What's new

**WEEK 6** STBL Show questions Thread!!

S1LENT1

Shadow Priest
**WEEK 6** STBL Show questions Thread!!

http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1
Hello everyone... thank you all for watching and making each episode a success.

** DUE TO NEXT WEEKEND TOURNAMENT** Week 5's show will be next MONDAY June 13th. We are going to schedule to start at 7pm pacific, 10pm eastern again.

Please post all your questions here to make it easier for us to find during the show. Also keep the character specific questions related to the 3 characters listed below. General questions are always welcome... Thanks

Week 6 character Lineup:
1. Stryker
2. Sindel
3. Mileena

Order of events:
1. Coverage of all question threads (mku/tym/srk)
2. Character specific strategy and tips with live or previously recorded game play
3. Open questions from our live viewers.

Zebster

How's my volume?
What would you say is/are Mileena's best(biggest?) strength(s)?

Are mixups a big part of her game?

In your opinion, do you think she should get any buffs or nerfs?

Could you show off some of your Mileena skills at a tournament?

Yo, Appreciate all the effort you guys put in to this show. Very helpful information.

For Mileena:

1. What do you think are Mileena's best advantage setups/strings to maintain pressure in close?

2. Do you agree that the only reasons to burn meter are the EX Teleport Kick and using Breakers?

3. In your opinion, what kinds of tactics does Mileena have the hardest time dealing with?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Hello Bill and Silent, hope the day is going good for you two, so my questions.

QUESTION 1 ~ sadly it looks like the rumored 2,1 ~ scream combo and after pop up b+3 scream didnt come to fruition in the recent patch update. do you know whythe mk team changed their minds on this? its something we all knew she needed and yet they didnt add it..

QUESTION 2 ~

do you know why in training mode when you set the AI to perform wake up attacks, why do they wake up with the :en version instead of the normal version? they dont use meter when they wake up.. this is kind of annoying since this is currently the best way to learn how to punish special moves, but when we're just facing the :en version we cant actually learn to punish the standard version of the special..
is this just a glitch in training mode?

QUESTION 3 ~ why do SINDEL & scorpion gets punished because Their foe dont know how to block? in this vid you can see an example of this. if i connect a spear then do a teleport into another spear, that 2nd spear will knock the foe to the ground.. however that second spear can be blocked so why is scorpion not able to combo when his foe clearly is able to block but didnt.

QUESTION 4 ~ what was nrs thinking giving Johnny cage and nightwolf armor moves??? this definitely makes it tough for a Sindel, Stryker, quan chi and noob to be able to compete vs the S-tier now, especially stryker and sindel...

QUESTION 5 ~ why is their no :en Version of the levitate? since armor moves are being handed out like lolly pops, the ONE special that could actually use some armor, a move that doesnt have an :en version would be the levitate In my opinion, so an :en Levitate that has armor on the frames it takes to fly into the air.

************IGNORE ALL MY OTHER POSTS IN THIS THREAD.. thanks for the answers*************

Zebster

How's my volume?
random question.. Bill ~ do you know why in training mode when you set the AI to perform wake up attacks, why do they wake up with the :en version instead of the normal version? they dont use meter when they wake up.. this is kind of annoying since this is currently the best way to learn how to punish special moves, but when we're just facing the :en version we cant actually learn to punish the standard version of the special..

is this just a glitch in training mode?
I'd assume that it's because when they do wakeup attacks, they use the ones with invincibility, and the :en version of the special might be the one with invincibility

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'd assume that it's because when they do wakeup attacks, they use the ones with invincibility, and the :en version of the special might be the one with invincibility
nope, regular wake ups already have the invincibility frames.. :en versions of specials for some characters come out faster.

nope, regular wake ups already have the invincibility frames.. :en versions of specials for some characters come out faster.
Can't you just put the meter to normal instead of full. This would stop some of the :en moves because they have no meter.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Mileena questions:

1. What changes would you make to Mileena if you had a chance or choice?

2. You haven't updated your Mileena guide since the demo. Is there any chance of you doing so?

Stryker questions:

1. What changes would you make to Stryker if you had a chance or choice?

2. Why isn't the 2nd hit of B+1,2,2 not overhead?

3. Is there any real reason why Baton Sweep isn't comboable considering it does less damage than Stryker's sweep?

4. How do you feel about Stryker grenades. Especially the enhanced versions being the same in trajectory and doing such low damage at the cost of meter?

