What's new

We really need Cyrax and Sektor in this game

mattteo

Noob
Honestly not having the robots in any MK game is a crime
How many MK games have the robots that you say that? They were in MK3 in 1995, which was a cyborg B-movies dominated era in the 1990s. They were in the MK Gold variant of MK4, but not in the main game. Cyrax was in Deadly Alliance in his quest with Nitara and later Sektor was added too. These times were still early 2000s or 1990s.

Of course, everyone was in Armageddon. Then they were in MK9 who brought everyone back. And it was Triborg made from Cyrax and Sektor in MKX. That's 5 and a half (counting MK Gold) main games out of 11. Half. Wrong to say that it's not Mortal Kombat without the robots.

How many MK games have the robots that you say that? They were in MK3 in 1995, which was a cyborg B-movies dominated era in the 1990s. They were in the MK Gold variant of MK4, but not in the main game. Cyrax was in Deadly Alliance in his quest with Nitara and later Sektor was added too. These times were still early 2000s or 1990s.

Of course, everyone was in Armageddon. Then they were in MK9 who brought everyone back. And it was Triborg made from Cyrax and Sektor in MKX. That's 5 and a half (counting MK Gold) main games out of 11. Half. Wrong to say that it's not Mortal Kombat without the robots.
It's MORE mortal kombat with the cyborgs included ;)

They're outdated. A 90s B-movies thing.
The more i understand MK, the more I see every character ever created was a gimmick of their respective Era. Might be outdated indeed, at the same vein Taven and Daegon look like "2006 nu metal" (as another user nailed in another thread).

The trilogy cast is just more important. As every other franchise with its core, first characters.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
They're outdated. A 90s B-movies thing.
Please tell me your being sarcastic here.

I have no issue with the guest characters, but ALMOST ALL OF THEM are outdated 90's characters.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love Predator, Jason, Leatherface, Alien, Freddy, Robocop, Spawn and Terminator....but did you think about what you said before you posted that?

Saying the Cyborgs aren't in MK11 because they're "outdated 90's characters" is absolutely absurd.

mattteo

Noob
I didn't say I liked any of the guest charcaters you listed, but again: Ketchup and Mustard are not on the same level as Terminator as cyborgs. That's an 80s concept that has had new development (even though bad movies)- the terminator has become a liquid something thing that can't be destroyed in Terminator 2 and from there on all these versions of a cyborgs.

But Sektor and Cyrax can't get that development. They're just made of metal skeleton. So they're basically Robocop- who is also a bad choice.

Now if you want to tell me that Sektor finds a way to make himself out of liquid metal pollyalloy, then I'm all on board.

But then again...that's not why you like the cyborgs, is it? you just like the metal versions of them.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I didn't say I liked any of the guest charcaters you listed, but again: Ketchup and Mustard are not on the same level as Terminator as cyborgs. That's an 80s concept that has had new development (even though bad movies)- the terminator has become a liquid something thing that can't be destroyed in Terminator 2 and from there on all these versions of a cyborgs.

But Sektor and Cyrax can't get that development. They're just made of metal skeleton. So they're basically Robocop- who is also a bad choice.

Now if you want to tell me that Sektor finds a way to make himself out of liquid metal pollyalloy, then I'm all on board.

But then again...that's not why you like the cyborgs, is it? you just like the metal versions of them.
What a weird argument...

So Terminator - a boring as fuck design - is better than two cyborgs with a long legacy in the series (with a way more varied moveset also), purely because he is a 'liquid something thing'. Wut.

Doesn't change the fact that Terminator is a stale franchise, and goes directly against your point of 'B-movies'.

???????????

Sektor & Cyrax have been in the games since MK3 and should be a mainstay in the series.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
the terminator has become a liquid something thing that can't be destroyed in Terminator 2 and from there on all these versions of a cyborgs.

The liquid-metal T-1000 actually was destroyed at the end of T2 when he fell into a vat of molten metal and disintegrated. And that's not the version we got in MK11, anyway, which is the T-800 model from the first two movies; fake skin over a metal skeleton.