What's new

**WEEK 6** STBL Show questions Thread!!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
what was nrs thinking giving Johnny cage and nightwolf armor moves???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been having trouble fighting Reptile with Johnny Cage lately. I played one yesterday and had kinda a rough time. Very hard to dash block when Reptiles dash is so fast. Combined with forceballs and acid spit it's pretty tough. Also idk if it was just me being slow, but whenever I tried to punish the dash it would just be blocked, although I didn't try an uppercut. Could you do a horizontal kick to punish? Possible to punish with a combo? Any glorious matchup information you can bestow upon me?

Also, any tips fighting Raiden with Cage would be appreciated, I played my first Raiden yesterday and did alright but still got beat. I tried uppercutting after teleports like I read in the Cage MU thread but it usually got stuffed by the standard raiden strings. He'd also teleport out of my 2 1 string pressure a lot, although if you go for a grab it will grab him out of the teleport. I guess if you read he's going to do that you could do a jump back punch into block string or combo if he hits buttons? More Matchup knowledge would be amazing.

Also, I heard that you said recently that you shouldn't even be picking Cage when fighting a Sub Zero player. Will this change once Cage's EX horizontal kick has armor? What would be a good secondary that you might recommend if I'm going to pick one up to fight Cages bad matchups.

I noticed Cage's F+3 eats moves like crazy. I've interrupted things like up shadows from noob with it, and occaisonally even a spin from kung lao. How often should you be mixing F+3/F+3, 2 into your 2 1 string pressure?

Zebster

How's my volume?
Can you list your tier list from #1 to last, including how many fights they win (like how you mentioned your newest tier list has Raiden with 147 wins, go over that with everyone).

What is your favorite MK ending of all time?

What is your least favorite MK ending of all time?

Another Mileena question:

I know Mileena's Back+2 (jumping stab) puts a sai in the opponent's back and adds damage to her Neckbite move.

Is there any use for her forward+2 Stab or Back+2 stab putting the sai in their stomach?

SyXX

Yolo is Power
Great show guys! I've learned so much from listening!

Being pretty new to fighters in general, could you give me some tips to practicing hit confirming on MK9 such as the Sub 2,2 canceling into freeze or clone? I'm not sure if I'm understanding this concept completely.

Also, hows the android/iphone guide coming?

zee

Icy
Sub-Zero's "22 (pause) 22" spam seems to have long enough recovery that it can be easily punished, especially in a long match-up where your opponent starts to expect it. What else should you be mixing it up with to stay unpredictable, besides the 224 clone or the very rare 22 slide?

With all these characters getting armored EX moves, how do you feel about an armored EX-Slide for Sub-Zero?!

Against Smoke, if a regular or EX-Slide completely whiffs, Sub Zero is in recovery at the other end of the screen for enough time that he will be smoke-bombed him into a meaty juggle, guaranteed. Same goes for a blocked slide. What's your advised strategy; never slide against Smoke?

S1lent1 and Tom, your stream is absolutely amazing and you have my full support and respect. Though, is there any chance of some high level casuals to be posted? IMO it's the best way for us to learn, outside of the limited MK9 tournament footage out there.

Congrats to Tom for his mind-blowing performance at CEO, can't wait to see more of what you do with Sub!