What's new

Question What are Flash's worst matchups?

I was just seeing if there is a general agreement from the flash community. I believe most people say Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Super Man, and Green Lantern are bad matchups, but with the recent patch notes do you guys think BA and SM will be even or maybe in flash's favor after the patch. I also struggle with MMH and KF, are these matchups considered even or losing?

Any advise on the best way to approach in these matchups would be greatly appreciated, preferably Wonder Woman (I just cant ever catch her) and GL (when I finally get in I just get B1'nd) Thanks.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Flash doesn't really have any bad match ups post patch now. Right now we go even with Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Killer Frost. Superman at worst is 5.5-4.5 Clark's favor, same goes for Black Adam and MMH.

Just be patient with Those two bro, find your moment to dash in and start your pressure. If they read your dash, whiff punish their normals (lasso, or b1) with lighting charge and always make sure you do max damage trait combos to start. Other than that, on wake up you can mb b3 so that shouldn't be a problem. Ask if you need anymore advice!

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
I'd have to say (oddly enough) Lex is a bad match-up for Flash and soon Lobo will give him a run for his money too I think. I not trolling but the reach and set-ups are kinda against Flash if you think about it. Especially with the new changes in the patch coming.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I'd have to say (oddly enough) Lex is a bad match-up for Flash and soon Lobo will give him a run for his money too I think. I not trolling but the reach and set-ups are kinda against Flash if you think about it. Especially with the new changes in the patch coming.
lex is not a bad match up, he nullifies his armor, punishes hard and can get in anytime he wants on lex, plus lex can;t duck MB LC up close so that statement is false imo.

Flash doesn't really have any bad match ups post patch now. Right now we go even with Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Killer Frost. Superman at worst is 5.5-4.5 Clark's favor, same goes for Black Adam and MMH.

Just be patient with Those two bro, find your moment to dash in and start your pressure. If they read your dash, whiff punish their normals (lasso, or b1) with lighting charge and always make sure you do max damage trait combos to start. Other than that, on wake up you can mb b3 so that shouldn't be a problem. Ask if you need anymore advice!
Thank for they advise, hmm you think he goes even with mmh and ww? I must just be bad

In an effort to want to play Flash again, I would love if this conversation continued. Characters I dislike playing right now are

Batman - Defensive trait is difficult to break and you cannot just wait it out as it will make situation worse. mid batarangs can mb for safety, has a counter move.
Aquaman - Better footsies, with meter lead can out chip, think flash wins but just an annoyance mu
Wonder Woman - hands down better footsies, damage ratio is higher than flash
Harley Quinn - keep away is difficult to approach, higher non metered damage ratio
Nightwing - hard to get in without taking damage, lots of frame traps that outpoke our frame traps. Corner lockdown does a lot of chip if you do not just frame punish with unsafe upper.
Bane - demolishes poke game, best oki in the game, patience hurts you since more venom buffs is more dangerous
Lobo - can sit on nuclear shells and win from range forcing action, one of the strongest char with meter, able to make up when lobo has no meter.
Black Adam - able to sit on life leads, cannot make comebacks often though unless you just do not block right.
Zod - Trait mixups are strong, trait chip is difficult to deal with safely, air zod charge locks out aerial options, has counter
Deathstroke - Great j3 hard to punish, good wake up options, removes air approach with flip, 50/50 setups
Hawkgirl - high safety, can chip away at flash, good d2, steady damage flow and evasive movement.

Thats all I can think of right now but the rest of the cast isn't much better.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i find DS vs Flash to be in flashes favor. i like to say 7-3 but most people dont think so. he really doesn't have to respect guns at al and can just dash in all day, has much higher damage output than you, his way of punishing low guns puts him in your face and can be MB'd for a full combo at a much farther range than most characters. he really seems to only do well when flash is cornered and he can apply his bullshit corner pressure but thats really it.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Oh I didn't know I could punish the MB gunshots, the travel distance seems to add frames to sonic charge.

MB shots you need to be a little closer for but still, hes using meter so he isnt punished just for chip damage. it really isnt that great of a use of meter

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Bane is free for Flash, lol

Crushes armor with MB LC, fast strings, standing 2, Bane has to respect MB LC on wake up, Flash has as much damage and better KD set ups, and lord forbid he catches Bane on debuff.

