What's new

What are your least favorite Towers modifiers so far?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I still cannot believe these modifiers are attached to the most serious individual gear grinds in the game.

But then, I remember what AAA games have become, and the shock wears off.

This is insidious.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Darkness with Frost aura, and Cyrax net it has so much pushback and stops your combos. I finally timed it and cut off my combos to block it.

E

Eldriken

I used Skarlet. I beat it by constantly keeping an eye on the assist cooldowns. Pretty much as soon as it's ready, it will be used. Even then, it's still ridiculous.

Oh, wanna know something else stupid? If you lose to the kunais, you'll stay ignited until the next round and immediately start taking burn damage. Smart people over at NRS, huh?

I used Skarlet. I beat it by constantly keeping an eye on the assist cooldowns. Pretty much as soon as it's ready, it will be used. Even then, it's still ridiculous.

Oh, wanna know something else stupid? If you lose to the kunais, you'll stay ignited until the next round and immediately start taking burn damage. Smart people over at NRS, huh?
That’s how we know they didn’t play test this shit lmao. But I like the strategy you used Ima try that out see if it works. The towers of Time have potential to be really fun they just need to fix these unfair ass modifiers. You know that one modifier that turns the screen black? Another one that’s broken as hell

E

Eldriken

That’s how we know they didn’t play test this shit lmao. But I like the strategy you used Ima try that out see if it works. The towers of Time have potential to be really fun they just need to fix these unfair ass modifiers. You know that one modifier that turns the screen black? Another one that’s broken as hell
Aye.

A tip for the tower we've been talking about: the stun arrow tends to come first and then the kunai shortly after. So when the stun arrow is about to come, either neutral duck (if safe to do so) or block it and then get ready to jump over the kunais.

Also, getting the AI into the corner is a great way to avoid the kunai because they'll usually go right over you.

The water wave one was particularly aggravating for me. You can jump it if you are at the peak of your jump, but you can't block it or see it coming at all. You just have to kinda guess and jump every few seconds or you eat 15%.

Unblockable missiles that home in on you and do 20% are also really stupid, but at least you see those coming.

E

Eldriken

The water wave one was particularly aggravating for me. You can jump it if you are at the peak of your jump, but you can't block it or see it coming at all. You just have to kinda guess and jump every few seconds or you eat 15%.

Unblockable missiles that home in on you and do 20% are also really stupid, but at least you see those coming.
The fire missile is the worst. Unblockable and does DoT damage? Oy.

The fire missile is the worst. Unblockable and does DoT damage? Oy.
For sure. So many of these modifiers seem to be designed around the player having the corresponding "50% reduced damage" item, which is often not the case. Then you get 3/4 of the way through a tower before you find out you need it, and it's "tough shit, GG."

Xelz

Go over there!
All of them. Seriously. Even the ones that aren’t difficult aren’t fun. I play single player to get better at my combos, and having to cut them short because of incoming missiles/farts/assists/whatever feels like it’s making me unlearn skills that are useful when playing real opponents.

I don’t care how many cosmetics are locked behind the towers of time, I simply won’t play a game mode that isn’t fun when I could be enjoying myself in online versus or regular towers. Injustice 2's rotating multiverse at least included a lot of towers that were free of modifiers - I wish the Towers of Time did the same thing.

Edit: Typos

Last edited:

ATIWAB

Noob
Any of them that force me to unlearn my muscle memory for BNBs, so... the "special moves cause you damage" one, for sure.

Also Takeda's Kunais are ridiculous and the frost aura one is probably the dumbest one in the game.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Don't remember names but the one where Cassie has Kung Jin, Jacqui and Takeda assists. Omg if one hits you, the rest follow up and it's fuckin 50% of your health lost!

Most of them.
It was really annoying to stop a combo because what looked like Bo Rai Cho's breath just hit me in the middle of it.
If I use a konsumable to get one on my side it might hit an enemy out of my combo and do more harm than good. When I doubt I just remove the enemy's ability to block, but then it doesn't feel like I won the fight fairly, you know?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I'm only playing the Towers with AI because it's so garbage. I'll take the controls if my AI is too stupid to realize it should block sometimes otherwise I'd really rather not.
This whole singplayer content is a huge bill and I wouldn't even fuck with it if I didn't want skins.

Every game NRS hypes up the online singleplayer like it's going to be this epic experience and at BEST its a mediocre grind. At worst, well, it's the steaming shitfest that is MK11 Towers.

My advice? Don't bother playing through the grind, just make a Reversal/Combos 30/30 AI Sonya or Cassie and go make a sandwich.

Last edited:

ATIWAB

Noob
Yes. If you read the description for that tower it says it breaks even pro players
I'm at the 7-Barakas-In-One-Match-That-You-Have-To-End-In-All-Brutalities-8-times-in-a-row one and it's so fucking dumb I'm putting it off til later or until I unlock a Brutality with super easy requirements from the Krypt.

dont know what it's called but it's when a skull travels across the floor.

"oh you play skarlet where her most effect combo is 212 212 which causes launches? SMACK by something you can't see cause the camera tilts UP and obscures the floor.

also the blood one from Skarlet tower. Ever get hit by an amplified Liu Kang bicycle kick? something was had and it was not fun.