What's new

Question What are Flash's worst matchups?

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Depends on if you start popping her flight trait to cancel into stuff or not. Plus whether or not you go into something that involves mb or wing evade.

I only know some of her stuff so I'm not certain but her pressure is really really legit. If anyone could punch a hole in between moves it'd be flash but they both move so fast on their pressure and such that it'd be threading a needle if I were to just take a guess at it. I mean wing evade itself can cause whifs not even counting the crazy dodges I've had occur point blanking wing evade into flip kick and then watching her roll over someones back as they fly under her. Its just a crazy match of pressure and gaps that are crazy small and chancey.

We should try to bring in some Hawkgirl frame counters for this one. Someone who abuses her trait cancels and wing evade who can tell us what she has that she cant make safe or not before we try to judge Flash vs Hawkgirl...and even then its probably going to be based on the players.
Wing evade and trait mindgames sound nice, gotta pick up Hawkgirl (Earth 2 FTW!) to get a good grasp of the match up. Will add on this tomorrow.

She is pretty much always safe on block, you are forced to counter her offense in a traditional sense as oppsed to blocking and hitting back. Because she has a 6f d1 it puts pressure on you to interrupt her broken strings to gain momentum.I've a few matches against Trepound at an AKA which displays my difficulties. I typically lose to his Hawkgirl all day.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog

so last night i played zyphox at the break. i picked lantern because there is no way in hell im going to pick DS vs flash. this is pretty much how the matchup goes in my eyes. unfortunately i made some really fucking retarded decisions and my lantern is really shitty so I lost but whatever it happens.

Anyone saying Flash has no bad matchups is absurd. Aqua and GL easily stand as 6-4. More than likely batman as well, though I don't have a ton of experience with him.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I agree. A lot of it has to do with the propaganda spread by KTP.

What is Deathstroke vs. Flash in your opinion?

7-3, actually his worst match up. the fact that he can so easily move in on you and put you in frame trap land is really what makes it hard. when he can punish low guns he hes really close to you and can MB for a full combo. unless you get him cornered, you really dont have much going for you. i have a lot of experience in this match up and its gotten worse every single version. my practice partner is a KOF player who dabbles in injustice and plays flash. hes a very solid fundamental player and he steals all of zyphox's tech, so im familiar with most of his really goofy setups and know how to block them for the most part. the one thing that he does that i dont see enough flash players do is just dash in and d12.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
7-3, actually his worst match up. the fact that he can so easily move in on you and put you in frame trap land is really what makes it hard. when he can punish low guns he hes really close to you and can MB for a full combo. unless you get him cornered, you really dont have much going for you. i have a lot of experience in this match up and its gotten worse every single version. my practice partner is a KOF player who dabbles in injustice and plays flash. hes a very solid fundamental player and he steals all of zyphox's tech, so im familiar with most of his really goofy setups and know how to block them for the most part. the one thing that he does that i dont see enough flash players do is just dash in and d12.
Well-said. I agree. Deathstroke would need safer low gunshots to stand a chance in this match.

Who else do you believe that he loses to?

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Well-said. I agree. Deathstroke would need safer low gunshots to stand a chance in this match.

Who else do you believe that he loses to?

i see him as the only really unwinnable matchup tbh. post patch i see him losing to catwoman, doomsday, nightwing, black adam, aquaman and batman. there are a handful of characters i cant really comment on because i lack match up experience in them. matchups people seem to disagree with me on are frost and superman. unfortunately im not the greatest player, more of a theory fighter so i dont think people take me very seriously.

BoricuaHeat

DS's ji3 is the answer to the Flash matchup imo, not the guns.
I don't know man, gotta agree with Dave. Deathstrokes jump 3 can't really elevate the problems he encounters with Flash, not to mention a jump away 3 can be punished with a lighting charge mb.

Deathstrokes guns are also an essential part to his game plan, adding to the fact that Flash can punish them from just about anywhere besides full screen hurts him in the match up.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
ji3 is somethin flash has to deal with but its not good enough to carry DS. if flash blocks ji3 and the following mixup, he is right in DS's face to put him in frame trap land. high risk/mid reward.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I don't know man, gotta agree with Dave. Deathstrokes jump 3 can't really elevate the problems he encounters with Flash, not to mention a jump away 3 can be punished with a lighting charge mb.

Deathstrokes guns are also an essential part to his game plan, adding to the fact that Flash can punish them from just about anywhere besides full screen hurts him in the match up.

You saying lightning charge has the priority over the ji3' sword hitbox? oO

BoricuaHeat

You saying lightning charge has the priority over the ji3' sword hitbox? oO
If they jump backwards and press that 3, you can punish them with the charge. And if they don't even press it at all you still punish them for jumping back. I am not really sure on the definition of priority but yeah, it should theoretically beat out a Death Stroke whiffing a mistimed jump 3.