What's new

What character would shoot up to top tier with 1 little change?

Ermac - overhead links into specials (could you imagine?)
Subzero - slide goes under all airborne projectiles (too op but it'd still be sweet)
Sheeva - make anti-crouch grab sweep distance
Jax - cancel strings into ground pound
Smoke - Low starting launcher

Espio

Kokomo
I've punished d1's on whiff with KL's b1. That has to be slower than 16f
Lao's Back 1 is 26 frames from what I just checked and Stryker's back 3 is the same speed, which also means you can use to punish whiffed pokes with that as well, it's cool little things like that.

I actually didn't know Lao's Back 1 was that speed haha.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I've punished d1's on whiff with KL's b1. That has to be slower than 16f
Yeah that also doesn't require a dash before it because he does not have trex arms.

Lao's Back 1 is 26 frames from what I just checked and Stryker's back 3 is the same speed, which you can use to punishe whiffed pokes from what I've observed/tested.
LBSH Whiff punishes aren't a big deal, of course you can punish them! It's not like youre under any block stun or negative effects! This is a concept for all characters.

I'm just saying making Stryker's back 2 a mid would not shoot him up at all. If he was faster, making b1 say, 9 frames instead of fucking 16 for example, he would be awesome. Gun cancels would have a purpose and 9 frame 40 damage punish = yes.

Lao's Back 1 is 26 frames from what I just checked and Stryker's back 3 is the same speed, which also means you can use to punish whiffed pokes with that as well, it's cool little things like that.

I actually didn't know Lao's Back 1 was that speed haha.
I actually use b3 to whiff punish pokes :D

Mikemetroid making it faster wouldn't help him much if it can still be ducked. He still wouldn't be able to get good damage off of low hitbox characters.

I'm sure we all can agree he gets a beefy combo from b2

Yeah that also doesn't require a dash before it because he does not have trex arms.

LBSH Whiff punishes aren't a big deal, of course you can punish them! It's not like youre under any block stun or negative effects! This is a concept for all characters.

I'm just saying making Stryker's back 2 a mid would not shoot him up at all. If he was faster, making b1 say, 9 frames instead of fucking 16 for example, he would be awesome. Gun cancels would have a purpose and 9 frame 40 damage punish = yes.
I agree with making b1 faster, but b2 being mid and 9f? The op said 1 change lol

Justice

Noob
I think Shang Tsung would be boss if he had (or we could find?) codes for him to morph into anyone at will like back in the day.

Jade could be stoopid tier if she got some more of her speed back from MK3

Sheeva could be tops with a ground throw (like Tina in DoA)

Cyber Sub + clones = broken tier ;)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
LBS here, Jade has to have more than one change to get to the top, but one that would make her jump up is Freddie's glove toss-like boomerangs (15 start-up instead of 26-28, safe on block instead of -10-21, 47 duration instead of 58-68).