What's new

WCG Announces Fighter Club Summer 2011 Featuring Mortal Kombat

Free Tournament!

By popular demand, WCG Fighter Club is back at the Samsung Experience in New York City July 23 - 24. Join us for a weekend of featured bouts in Mortal Kombat on Xbox 360. With $2,000 in cash on the line, be sure to sign up and secure your spot in the most intense, action packed, weekend of fighters in NYC!

What: WCG Fighter Summer 2011 - Mortal Kombat Main and Undercard Tournaments
Where: The Samsung Experience in New York City
When: Saturday & Sunday, July 23rd - 24th

Mortal Kombat Main Event (Saturday & Sunday)

1st place – $850
2nd place – $400
3rd place – $250

Mortal Kombat Undercard Event (Sunday only)

1st place – $250
2nd place – $150
3rd place – $100

For full event details and registration, visit the official WCG Fighter Club event site at http://us.wcg.com/fighterclub. Don't hesitate, spots are limited!

Sabin

Elder God
Yes I do have some questions. Who will be running this event? Is Shag (Trevor Vanterpool) taking charge of the WCG event again? That would be a good look for sure. He's an OG that is part of the community that always looks out for the players.

Secondly, what monitor will this be played on? I know it is at the Samsung Experience. I've played a few tourneys there before. There are consistently problems at Samsung events with input delay and what not. A lot of the monitors in the store do lag. I'm not really trying to put Samsung on blast because it was a FREE tourney (for their past events) with guaranteed pot bonus, so theres nothing really to complain about. But for future tourneys of course I'd like to see this problem alleviated.

Looking forward to your reply and thanks!

DrDogg

Noob
It would be nice if WCG actually provides more than a few weeks notice of these things. This time it's 3 weeks, last year was 2 weeks (IIRC) and the first year was only a couple weeks notice.

For people in NY or in the northeast, short notice isn't that big of an issue. But for anyone else, you need way more than 3 weeks notice to get time off of work and make travel/lodging arrangements.

Yes I do have some questions. Who will be running this event? Is Shag (Trevor Vanterpool) taking charge of the WCG event again? That would be a good look for sure. He's an OG that is part of the community that always looks out for the players.

Secondly, what monitor will this be played on? I know it is at the Samsung Experience. I've played a few tourneys there before. There are consistently problems at Samsung events with input delay and what not. A lot of the monitors in the store do lag. I'm not really trying to put Samsung on blast because it was a FREE tourney (for their past events) with guaranteed pot bonus, so theres nothing really to complain about. But for future tourneys of course I'd like to see this problem alleviated.

Looking forward to your reply and thanks!
As of now, I'm not sure if Trevor will be participating with us in this tournament. He is well respected around the fighting community in which I understand.

As for the monitors, as you already know, WCG is the main sponsor for this tournament. So we will be using the same monitors again. I understand from previous tournament that there was some issue with lag, but we are trying to troubleshoot the problem with different cables.

Once again, this is a free tournament. WCG has always been promoting free prize pool tournaments. This is a chance for the community to gather, compete and have fun at the same time.

DrDogg

Noob
As of now, I'm not sure if Trevor will be participating with us in this tournament. He is well respected around the fighting community in which I understand.

As for the monitors, as you already know, WCG is the main sponsor for this tournament. So we will be using the same monitors again. I understand from previous tournament that there was some issue with lag, but we are trying to troubleshoot the problem with different cables.

Once again, this is a free tournament. WCG has always been promoting free prize pool tournaments. This is a chance for the community to gather, compete and have fun at the same time.
No offense to Samsung, but my experience with most Samsung HD monitors is that they lag no matter which input/cables you use.

I certainly appreciate everything WCG has done for the community these last 6-7 years, but if you want the tournament to be taken seriously, you need to resolve the lag issues. It's been a problem for as long as I can remember, even back at the 2005 World Finals.

I appreciate your compliments and judgements. Like I said, we are trying to resolve this issue. As of are we ever going to switch over to a different brand monitor? It will never happen and long as Samsung is our Official Sponsor.

