What's new

Question What are your personal character improvements/changes?

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
A combo or damage off a breaker are you crazy? I shouldn't be punished for landing a combo, that's beyond (soap bar in my mouth). There's ways to buff UB I'm sure but ffs that is definitely not one of them. Imagine you're close to making a comeback on UB(hypothetical ofc) and he breaks and kills you bc your health was so low. It'd be definitely stupid.
It was just a thought. Ub sub should be more defensive, and I don't think the slide buff was necessary for a defensive character. Spending three bars for a single freeze off a breaker dosent seem too bad considering the damage and damage scaling after a freeze, and the damage would be lower than the x-ray damage. Now that I think about it more, using that much meter for a freeze wouldn't be worth it after all.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Give sub a mid that isn't - on block and is under 12 frames give him at least a 7f poke it's necessary in mkx it's ridiculous that characters still have 9f pokes smh

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Dude have you seen Saltface play Ethereal? Guy is on another level, mileena as a character in whole completely insane, everyone is just so focused on piercing to see that. She's like quan where she has a variation for any and all matchups, the dirt is real but no one talks about it.
Lol dude, i thought the";)"was enough to tell i was joking and being uber sarcastic? and i know i was one of the first like 4 months before anyone else that said don't buff her that much, she was my main Day one, i said she was close to top tier pre buff. and she was close to top then, just noone played her right. and then Saltface god bless him, said for months that mileena was shit, and it was because he didn't utilize all her strings correctly, then Reo and sonic set next to him and showed him how to use Mileena to her full potiential, then saltface came out and admitted that she was S top tier best character in the game like a mature adult and admitted when he was wrong and never downplayed her again. then TYM became the n ormal crazy train of blow her gifts out of per portion. Like TYM always done, every character gets this stigma and reputation that builds up the more people here a character is top tier, then said character generates Hate. when she was bottom tier noone hated her or said shit, then when the rumors where said she was top, then every time someone lost to her, it was total bs and she needs nerfs. not just her thats every character. this community is psycho like that.

but yeah i was joking doggy. no worries i don't want any Mileena buffed, like i said I hate thew matchup cuz she has a stupid B12 range, they nerfed it before in a quick slap patch that didnt do anything to nerf it at all. Remember her B12 used to say +2 on block, now they nerfed it and it says -2 on block, but when they use it with max range and step back with frame perfect its still plus 2 on block and it has bockstun to complicate it further. i fully know they didnt nerf that normal right, and this time around you better expect that that string is getting touched.

and im sorry to all the Mileena true mains, not the ones that Tier whored her after popularity. but that string will be no more after next patch i guarrantee it and have it on good athority.

when i realized along time ago that she was so strong, i didn't use her anymore and switched.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Give sub a mid that isn't - on block and is under 12 frames give him at least a 7f poke it's necessary in mkx it's ridiculous that characters still have 9f pokes smh
Im all for Sub Zero buffs, but he needs Variation specific buffs, Let me tell you what will happen: if you buff universal normals, after this patch a week into it, every top player wil;l bicth and moan about hoe GM is too strong and how he needs to be Super nerfed to be normalized, and he will have a flikering clone by the time they are done with it.

If he is gonna be buffed the one that needs it is Unbreakable, and what can be done the most is reduce rewcovery and startup of aura. so that more than one string can be used to link his aura in combo, then make Frozen shield/Frost shield freeze JIP's/NJP/Crossovers so that it is not 100% useless : the only way you can use it is to punish gaps and possibly trick opponent to hit out of turn while you have it out.

and Unbreakable will be Awesome.

but GM and Cryomancer are very very good. i have Zero hate with Subzero he is in my top 5 used characters. but Im not gonna downplay his usefulness. What so many on here do not understand is that while buffing the bottom and nerfing the top slightly is very much needed, it does nothing to balance the game at all!

all it does is shift gears, only reason anyone gets buffs and nerf is not to balance, its because they truly need them and that should be the only reason. Game mechanics tells the characters and limits them to what they can do: it says play inside these two lines, and the problem is they don't have clear lines. some characters can go past the lines or fall short of it. and thats because they waist every patch on Character adjustments(which is still needed) and don't focus on the real issues. The problem is thats all they do.

