What's new

Breakthrough - Takeda We made it. (10/3/2016) patch notes for Takeda

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
What I don't get is why was the block advantage of f122+4 nerfed. It's not like it was good before hand.
Nerfing the block advantage also nerfs the block cancel advantage so it might not jail into something it used to jail into before or certain cancels from it are less plus now like for example F122+4~blade drop with Ronin.
ALERT BOYS

f122+4 xx close kunai now has a gap. No longer a true block string! Pressure meta has change
Buuuuuuutttttt it seems you already found that out lol

Lol what? I think you might be over reacting, you just have to slightly adjust your play. Not to mention sr you STILL have the hard to blockable. technically lasher has it too but it was never really useful to us, but you still have you tele cancels from f12 2+4, the f12 stagger into grab etc. pretty much only thing that was changed was damage scalingAlso lasher is still 100% in tact. Don't know what you are talking about heavily affected all variations, hell it didn't really affect lasher at all
*cough*The HTB lead to a hard knockdown and is loopable too in Lasher *cough*

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
*cough*The HTB lead to a hard knockdown and is loopable too in Lasher *cough*
It is but I would rather save my meter for other things. I get no damage and it is VERY resource intensive, it is good for occasionally closing out games but it definitely isn't something to be relied upon for lasher

6ixty9

Noob
As someone who is only just returning to the game now that PC is viable again, can someone give me a tldr of the notes. I understand the changes but as I don't have the competitive experience (non existent on PC previously) I don't fully understand what this will mean. He seems fine, I'll still play him but are there certain things I shouldn't be doing now?

Do I need to change my game plan etc?

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
As someone who is only just returning to the game now that PC is viable again, can someone give me a tldr of the notes. I understand the changes but as I don't have the competitive experience (non existent on PC previously) I don't fully understand what this will mean. He seems fine, I'll still play him but are there certain things I shouldn't be doing now?

Do I need to change my game plan etc?
Well what's the point of learning what the game used to be?

Everything has changed now and I do not think the game has a subtle ground on how it plays yet because it's too early to tell.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
After trying a few rounds with Ronin, other than the ridiculously slow b2 now and the lack of guaranteed pressure, he's fine. It'll take a little getting used to but I think I'm ok with the changes.

st9rm

viennality.com
have only been playing ~15 minutes, but this is what i can say about SR takeda:

- ex bf2 is still awfully bad and can be armor broken easily
- why is his fastest punisher still 9f (s1), while tremor gehts a 6f advancing string?
- ex kunai being +1 & the close kunai having a gap again, doesn't help either,
- slowing down his b2 makes no sense either

all in all, the nerf bat hit takeda really hard, time to adapt i guess..

I don't agree with the slowness whilst others have quicker stuff. His d3 and d4 are slow as well. Can't we just get 1 string where we can have a 7 or 8 frame starter... What I didn't agree with was the big leg taking a hit and the armour removal on the tele strike. I suppose all got hits like this but oh well, still seems fine to me over all. Had about an hour in practice and just the slight adjustments need working on like starting that flurry move then ex'ing and the delayed wake up thing.
Edit: was supposed to quote st9rm with his Takeda tears post in this post.

Sorry not sure if this has already been mentioned, but does it still jail into kunai?
Yeah it does but they can armour through it which It when the close kunai comes out. Think I may just use kunai for the hell of it after the first hit of the 2+4 and just mind game it if they're looking for the full string. To be honest I always thought that it always had a gap in it hence why I didn't pressure using the F122+4 into kunai, that's just me being a crappy Takeda!

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Just came back from vaca.. ;)
Looking forward to hopping on this week and seeing these great changes... :DOGE

Side note: @Red Raptor posted a nice quick vid of the changes for those who prefer visual aides:

Last edited:
Just came back from vaca.. ;)
Looking forward to hopping on this week and seeing these great changes... :DOGE

Side note: @Red Raptor posted a nice quick vid of the changes for those who prefer visual aides:

If you do the normal flurry then press ex it is still one bar for the launch. Two when you armour out with the launch. Same thing with the wake up.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
It just feels like NRS just reversed alot of the changes they had made for over a year for takeda...

Just tested and only b21 at max range and whiffed f1 into 2+4 are safe against reptile's ex slide when tele cancelled. F12 2+4, b21, b3, f21, 33, and b11 are safe against his 8 frame dash. And can actually be cancelled into delay tele to avoid the reversal anyway

Last edited:
Just tested and only b21 at max range and whiffed f1 into 2+4 are safe against reptile's ex slide when tele cancelled. F12 2+4, b21, b3, f21, 33, and b11 are safe against his 8 frame dash. And can actually be cancelled into delay tele to avoid the reversal anyway
When I have a chance I want to have a look at that in practice. Some of those strings have high startup... It's the f122+4 bit you posted is what's interesting.

Kripplin

cat-o'-nine-tails
i dont know maybe this is just a common knowledge, but i found it odd that in a combo if you do say 112 bf2 then enhance it , you still get the launch for 1 bar.