What's new

Breakthrough - Takeda We made it. (10/3/2016) patch notes for Takeda

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Pretty sure an increase in scaling means less damage...
but the increases could mean to compensate for no Armor launchers they get a small buff. like certain moves have more damage, which they did across the board, they may have made Damage scaling harder, but all in all it has increases to compensate which imo is a buff.

i dont know maybe this is just a common knowledge, but i found it odd that in a combo if you do say 112 bf2 then enhance it , you still get the launch for 1 bar.
I've mentioned it here and there. Only on wake ups or when you armour out that's when you need 2 bars for the launch. Bf2 then press ex is just one bar and it launches.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
but the increases could mean to compensate for no Armor launchers they get a small buff. like certain moves have more damage, which they did across the board, they may have made Damage scaling harder, but all in all it has increases to compensate which imo is a buff.
The increase is not referring to damage, it is referring to scaling. People aren't misunderstanding, It's just a nerf.

st9rm

viennality.com
is it just me, or did they nerf his d2 aswell?
it seems a lot slower in terms of startup + recovery

i dont know maybe this is just a common knowledge, but i found it odd that in a combo if you do say 112 bf2 then enhance it , you still get the launch for 1 bar.
I have mentioned it before. Only on wake up and armouring through is when you need two bar to launch. On its own as you say for the 112 bf2 then it's one bar. You have to to so the bf2 then press ex button then it uses the 1 bar and launches.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
So what I'm getting from this is that lasher was the only one to get out relatively unaffected with his gameplan and strategies staying exactly the same, so he is now takedas best variation. Lasherboyzftw
Yeah you're almost right. The other variations still get more meterless punish damage though :DOGE

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Initial thoughts:

General:
F12 2+4 close kunai no longer a true block string sucks... (bye pressure.. Hello armor into me at all times)

F4 nerf sucks (more bye bye free pressure)

Tri Kunai blockstun reduction eliminates some pressure we were used to... Not a game changer as of yet Imo ... (Noticing a trend? bye bye bye more pressure)

Removing armor on his Tornado Strike leaves room to be desired... Armor on his overhead was a good way to catch opponents off guard and avoid corner pressure or to catch zoners off guard if they were spamming projectiles (amongst other uses)..

Lasher:
Keeping armor on the low hitting Flip Trip would've been great as it gave us better options to keep the opponent guessing... This mixed with removing his armor on his overhead Tornado Strike means we solely have to rely on EX mids to exchange blows...

Shirai Ryu:
Armor on Phase wakeup will be missed but this is across the board no? If so not too bad.

Ronin:
I honestly can't see myself wanting to use this character in the previous MU's I would have normally done so... The reason for me using him was his quick cancels into pressure which stemmed from his B1 and B2 options that blind people can now see from a mile away...

Conclusion:
Update made no alterations to my game plan with Lasher outside of the universal game changes that were made across the board...

SR doesn't feel as bad as people are making him out to be... I do get how losing pressure because of no true block string and block stun reductions from ex kunais can pose issues but I feel we can adjust around those limitations... Will continue using him in the same match ups as I have before without any issues...

Last edited:
Update made no alterations to my game plan with Lasher outside of the universal game changes that were made across the board...
One thing I noticed is the extra frame on b2 makes his bnb with b2 kunai have a different timing I dropped it a few times and wasn't sure if you could still do it tillbI saw Tak land it

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
I definitely support the removal of armored launchers. However, the fact that fist flurry is too slow and still gets armor broken so easily is laughable. 2 hits of armor but the move is too slow and the armor doesn't last long enough to absorb the second hit lol.

One thing I noticed is the extra frame on b2 makes his bnb with b2 kunai have a different timing I dropped it a few times and wasn't sure if you could still do it tillbI saw Tak land it
After playing today I realised it is now even easier to do because you don't need to delay the b2 at all lol. Talking about starter xx bf2 mb, b2 xx kunai, f21 xx ender

I definitely support the removal of armored launchers. However, the fact that fist flurry is too slow and still gets armor broken so easily is laughable. 2 hits of armor but the move is too slow and the armor doesn't last long enough to absorb the second hit lol.
Yeah it's ass but it always has been. Now lasher is the way to go if you need armor. Ex df1 is really good