A perfect example of them not knowing what the lines are, is when they nerfed Tremors HTB and on next patch created another one for him that was closer to an unblockable. or when they take one away from another character and describe they want that gone then give to another. or when they Nerfed CSZ and Cyrax and SMoke and Sektor.

they clearly tried to do one thing and messed up several.

I actually talked to a few of them and they told me they where only trying to keep the looping reset out, that they knew cyrax was a setup character and thats how he worked in this game, since he don't have unblockable bombs he has lows so HTB is the closest thing as long as it was escapable. but they hit 15 areas instead of one. and this was because of Fear before a tournament and evearyone bitching about him.

same thing on CSZ: they wanted true HTB that was forced and only had 1 frame to react and no way out, they wanted that gone along with the tool that put them there, the glitch of F2 well they didnt take shit away and we found another way to do it. and then when they wanted his Freeze to not be machine gunned they messed up the starters along with it.

Thats an example of drawing a line, but not being clear of said line within the game, so all these characters are capable of stepping out of them.

MadeOfMetal

It was just a thought. Ub sub should be more defensive, and I don't think the slide buff was necessary for a defensive character. Spending three bars for a single freeze off a breaker dosent seem too bad considering the damage and damage scaling after a freeze, and the damage would be lower than the x-ray damage. Now that I think about it more, using that much meter for a freeze wouldn't be worth it after all.
just needs:

Frost Shield to freeze JIP's, NJP's, Crossovers and tick throws.

Aura needs to startup quicker and have less recovery on normal Aura so UB Sub can link combos easier with Aura in middle. the B12 into 242 is Dumb and quit input heavy. considering most of the community can not even perform a fatality. they should make it work with more strings as well.

And he will be Awesome.

MadeOfMetal

Regular fade is actually VERY punishable. It feels really stiff, and Ethereal is definitely her weakest variation, damage wise.

I just want her (and everyone really) to be as relatively balanced as they can be. I do think Piercing should be adjusted, but not to the point that she's nerf crap. B12 does play a big role in Piercing combos and overall play style.
Ethreal is arguably better than piercing, only reason Reo and Sonic said to saltface that Piercing is the best pick is because of the B12 jailing at max range. but Ethreal can Escape all Vortexes/Loops/Resets/Cancel pressure/Gaps and make it her turn, as well as use it for Cancel pressure.

It needs nothing but others to use her to her full potiential. and i would be ok with all variatnts having low sai. but good luck getting the rest of the community to say ok to that especially the Top whiny players. they complaine more than anyone, look at recent patches, none of that happened from the watchful eye of Derek and tyler. that was all Top players telling NRS over and over this character is BS because i lost to it. No shit i have watched thi shit happen. ive even seen then say get everyone to agree these 5 characters who are really strong to be shown they are fine, and lets get these 10 characters on the top of the Nerf list right before patch. then everyone loads tech videos onTwitter and private forums, and private counsils a few i have been in. asking to shield known tech of a few characters to get a couple others nerfed.

you have no idea.

Trust me when i say All of Mileenas variations are very good.
and all of aliens are good. Konjurer is quite possibly better than Acidic. The possiblilities with Pod is obnoxious. you can use it and Start middle and End Setup from fullscreen into a 1 bar 40% combo easily from anywhere and end it with a Pod to shield you, it is never the opponents turn. Acidic allready got nerfed and that tick damage is not that bad, it used to be horrid. im talking 90% combos in corner. and Acid blood had 14 frames of advantage or close to it. now it only has 1 frasme of advantage. not even a true vortex. And Exo sting the projectile, is not a full screen move all you have to do is walk backwards. and back 3 is half screen. what is actually broke about alien Acidic is the JIP2 auto correct. and the Breoke thing about Tarkatan is Jailing Rekkas. and thats it. NRS didn't make that B3 the range it is on accedint, and they really didn't make it Sopecial cancelable on mistake its no oops that he can mix u up from that far away. A few top players helped them make him, and walked through what was broken and what was not.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Liu Kang:

