What's new

Question - Sorcerer What change should be made to purple spell?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Hi,

I think it's agreed across all sorcerer players that the purple spell is completely useless. For those who don't know what it does, which is understandable because its never used, it changes your special moves.

When standing in the spell it changes the skull, air skull and rune into purple!!!! Which is the coolest thing about the spell. It also drains the opponents meter on hit.

What changes should be made to make this more useful?

I think one change is that it drains meter on block too. Right now it only drains meter on hit so if they block your zoning nothing happens. So draining meter on block would be much better. And also draining more of the opponents meter on hit would be great too.

Another possible change would be when you are in the spell and you're hurting the opponent they shouldn't receive meter. This means if you setup a spell in the corner and you combo on them they won't gain any meter at all while Quan is standing in the spell and will lose meter when you use a special in the corner mid combo. This would be great when they don't have bar to break and you can keep it that way!

Make the move faster so a trance, spell, f2 combos which would work well the change above.

Make trance and portal drop purple! Trance would be useful if it drained meter to, sky drop wouldn't be because it's never used but you might as well make it affected as well.

For clarity:
Reduced recovery (enough so trance, spell, f2 combos)
Opponent doesn't receive any meter when quan is in spell (from receiving damage)
Meter drain on block
Greater meter drain on hit
Trance and skydrop are affected by spell

What do you think should be changed? Is this too much?

Last edited:
def should drain meter on block, but i realy like the idea of trance turning purple and draining meter as well. I think sorcerer is such an amazing variation that it sucks the meter draining portal isnt that useful. Cause rune traps own ....they...own..

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
make it drain meter on block and faster to cast so that it can be used like a meter rune trap.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Make it talk on release, "Gimme that meter, b1tch!!!"

colby4898

make it drain meter on block and faster to cast so that it can be used like a meter rune trap.
I don't think that would be enough I don't think it would ever be beneficial to use that over the chip spell.

However if the changes I suggested like opponent not gaining meter when being combod in the spell it stops them from breaking. That has an advantege over chip and armour spell because those spells have no effect when the opponent is being combod where as meter spell would. I think it would be situational but would have some genuine benefits over the other spells.

This with being able to do trance, spell, f2 would be amazing. Imagine in the corner you land a b2 trance. you could go into f2122 and get a ~35% combo with one bar while draining their meter. Right now if you land a combo in a purple spell they may lose some meter frome using ex rune in the combo but not as much as they gain from receiving damage.

colby4898

Quan Chi is already broken. Why would you want to buff him? :coffee:
Summoner? I agree.
Sorcerer and Warlock are good but not broken.

But also just because I think every move in the game should have some use. This is a move only sorcerer has and it's completely useless. It's clearly something that NRS want to be used as it was included in his move set and if it isn't being used then it should be changed so it can be used as the developers intended.

REO

Undead
Sorcerer
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now has greatly reduced recovery.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now has a bigger area of effect.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now causes all skull type projectiles and runes to drain super meter on block.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now slightly reduces the recovery of a skull projectile done in the air when landing.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now causes AIR Skull projectiles to hit Overhead instead of mid.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now causes all versions of Ground Burst (D,B+1) to hit Low instead of mid.

That's how I would buff it. I think those buffs would give you situations where you would actually use it over his other spells and it would become viable.

colby4898

Sorcerer
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now has greatly reduced recovery.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now has a bigger area of effect.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now causes all skull type projectiles and runes to drain super meter on block.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now slightly reduces the recovery of a skull projectile done in the air when landing.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now causes AIR Skull projectiles to hit Overhead instead of mid.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now causes all versions of Ground Burst (D,B+1) to hit Low instead of mid.

That's how I would buff it. I think those buffs would give you situations where you would actually use it over his other spells and it would become viable.
That's an interesting list of buffs. I had mine more focused on offensive buffs but you made buffs that would make him a better zoner. That's a pretty cool idea which I would be equally happy with.

colby4898

thats what you could think in here
But seriously though
Summoner needs nerfs
Warlock is fine
Sorcerer doesn't need but would be preferable a change to purple spell so it has use. I don't think asking for a move that's in the game to be useful is too much to ask.

But seriously though
Summoner needs nerfs
Warlock is fine
Sorcerer doesn't need but would be preferable a change to purple spell so it has use. I don't think asking for a move that's in the game to be useful is too much to ask.
thats reasonable but other quan stuff might need a nerf then

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Summoner? I agree.
Sorcerer and Warlock are good but not broken.

But also just because I think every move in the game should have some use. This is a move only sorcerer has and it's completely useless. It's clearly something that NRS want to be used as it was included in his move set and if it isn't being used then it should be changed so it can be used as the developers intended.
Don't you feel that 80% combos are just a little broken?

Not sure of optimal sorcerer combos but I know you can get 80+

Though I do agree the spell needs to be changed

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
how DO you get 80+% anyways? i been looking but havent been seein this fabled high damage output by quan anywhere on youtube. Show me :T

The most annoying part is that you drain there meter but when you have them in a combo it gives them some meter back which should be disabled when this spell is up.