What's new

What Captain Cold could have been...

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
This thread is just to see what kind of stuff Captain Cold could have had if he'd been in the game, both Gameplay and Character wise. His gun can do more than point, shoot, and freeze things.

So please I'm not looking for hate.

EDIT: Just added more images
Gameplay

As a Character

i think he would be a keepaway character with an ice wall that have to be jumped over or attacked while you can move away, a slide or a stryker like roll. cold field trait (a buff that freezes if the opponent hits you or is depleted when hit by a projectile) and of course a freeze ray. he could dual wield guns to have fast normals using pistol whips and kicks.

and remember kids, say no to drugs, or leonard snart will freeze your asses!

Not a huge CC fan, but I would take him over Killer Frost, Ares, or Raven any day. I know a lot of people will disagree, but I feel like NRS dropped the ball a bit on on Ares and Killer Frost.

Not a huge CC fan, but I would take him over Killer Frost, Ares, or Raven any day. I know a lot of people will disagree, but I feel like NRS dropped the ball a bit on on Ares and Killer Frost.
I dont see how the God of War can ever be considered "dropping the ball" and while I couldn't care either way about the Captain Cold vs. Killer Frost thing(I think Captain Cold's look is just off for this kind of game and I don't know much about Frost except she has ice powers, drains body heat, and has tits), I'd take Frost over, say, Chillblaine or Mr. Freeze.

I dont see how the God of War can ever be considered "dropping the ball" and while I couldn't care either way about the Captain Cold vs. Killer Frost thing(I think Captain Cold's look is just off for this kind of game and I don't know much about Frost except she has ice powers, drains body heat, and has tits), I'd take Frost over, say, Chillblaine or Mr. Freeze.

I agree with you on the way CC looks. Never been a fan of his design, but he is a cool character. As far as Ares is concerned, I can think of about 20 characters off the top of my head that are more interesting, and in my opinion, more deserving of a spot than Ares. Truth be told, I'm not a WW fan and haven't spent much time reading her comics except for a couple of arch's in the early 90's.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I agree with you on the way CC looks. Never been a fan of his design, but he is a cool character. As far as Ares is concerned, I can think of about 20 characters off the top of my head that are more interesting, and in my opinion, more deserving of a spot than Ares. Truth be told, I'm not a WW fan and haven't spent much time reading her comics except for a couple of arch's in the early 90's.
Being more interesting is an opinion, and you even admit it's ill-informed.

Being "more deserving" is irrelevant; all the names that people actually care about are in. What matters is if Ares can provide a unique enough experience to have been a worthy pick for a character.