What's new

General/Other - Tempest What +12 Means to Tempest Lao

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
The difference is shinnok actually got them and even more yet you keep bitching.. Impressive
Well if you actually researched and tested out the nerfs/buffs, his "Brainless" 3/4 screen (Which is - on block without meter let me remind you) Bombs is now only +14 which makes it so that the bad Shinnok players can't get free pressure into mixup, I have to actually work for it from the 3rd ex bomb. Now I'm going to let the Lao dudes continue on with their thread, Stay Free Reptile ;)

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
As a Shinnok main, I'll say that there was a time when he could have needed +24 on block projectiles.

However, in his current form and with the changes that the game had taken he definitely does not need them now.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Can someone compile a list of characters the standing 1 whiffs on while crouch blocking? Because I tried Cassie(without run canceling) and she flipkicked me in the face everytime because her hitbox is so small.

Edit: Just tried, Jax, Ermac, and Scorpion on crouch block. Jax is able to EX Dash Punch out before the string is even complete at times(seems to happen the most between the last 2 and 4), Ermac had a similar issue when I set him to backdash, but it seems to work on Scorpion.

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
Well if you actually researched and tested out the nerfs/buffs, his "Brainless" 3/4 screen (Which is - on block without meter let me remind you) Bombs is now only +14 which makes it so that the bad Shinnok players can't get free pressure into mixup, I have to actually work for it from the 3rd ex bomb. Now I'm going to let the Lao dudes continue on with their thread, Stay Free Reptile ;)
It's weird I can't tell if you're being sarcastic about having to "Work" for it or not.

coolwhip

Noob
Many characters can d1 a standing 1 follow up after ex hat. This needs more extensive testing on all the cast because there still seems to be confusion. Sonic Fox claims everyone can d1, btw.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Many characters can d1 a standing 1 follow up after ex hat. This needs more extensive testing on all the cast because there still seems to be confusion. Sonic Fox claims everyone can d1, btw.
Yeah, there's no universal answer. I've found too many inconsistencies so far.

plus 12 with a 7 frame start up on standing 1 that hits on the 8th frame.

I didn't read all of this thread, just the patch notes. I'm just seeing this as the same pressure being used with a 4 frame window instead of it being really easy with a 19 frame window. No?

I suppose crouching will allow a d1 to come out before the 2nd hit of 11 lands now, so people should be able to time a poke right and get out, so it doesn't totally jail, assuming standing 1 hits high.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Damn Tempest nerfs man, he's so bad now. Guess its time to go back to buzzsaw or maybe... *gasp* learn Hat Trick!!! :eek:

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
So...how are we pressuring with him now, cause I just labbed B321 Ex hat and that is +12, and b3 is 15 frame so there is a 3 frame gap but now they can jab you out of it with a 7 frame or faster normal, like Tanya can D1 and Sub can 1,1 out of it, so what are we using EX hat for now?

haketh

Noob
So...how are we pressuring with him now, cause I just labbed B321 Ex hat and that is +12, and b3 is 15 frame so there is a 3 frame gap but now they can jab you out of it with a 7 frame or faster normal, like Tanya can D1 and Sub can 1,1 out of it, so what are we using EX hat for now?
The only way they could be jabbing you out is if they had a 3 frame jab or if they're using armor

Endeavor

The only way they could be jabbing you out is if they had a 3 frame jab or if they're using armor
See thats what I said, and then I did it continuously with both sub-zero and and Tanya, I also had it done to me as well. I even labbed it. Test it for yourself if you dont belive me.

haketh

Noob
See thats what I said, and then I did it continuously with both sub-zero and and Tanya, I also had it done to me as well. I even labbed it. Test it for yourself if you dont belive me.
I don't need o because that is literally not how frame data works. If you're +12 & you do a 15 frame startup normal theirs only a three frame gap, all you have to worry about are backdashes & armor.

You're doing it too slowly, I just went in the lab and tried it out and B3 after EX Hat Spin stuffs pokes, the only thing the opponent can do is backdash or armor.

Endeavor

You're doing it too slowly, I just went in the lab and tried it out and B3 after EX Hat Spin stuffs pokes, the only thing the opponent can do is backdash or armor.
I'm doing the string as fast as I possibly can. As soon as I do b321 ex hat, I do 1,1 and beat him out. I'll make a video and post to show what I mean.

played a set against my bro last night. 112124 EX hat repeat, he was able to mash D1 as soon as the string ended and hit underneath the followup 11 pretty consistently. If he was standing, obviously a different story because the first 1 wouldn't wiff, but the frame advantage isn't so much that the opponent is still jailed into blocking the 2nd attack of 11 even if crouch blocking. B321 after EX hat still stuffs anything besides armor if it's inputted within the small window you have. EX hat +12, B3 15f startup, hits on 16th frame. I'm not aware of anything that starts up fast enough to counter that.

So yeah, B321 after EX hat seems to be the best choice unless the opponent is standing.

Endeavor

played a set against my bro last night. 112124 EX hat repeat, he was able to mash D1 as soon as the string ended and hit underneath the followup 11 pretty consistently. If he was standing, obviously a different story because the first 1 wouldn't wiff, but the frame advantage isn't so much that the opponent is still jailed into blocking the 2nd attack of 11 even if crouch blocking. B321 after EX hat still stuffs anything besides armor if it's inputted within the small window you have. EX hat +12, B3 15f startup, hits on 16th frame. I'm not aware of anything that starts up fast enough to counter that.

So yeah, B321 after EX hat seems to be the best choice unless the opponent is standing.
Yea it's a really small window, some times I even get D1'd out of B3 but I found that you need to be doing B3 as soon as the EX hat is blocked before it even leaves the screen

biggabarr

chilling
Yea it's a really small window, some times I even get D1'd out of B3 but I found that you need to be doing B3 as soon as the EX hat is blocked before it even leaves the screen
Poke will still hit cause b3 is 15frames on start,while ex hat gives a 11 frame block stun.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

Yeah, but the thing is I've seen a lot of people armor after EX Hat if they expect that B3 follow up.

biggabarr

chilling
Yeah, but the thing is I've seen a lot of people armor after EX Hat if they expect that B3 follow up.
Yep they will cause b321ex hat is not a full Blk string, there is a gap between 1 and ex hat which they will armor, 11212 ex hat has no gap, that is better to do and build meter.