Sabin

Elder God

yo they have to have a lag free monitor in the store or soemthign i just know it. Actually, now that I think about it..

(old wcg match of me vs justin from one of their sf4 tourneys)
from what i remember, that specific model/setup was working fine, which setup did they use? I was playing on a CRT at the time I attended that tourney and was able to land most of that stuff no problem

since i play seth in that game, tight execution really matters, so if im playing on a laggy tv, hes unplayable but i remember having no problems at that specific tourney.
2nd sf4 tourney i went to, switched tvs so there were some problems with lag, obviously since it was free, we were happy to play and still had fun at the event.

Or if you could have someone local like me come out and test your setup before the event, that would be great too.

Thanks for your fast replies! Regardless of what happens I'll be at this playing MK anyway so I want it to run smoothly like everyone else :)

yo they have to have a lag free monitor in the store or soemthign i just know it. Actually, now that I think about it..

(old wcg match of me vs justin from one of their sf4 tourneys)
from what i remember, that specific model/setup was working fine, which setup did they use? I was playing on a CRT at the time I attended that tourney and was able to land most of that stuff no problem

since i play seth in that game, tight execution really matters, so if im playing on a laggy tv, hes unplayable but i remember having no problems at that specific tourney.
2nd sf4 tourney i went to, switched tvs so there were some problems with lag, obviously since it was free, we were happy to play and still had fun at the event.

Or if you could have someone local like me come out and test your setup before the event, that would be great too.

Thanks for your fast replies! Regardless of what happens I'll be at this playing MK anyway so I want it to run smoothly like everyone else :)
I could possibly set up a day where I can have few of you to come in and test it out. But like I said before, we are working on the issue. We will keep in touch on this specific forum and will keep you guys updated...

Sabin

Elder God
Another question I have is, are we allowed to register for both the undercard and main event?
paid an registered for the main event but i want to enter the undercard tourney as well :)

Also, what system will this be on? PS3? XBOX? Considering its WCG I am def expecting xbox.

DrDogg

Noob
If it's run on Xbox, then the next question is whether or not the game will be connected to the internet. As far as I know, NRS hasn't corrected the hotfix issue where it doesn't save to the 360 hard drive.

Another question I have is, are we allowed to register for both the undercard and main event?
paid an registered for the main event but i want to enter the undercard tourney as well :)

Also, what system will this be on? PS3? XBOX? Considering its WCG I am def expecting xbox.
As of now, yes you can register for both tournaments. We are really generous with letting participants signing up for both cards as always. As long it doesn't interfere with each other it's fine. You will see meet me at the tournament. So just let me know you are participating both cards. And this game will be featured on the XBOX 360.

If it's run on Xbox, then the next question is whether or not the game will be connected to the internet. As far as I know, NRS hasn't corrected the hotfix issue where it doesn't save to the 360 hard drive.
This game will be on the XBOX 360 and it will not run off the internet.

DrDogg

Noob
This game will be on the XBOX 360 and it will not run off the internet.
It's not about running the game off the internet. There's an issue in which the Xbox version of the game doesn't save the hotfix updates. So if you're playing on the Xbox version, if the Xbox is not connected to the internet, you won't have access to the most recent hotfix update.

For example, if there's a hotfix update tomorrow that fixes/changes the game, and no official patch is released before the tournament, then you would have to have the Xbox connected to the internet to play the most recent version of the game. If the Xbox is not connected then you'd be playing an outdated version.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The Xbox hotfix problem has been fixed. Once it's updated to the latest version, it will remain offline.

Sabin

Elder God
As of now, yes you can register for both tournaments. We are really generous with letting participants signing up for both cards as always. As long it doesn't interfere with each other it's fine. You will see meet me at the tournament. So just let me know you are participating both cards. And this game will be featured on the XBOX 360.
How can I register for both? It only let me register once on the site.

edit: just read over your statement again. i cant read. DUHHH

MLP715

Noob
how can i register and if im not able to will it be possible to register the day of the event also will it be open to just play casuals for the people that werent able to compete or get eliminated early