What's new

We now know what "RAGE" is...

dubson

Noob
"The Midway developed title has one new addition we hadn't seen in previous hands-on time with the game. The Games Convention build of MK vs. DCU features a new "Rage" meter, just below the health bars. It will fill as you take damage, building up in two parts. When the meter is full, pulling the left trigger (or is it both triggers?) will make your character "power up", emitting a small burst of energy and giving him or her a golden glow. The Rage meter will slow deplete, giving your attacks a bit more oomph — but not something we really noticed. We'll ask Midway for further details on how that affects gameplay."

ZAQ

Noob
What happens when Superman uses the rage meter?

Is that like a uber duber kamehameha?

Uh... yeah, it's a bit of a coincidence that they're naming it "rage" like Tekken 6's somewhat similar system. That one basically works out when your health is low, then you can activate it (the character will be surrounded by a red glow and the health bar will flicker much like TTT's netsu).

MK's sounds fairly tame, but the T6 one actually adds damage by a ridiculous amount (at least going by the first revision)

dreemernj

Ambassador
It sounds a little more interesting from that video. The meter is how you do combo breakers, that makes sense. At first Rage mode kinda reminded me of K groove from CvS2, but according to this, once you enter rage mode, you basically no-sell hits. Being a fan of no-selling moves, I approve.

EDIT: I wouldn't approve if it really does auto activate or if the meter fills too easily. No-selling is fun in small portions only.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
no-selling moves means are ones that are uninterruptible?

dreemernj

Ambassador
No-selling is when someone hits you with an attack and you don't react. It sounds like the character will still take some damage, but hitting them with an attack won't stop them from attacking you.

No-selling + higher damage + increased chip damage (one guy said chip damage is 50% full damage in rage mode?)

All that and it lasts for 6 seconds?!?!? That seems like a long time.

well if they aren't going to put running into the main gameplay they should atleast allow you to run at your appoints in rage mode.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Where did it say that they aren't going to include running into the main gameplay?

No-selling is when someone hits you with an attack and you don't react. It sounds like the character will still take some damage, but hitting them with an attack won't stop them from attacking you.

No-selling + higher damage + increased chip damage (one guy said chip damage is 50% full damage in rage mode?)

All that and it lasts for 6 seconds?!?!? That seems like a long time.
watch the vid when he is in rage mode it doesnt do that much more damage

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
instead of a rage meter I think they should have a 'KRAZY' meter where every move glitch cancels itself and does uber insane amounts of damage.

that or a naked meter... basically the more damage the opponent takes more shredded their clothes get until they're left in their underwear (applies to female fighters only)

Azuro

Noob
instead of a rage meter I think they should have a 'KRAZY' meter where every move glitch cancels itself and does uber insane amounts of damage.

that or a naked meter... basically the more damage the opponent takes more shredded their clothes get until they're left in their underwear (applies to female fighters only)
Lol

And true that, X820. The potentials of it turning out a disaster, though, are huge.