Sindel Questions:

1. Who is Sindel's Worst match up, and what would her best chance against them be?

2. Does NRS plan on revamping her Levitate system to some how to make it more useful? (i.e Faster and More Maneuverable, or more Damage from her Fireballs while in Flight Mode?)

3. Which wakeup attack would you say is more useful for Sindel, and does she have Armor on her Flip Kick and Levitate out of wakeup? It says so in your guide but I have never seen this to be true.

REO

Undead
Since Sonya and Kabal's D+4 into military stance / spin was removed, will Sindel's D+4 into levitation be removed as well? She can cancel into D+4~levitation repeatedly and do rediculous pressure the former two could. If it's not being removed, then why? Because no one can do it, yet?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Vulcan Hades said:
I don't get it, what's the glitch in that video?

edit: oh yeah when you try to wake up ball and it does choke.
no, im not even trying to wake up attack, im just trying to wake up. im not touching :fp at all and yet the :en choke is coming out making me waste meter.

Since Sonya and Kabal's D+4 into military stance / spin was removed, will Sindel's D+4 into levitation be removed as well? She can cancel into D+4~levitation repeatedly and do rediculous pressure the former two could. If it's not being removed, then why? Because no one can do it, yet?
can you make a video of this? this is something i cant perform on my sticks so id like to see how this is as fucked up as sonya and kabal, since sindels levitation doesnt move foward it just cancels push back.

General question:
I'm sick and tired of dropping combos because of the shitty input system.

When, for example. I'm doing the back 312 liu kang combo and dash forward, sometimes the game registers flying kick at the end. This breaks the combo and causes me to drop it.

Are they ever going to address this?

Zebster

How's my volume?
So how good is Hector Sanchez at the game, and can anyone on the development team body you?

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
as a siindel main....i am familiar with zoning characters quite well and sindel fits my style. I was wondering what sindels best punishers and best combos including yell for the times when we need to be offensive. I don't have a hard time landing yell from juggles off or online but im thinking i can do more that b+3, f+2, dash 3,1 yell...jump in punch b+1,2 dash 1,1,1 step up or hair whip. Thanks!!

Zebster

How's my volume?
1. Besides yourself, who would you say was the best of the beta testers?

2. During beta testing what was the first glitch you found? What was the first infinite?

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
I've heard rumors of an infinite with Stryker. Is this true or am I being trolled? If it is true is NRS also going to be addressing it in a coming patch?

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
Love the show.

Which matchups should Stryker rush down as opposed to zone?
(ie. Kung Lao, Noob Saibot, Kabal, Ermac, Shang Tsung)

Does Stryker have any safe on block strings?

Is there a better poke for Stryker than down 1?

Should standing 3 be used to end combos like Johnny Cages nut punch or more as a reset for the stagger into another setup?

Now that his Xray isn't punishable by wakeup is it good or would you rather save for breakers with Stryker?

I seem to struggle against good Kabals, should I be trying to rushdown or trade projectiles against him?

How do I punish Kano up ball?

What do I do against good Liu Kangs that do low fireballs all day and blow me up in mixups?

Is there any hope for the Noob Saibot matchup?

General:

1. Do you think balance is overrated in fighting games?

2. Which game is more balanced right now? MK9, MvC3 or SSF4 AE?

3. What are the really REALLY bad matchups of MK9? (I'm talking 0-10, 2-8 and 3-7s)

4. Could you explain how air to air works in this game? Like who gets priority when the two players do a jump kick/punch? Is it the player who jumps first? The player who attacks first?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I've heard rumors of an infinite with Stryker. Is this true or am I being trolled? If it is true is NRS also going to be addressing it in the coming patch?
Well I hope this not because of what I replied to Dancock when he said he was gonna use the sindel infinite if the patch didn't come out lol. I was trolling (I think that's what people call it this days)

Edit: if stryker had an infinite I'm pretty sure Vulcan would've found it by now lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DanCock

Cock Master!!
bill ~ sadly it looks like the rumored 2,1 ~ scream combo and after pop up b+3 scream didnt come to fruition in the recent patch update. do you know whythe mk team changed their minds on this? its something we all knew she needed and yet they didnt add it..

SZSR

Noob
bill ~ sadly it looks like the rumored 2,1 ~ scream combo and after pop up b+3 scream didnt come to fruition in the recent patch update. do you know whythe mk team changed their minds on this? its something we all knew she needed and yet they didnt add it..
QFT. I'm not a Sindel fan but they should follow up on a promise.

Also, are they gonna be changing Smoke soon, because he seems fine now.