Universal changes:

- Hurtbox on D+3 slighty increased.
- U+4 is now a high.
- U+4 start up now changed to 6 frames.
- U+4 now has a slightly increased upward hitbox.
- The last hit of Snapping Dragon (1,1,2) now has less pushback on hit.
- Mids being mids. F4,4/F4,4,4/B3/B3,4/etc

Dragon's Fire:

- Dragon Fire now has 3 frames of added delay before you can cancel out of it on block. (this does not affect any current dash cancel combos and there is no delay on Hit)

Flame Fist:

- All fireballs now have a slightly increased hitbox.
- Parry issues fixed.
- Slightly damage nerf on Windmill Punch and EX Windmill Punch.

Dualist:

- All Solar Flare projectiles drain one bar of energy from the opponent on hit. (energy = stamina for running)
- All Solar Flare projectile types drain half of a bar of energy from the opponent on block.
- Instant air Soul Spheres have recovery reduced.
- EX B,F+1+BLK (Dark Sphere) now absorbs and negates all projectiles that it comes in contact with.
- EX B,F+1+BLK (Dark Sphere) no longer counts as a projectile and cannot be negated or absorbed by any other projectile based attack only when Yang (D,B+3) buff is active.
- All Soul Spheres now have a slightly increased hitbox on the explosion.
- All Soul Spheres now start-up closer to Liu Kang.
- All Soul Spheres now absorb 1 projectile that they collide with only when Yang (D,B+3) buff is active.
- Orbs does not explode on walls anymore.
- Better healing.

Last edited:

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Ethreal is arguably better than piercing, only reason Reo and Sonic said to saltface that Piercing is the best pick is because of the B12 jailing at max range. but Ethreal can Escape all Vortexes/Loops/Resets/Cancel pressure/Gaps and make it her turn, as well as use it for Cancel pressure.

It needs nothing but others to use her to her full potiential. and i would be ok with all variatnts having low sai. but good luck getting the rest of the community to say ok to that especially the Top whiny players. they complaine more than anyone, look at recent patches, none of that happened from the watchful eye of Derek and tyler. that was all Top players telling NRS over and over this character is BS because i lost to it. No shit i have watched thi shit happen. ive even seen then say get everyone to agree these 5 characters who are really strong to be shown they are fine, and lets get these 10 characters on the top of the Nerf list right before patch. then everyone loads tech videos onTwitter and private forums, and private counsils a few i have been in. asking to shield known tech of a few characters to get a couple others nerfed.

you have no idea.

and all of aliens are good. Konjurer is quite possibly better than Acidic. The possiblilities with Pod is obnoxious. you can use it and Start middle and End Setup from fullscreen into a 1 bar 40% combo easily from anywhere and end it with a Pod to shield you, it is never the opponents turn. Acidic allready got nerfed and that tick damage is not that bad, it used to be horrid. im talking 90% combos in corner. and Acid blood had 14 frames of advantage or close to it. now it only has 1 frasme of advantage. not even a true vortex. And Exo sting the projectile, is not a full screen move all you have to do is walk backwards. and back 3 is half screen. what is actually broke about alien Acidic is the JIP2 auto correct. and the Breoke thing about Tarkatan is Jailing Rekkas. and thats it. NRS didn't make that B3 the range it is on accedint, and they really didn't make it Sopecial cancelable on mistake its no oops that he can mix u up from that far away. A few top players helped them make him, and walked through what was broken and what was not.
Oh I know very well the sway they have. A certain "top player" tried to say Ravenous was too OP on Twitter.

I was like, uh no. Ravenous, in my opinion, is her most balanced (and honest) variation by a mile. She has no "escape" EX fade, no 50/50 wake up, etc. That really irritated me more than it should have lol!

