What's new

We really need Cyrax and Sektor in this game

I miss cool Cyrax set ups. I wish he played like Lex Luther from Inj1, with tons of crazy set ups but no real resets like MK9. MKX was a step in the right direction. If he got the MK11 treatment tho lets be honest bombs would hit high, be minus on block, and send the opponent full screen with tons of recovery for no combo follow ups...He'd look cool tho.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Here's what will actually happen...

Remember what they did with Alien in MKX? He had a Tarkatan variation. I can't remember if there was even a story behind it, but whatever.

Robocop appears to be in the expansion story. Why? Who fucking knows. It will seem more forced than when he appeared at WCW Capitol Combat '90 (see video below and fast forward to 1:30).

Anyway, my point is that if he's in the story, he will likely be "re-programmed" to somehow have Cyrax and/or Sektor's moveset in one of his variations. Who wants this? No one, but that's probably what we will be getting.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main

Remember what they did with Alien in MKX? He had a Tarkatan variation. I can't remember if there was even a story behind it, but whatever.

Robocop appears to be in the expansion story. Why? Who fucking knows. It will seem more forced than when he appeared at WCW Capitol Combat '90 (see video below and fast forward to 1:30).

Anyway, my point is that if he's in the story, he will likely be "re-programmed" to somehow have Cyrax and/or Sektor's moveset in one of his variations. Who wants this? No one, but that's probably what we will be getting.

Clever boi, this is what i exactly thought before. Seems possible because this is NRS, always love to ruin something.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It doesn't sound like it based on his initial description. The most similar move they've mentioned is his flamethrower. A riot shield isn't like anything they've had, and a shoulder cannon will most likely be more similar to Predator than to the cyborgs.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
OMG maybe Grizzly is onto something. What if Robocop has a fire, gadgets and traps, and ice variations? Imagine?

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It doesn't sound like it based on his initial description. The most similar move they've mentioned is his flamethrower. A riot shield isn't like anything they've had, and a shoulder cannon will most likely be more similar to Predator than to the cyborgs.
Keep in mind that he will have 3 variations (possibly 4 if they add another variation with this expansion). It's very possible he has a base Robocop variation with his guns, riot shield and flamethrower and then 2 others based on Sektor and Cyrax.

All just speculation. I'm having a hard time picturing how he will fit into a fighting game. Terminator looks super out of place. Aside from how good Spawn looks, the guest characters in MK11 have been a MASSIVE disappointment compared to how fucking amazing they all were in MKX.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Keep in mind that he will have 3 variations (possibly 4 if they add another variation with this expansion). It's very possible he has a base Robocop variation with his guns, riot shield and flamethrower and then 2 others based on Sektor and Cyrax.

All just speculation. I'm having a hard time picturing how he will fit into a fighting game. Terminator looks super out of place. Aside from how good Spawn looks, the guest characters in MK11 have been a MASSIVE disappointment compared to how fucking amazing they all were in MKX.
For sure. I'm already worried he was slapped together by someone who didn't give a shit, like they did with Terminator. His leg holster is on the wrong side and his voice is way off (even though they got Peter Weller to do it, so not sure how they fucked that up). I'm holding out hope that he'll feel like I'm playing RoboCop and that he's not just an empty cash grab, but so far NRS hasn't given me much of a reason to believe they handled him correctly.

Mr.Khen

I am you
They ain't blind, they just can't please everyone. And they're trying to add characters who haven't been playable in a while would be my guess.
Half blind.. looking the other way kind of blind, they want to add characters they feel passionate making,
according to Daanish Syed . It's like they were so excited to bring us Terminator only to give him MKX Jason's
Variations in copy paste. I think if Robocop will have Sketor and Cyrax moves people will rage even more.
Like, their models are already in the games....

Last edited:

I was so hyped for this as a ten year old wrestling fan. It built up for weeks. Then he doesn’t do a damned thing. So disappointed.

Espio

Kokomo
Sektor and Cyrax I would support as a free DLC pack or something. I love MK3 characters so the more the merrier and add Stryker to complete the circle.

Every character from MK1 and MK2 should be on the base roster of every MK, unless there's a good reason.
I would love if Baraka and Jade were playable every game. It would certainly make things a lot easier for me instead of always wondering and having to character hop.

I'd like to see the whole Trilogy roster be more constants in general though.