What's new

What are you looking for in your injustice Character?

What play style is most important to you?

• Pressure + Stagger Strings (or command grabs)

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Mixups (50/50)

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Zoning/keep away

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • Footsie/spacing

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • Setups

Votes: 16 24.2%

• Total voters

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
To me there are generally five different styles of play in most fighting games, especially injustice:
  • Pressure/Stagger Strings/ Command grabs: Essentially overwhelming the opponent up close and chipping away at their life. More about hits here and there rather than huge combos.
  • Mixups and 50/50s: The batgirl or most all of MKX gamestyle of keeping the opponent always guessing, very momentum based and putting one into the blender. Strong highs/lows required in a character
  • Zoning/Keep away: Playing the projectile game, forcing the opponent to come to you and forcing them to make mistakes. Best played full screen, great for making reads.
  • Footsies/Spacing: Characters with great range which has a versatile use of keeping opponents at a lengthy distance away for which you can strike them but they are not close enough to strike you, or good for getting in on zoners with your long reach.
  • Setups: Someone who is entirely based upon opening you up the first time and setting up traps, chip, vortex, and other resets or combo starting gimmicks.
I find that for the most part a viable character will have at least two to three of these in their gamestyle and a very very good or sometimes "op" character will have three or more. Personally I prefer the Zoning and Setup game style of forcing a opponent to come to you and being able to gain momentum by placing them in traps or reseting them over and over again. Being able to keep an opponent guessing and forcing them into frustration is valuable and goes a long way imao.

What about yourselves?

Mikotto

Boon Pls.
Footsies and Setups for me.

Looking forward to hitting the lab with Captain Cold, Green Arrow, and Darkseid.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I have always been more of a pressure person, so I think that Black Canary and Cheetah will fulfill that need

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
If I'm completely honest, I'm just going to try everything and see which character feels right to me.
Their play style etc is not initially important to me cause I always end up with completely different characters every installment of NRS games, though zoners are usually a no go for me.
If I find characters I'm really interested in I'll do my best to learn their ins and outs and start to invest major time.
But I'm not looking for specific tools.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I voted for spacing and keepaway but mainly it's fun. I already know he's gonna be fun, and it also looks like he'll be good this time too.

Rizz091

Noob
I like footsies and or zoning. I like as little guessing as possible. But I also like making the opponent block a lot so maybe black Adam? Viable anti airs are also a must.

Also just by default I gotta learn dead shot for the hate mail and salt

Killusion

Stream addict
My main character:
-has cool moves and personality
-is relatively easy to play
-excels in footsie/spacing play style

I'm still looking for my main lol, any suggestions?

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Footsies & Pressure. Being rewarded for outplaying my opponent in the neutral and putting them on the defensive with my upclose pressure is my thing. Its what drew me to WW in the first Injustice. I dont know if she still has it that good in this game (havent seen much of her gameplay) but from what ive seen from Supergirl, shes right up my alley.