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Bo Rai Cho
Better backdash
Better foward dash
F2 a mid
Less recovery on s4
Less gaps
Drunken Master:
Drunk state last longer. 15 seconds
Drinks accumilate time, doesnt reset
Drunken f3/B3 1+3 can cancel into drink
No gap in db1 lvl 2-3
D4 jails into df1 and db1 from max range
Any nerfs to Bo damage is understandable if his neutral gets buffs
Oh and fix the wiffing issues on monkey flips and 1212

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Dude have you seen Saltface play Ethereal? Guy is on another level, mileena as a character in whole completely insane, everyone is just so focused on piercing to see that. She's like quan where she has a variation for any and all matchups, the dirt is real but no one talks about it.
Shhhh...don't tell anyone. ;)

SaltFace NS

Lol dude, i thought the";)"was enough to tell i was joking and being uber sarcastic? and i know i was one of the first like 4 months before anyone else that said don't buff her that much, she was my main Day one, i said she was close to top tier pre buff. and she was close to top then, just noone played her right. and then Saltface god bless him, said for months that mileena was shit, and it was because he didn't utilize all her strings correctly, then Reo and sonic set next to him and showed him how to use Mileena to her full potiential, then saltface came out and admitted that she was S top tier best character in the game like a mature adult and admitted when he was wrong and never downplayed her again. then TYM became the n ormal crazy train of blow her gifts out of per portion. Like TYM always done, every character gets this stigma and reputation that builds up the more people here a character is top tier, then said character generates Hate. when she was bottom tier noone hated her or said shit, then when the rumors where said she was top, then every time someone lost to her, it was total bs and she needs nerfs. not just her thats every character. this community is psycho like that.

but yeah i was joking doggy. no worries i don't want any Mileena buffed, like i said I hate thew matchup cuz she has a stupid B12 range, they nerfed it before in a quick slap patch that didnt do anything to nerf it at all. Remember her B12 used to say +2 on block, now they nerfed it and it says -2 on block, but when they use it with max range and step back with frame perfect its still plus 2 on block and it has bockstun to complicate it further. i fully know they didnt nerf that normal right, and this time around you better expect that that string is getting touched.

and im sorry to all the Mileena true mains, not the ones that Tier whored her after popularity. but that string will be no more after next patch i guarrantee it and have it on good athority.

when i realized along time ago that she was so strong, i didn't use her anymore and switched.
Ok 1st off in the beginning she was shit. Piercing B1,2 was horribly negative, telekick was negative ON HIT, telekick into Sai did not combo, Ethereal had no Ex Fade, Piercing Low Sai was negative ON HIT, no fast pokes so she got destroyed once she got knocked down, Roll was the fastest move in her entire arsenal, and the only variation that was usable back then was Ravenous. So yea she was SHIT.

REO didn't teach me Mileena I taught YOMI Mileena & Sonic didn't teach but he gave me advice & steered me in the right direction. For the longest I was on my own learning her back then because no one wanted to play her at a tournament level besides myself & a very small bunch but i clearly outclassed them in skill. Please get your facts straight on that.

And what your talking about when i i said she was S-Tier was after the XL buffs. One more thing B1,2 isn't the real issue...its all the other tools she has behind it that makes the string dumb.

SaltFace NS

you have no idea.

Now that is more truthful. They told me they felt Piercing was better due to the changes but I was not gonna abandon all of the work i put into Ethereal & drop it. Piercing does not fit my playstyle that I have in MKX so that is why i do not use it that much. Plus I rather have EX Fade in my back pocket anyday.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Ok 1st off in the beginning she was shit. Piercing B1,2 was horribly negative, telekick was negative ON HIT, telekick into Sai did not combo, Ethereal had no Ex Fade, Piercing Low Sai was negative ON HIT, no fast pokes so she got destroyed once she got knocked down, Roll was the fastest move in her entire arsenal, and the only variation that was usable back then was Ravenous. So yea she was SHIT.

REO didn't teach me Mileena I taught YOMI Mileena & Sonic didn't teach but he gave me advice & steered me in the right direction. For the longest I was on my own learning her back then because no one wanted to play her at a tournament level besides myself & a very small bunch but i clearly outclassed them in skill. Please get your facts straight on that.

And what your talking about when i i said she was S-Tier was after the XL buffs. One more thing B1,2 isn't the real issue...its all the other tools she has behind it that makes the string dumb.
Hawt dayum

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
For real, SaltFace is right.