7-3 Flash unless it's changed somehow. Doombawkz

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Oh, where else would ds use meter? I feel like ds running away is the harder way to play this MU.

the thing is he doesnt really have a good use of meter anywhere in this matchup. outside of maybe MB f3 or b3 which is still kinda whack against flash cuz he has multiple hitting moves, he really doesnt have much. flash really does well against all his metered options

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane is free for Flash, lol

Crushes armor with MB LC, fast strings, standing 2, Bane has to respect MB LC on wake up, Flash has as much damage and better KD set ups, and lord forbid he catches Bane on debuff.

7-3 Flash unless it's changed somehow. Doombawkz
Nope, still 7-3. Our only upside is f.2.d.3 is actually only -5 and not punishable, but even that's not enough since his trait is bugged and ignores our reductions.

BoricuaHeat

Kabal and Quan Chi

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Shang Tsung gives us trouble too, he uses our own broken mix ups against us.

Doombawkz Bane versus Flash is just an embarrassing display of balance between the two. Flash has two tools which make Bane suffer throughout the course of battle and those are the charge and trait. Ignoring Armor with charge on wake up isn't bad enough, trait getting Superman shit and ignoring armor is ridiculous and not to mention hes big so, my standing 2 is feared now. Just not fair in my opinion.

7-3 Flash.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
How do you Flash folk feel about Hawkgirl?
I wont run my Bane vs Flash but I have a Hawkgirl and I've ran that match before. Fought my way out the corner and won trades and everything...just curious if it was both of us scrubbing it up or if Hawkgirl has some legit tools that mess with Flash in your opinions.

BoricuaHeat

How do you Flash folk feel about Hawkgirl?
I wont run my Bane vs Flash but I have a Hawkgirl and I've ran that match before. Fought my way out the corner and won trades and everything...just curious if it was both of us scrubbing it up or if Hawkgirl has some legit tools that mess with Flash in your opinions.
I can't really add much to this, usually when I play this match up its a back and forth between who can hit each other from full screen first.

shaowebb

I can't really add much to this, usually when I play this match up its a back and forth between who can hit each other from full screen first.
Sounds about accurate to the match we had. It stayed back and forth. Once one of us started pressure the other had a helluva time ending it.

BoricuaHeat

Sounds about accurate to the match we had. It stayed back and forth. Once one of us started pressure the other had a helluva time ending it.
Does Hawkgirl have any holes in her strings that would make it difficult to pressure Flash?

Considering we get about 50% if we have trait with d1 (7 frames), it would be wise for Mace Woman to be careful with her pressure.

A quick thought, Flash also has to trade pressure with lighting kick(-5) due to it being such a good frame trap tool off his strings. So If Hawkgirl has holes in her strings/pressure I see this match up going back and forth in the future.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
My worst match up is green lantern w/o a doubt. GL can keep flash out the entire match and chip you to death with machine gun. When I get in I need to take the bitch to the corner to have a chance to make a come back. I really hate GL.

shaowebb

Does Hawkgirl have any holes in her strings that would make it difficult to pressure Flash?

Considering we get about 50% if we have trait with d1 (7 frames), it would be wise for Mace Woman to be careful with her pressure.

A quick thought, Flash also has to trade pressure with lighting kick(-5) due to it being such a good frame trap tool off his strings. So If Hawkgirl has holes in her strings/pressure I see this match up going back and forth in the future.
Depends on if you start popping her flight trait to cancel into stuff or not. Plus whether or not you go into something that involves mb or wing evade.

I only know some of her stuff so I'm not certain but her pressure is really really legit. If anyone could punch a hole in between moves it'd be flash but they both move so fast on their pressure and such that it'd be threading a needle if I were to just take a guess at it. I mean wing evade itself can cause whifs not even counting the crazy dodges I've had occur point blanking wing evade into flip kick and then watching her roll over someones back as they fly under her. Its just a crazy match of pressure and gaps that are crazy small and chancey.

We should try to bring in some Hawkgirl frame counters for this one. Someone who abuses her trait cancels and wing evade who can tell us what she has that she cant make safe or not before we try to judge Flash vs Hawkgirl...and even then its probably going to be based on the players.