponent to guess between but you get punished way harder when they guess right than you get rewarded when they guess wrong.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Kung Lao, Kotal Kahn, Kollector, Raiden, and Johnny Cage.

People seem to be coming around to KL now, but people still trash Kotal and Johnny. They all have to work harder and play much more patiently than a character like Geras, but just because you have to condition your opponent to get your gameplan started people act like they're unusable.

I dont get why people trash Kollector so bad. He seems really solid.

Raidens flaws do hold him back but he has a lot of potential. I tried so hard to be good with him and the losses I had are the reason my W/L in ranked is mediocre. But I think that's 100% my fault

The only two characters I think are that bad are Frost and Dvorah. Dvorah mostly just needs frame data/hitbox adjustments, but I just dont see what Frost actually does

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
People over downplay Kollector I will say

like he's still kinda bad though, but he certainly isn't the worst like I see some people doomsay. He could certainly use help on a lot of fronts but he's a pretty complete character, its just that he really isn't strong at anything.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
F R O S T. I've been playing her (insert joke about me never playing characters I'm excited for) and she is definitely not remotely as bad as people say she is. Could she use some love? Sure I wouldn't mind it but she's viable and people are acting like shes and unfinished product like D'vorah or some shit.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Kotal struggles but most of the people who try and play him just completely play him wrong and declare that he has nothing going for him. Hes mobile, he gets pressure off normal Huehuehue, and with the damage buff he can really snowball a round. The parry is also situationally ridiculous.

Hes one of the characters who often has to go for a fast, safe knockdown that you can dash up after. He uses F4, KL uses F12, Johnny uses F44, Raiden uses F32. They can't safely hit confirm like other characters, which sucks of course, but they use what they can

D

Deleted member 35141

Kung Lao, Kotal Kahn, Kollector, Raiden, and Johnny Cage.

People seem to be coming around to KL now, but people still trash Kotal and Johnny. They all have to work harder and play much more patiently than a character like Geras, but just because you have to condition your opponent to get your gameplan started people act like they're unusable.

I dont get why people trash Kollector so bad. He seems really solid.

Raidens flaws do hold him back but he has a lot of potential. I tried so hard to be good with him and the losses I had are the reason my W/L in ranked is mediocre. But I think that's 100% my fault

The only two characters I think are that bad are Frost and Dvorah. Dvorah mostly just needs frame data/hitbox adjustments, but I just dont see what Frost actually does
As a Johnny main I can admit ive complained abit but it really feels sometimes I'm playing a different game.
All my damage I have to work hard for with no KBs. I mean WTF he doesnt have a overhead like Lao so the mix up is with the grabs yet has no KBs attached to them.

All his moves starting high wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have 2-5 moves that whiff against 23 characters.
Anyways to the thread question sub zero he's anywhere between 5-7 depending on matchup and yet they act like he's bottom 5

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
As a Johnny main I can admit ive complained abit but it really feels sometimes I'm playing a different game.
All my damage I have to work hard for with no KBs. I mean WTF he doesnt have a overhead like Lao so the mix up is with the grabs yet has no KBs attached to them.

All his moves starting high wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have 2-5 moves that whiff against 23 characters.
Anyways to the thread question sub zero he's anywhere between 5-7 depending on matchup and yet they act like he's bottom 5
I 100% agree that Johnny should have a KB for both throws. I feel like just that difference would greatly increase his viability

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I love how people who never touched a character come here and say he's actually good because someone probably beat them with it.

Johhny Cage IS bad because his hits and projectiles WHIFF ON CROUCH BLOCK, and he has NO usable krushing blows period.
There is literally NO logical argument to argue with the above sentence period.