Mileena wasn't "OP" in the beginning, and even now I only consider ONE thing about her to be controversial (b12 Piercing). Even with that I am a little skeptical, because it doesn't low profile. Add some recovery frames on block so people stop harping on it.

Ravenous and Ethereal are solid but not OP, as ALL variations should be.

MadeOfMetal

calm down bro, i just told it how i herd it: let me put it this way, have you ever gathered people in a circle and told a one line sentance and by the time it gets around the circle it all jubled up and confused. that is essentially what happened here.

but as for you saying she was the best in the game you clearly did on this forum.

And i believe she was better than precieved when she was first out, by no means was she S tier but she was good none the less. im not here wqaging war on you, i believe you are worlds better with mileena than those two and never said otherwise. it seems on this site unless you explaine every possiblility in detail you get jumped on something. anyways hope to see you in some top 8s soon. later saltface and good luck.

MadeOfMetal

Now that is more truthful. They told me they felt Piercing was better due to the changes but I was not gonna abandon all of the work i put into Ethereal & drop it. Piercing does not fit my playstyle that I have in MKX so that is why i do not use it that much. Plus I rather have EX Fade in my back pocket anyday.
on another note, i havent been up to date with you after 3-29 triborg nerfs and all. how have you been doing with Jason? any top 8's or any vids i should check out that you feel noteworthy?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
BONESHAPER
projectile is -7 on block
f41d2u2 launches (comboable only into scepter midscreen)
gap in f41d2 (gap) u2
f41d2u2 is -6 on block

GENERAL CHANGES
lower hitbox on first hell spark
d4 doesn't jail in hell sparks anymore
b3 is completely unsafe but is easier to combo afterwards
ex shoulder is special cancellable
hitbox fixes
s3 hits low
b2 is +4 on block
reduced hitbox on ji1

IMPOSTOR / NECROMANCER
amulet styke is -6 on block and +something decent on hit

IMPOSTOR
better stealed moves

NECROMANCER
better tracking on flick
unblockable is run cancellable

those are all changes I'd like, but not the full pack or shinnok would become too good

Last edited:

SaltFace NS

calm down bro, i just told it how i herd it: let me put it this way, have you ever gathered people in a circle and told a one line sentance and by the time it gets around the circle it all jubled up and confused. that is essentially what happened here.

but as for you saying she was the best in the game you clearly did on this forum.

And i believe she was better than precieved when she was first out, by no means was she S tier but she was good none the less. im not here wqaging war on you, i believe you are worlds better with mileena than those two and never said otherwise. it seems on this site unless you explaine every possiblility in detail you get jumped on something. anyways hope to see you in some top 8s soon. later saltface and good luck.
I'm not mad but i don't like when misinformation is spread thats all.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
1) Takeda, make ex kunai a mid and he will be balanced. If you want you can make his 7 frame d1 8 frames since that was kind of an unnecessary luxury buff lol
2) Alien, take away overhead flips armor. Having an overhead and a low armored move with almost the same frame data so you have to guess on his wake up is just so dumb on so many levels
3) Bartitsu Bo, give him the ability to ex his db2 so he doesn't have to commit a bat for potentially no reward what so ever, wasting a bar because you went balls out and thought you were going to hit him is THE WORST, and give his other variation a better poke to at least keep up with some of the cast

Also @ando1184 tornado kick is fine. It is mostly a gimmick if used to immediately get in. It has zero air priority so every anti air and every air to air WILL beat it. And it is already -21 on whiff, the reason why it feels hard to punish is because the teachers player either lands too far away or you thought it was going to hit you so you blocked and you noticed too late that it whiffed, yes it is kind of a guess but that is the least reliable way of dealing with the tool. The tool is very good in moderation, but it is far less of a problem then people make it out to be. Yay Match up knowledge

leoj89

Noob
For mileena I want b2,2 and f2,3 to have bigger hitbox.
Also I want the 1,2,4 string to be adjusted to the correct damage output during combos.
These changes shouldn't hurt anyone.