What's new

Question Was This Known? Speed dodge trait cancel.

was this known or was this just ninja patched in or something? do i have amnesia or am i forgetting that you could already do this? idk but now with the RMS upgrade, his dash speed and this, you can't zone this character. i tested it versus sinestro and you have a pretty big window to speed dodge, trait cancel and LC in for 45% meterless, if he tries a boulder? forgetaboutit. i tested against ares, its a more tight window but it can be done. am still testing the viability of this, and if this was known and wasn't viable ,then MY BAD lol
LEGEND
SaJa
AK Harold
Hellion_96
Xenrail
DGOD PSYCHO
Kiko
EDIT: updating characters you can punish.
Superman: when he tries to air laser MB from the top of his jump to catch you jumping.
sinestro: from midscreen all projectiles.
Ares: midscreen tight window.
Hawkgirl: ground mace toss from 3/4 screen away. air mass too done from max height not canceled into flight also from same distance. so if you time her flight properly and shes sitting there throwing maces all day you can catch her.
Black adam: lighting (YES!!!!) from 3/4 screen. that shit is dead, now black adam cannot zone the flash, block black magic, dead. do this on lighting (not MB) punish for 45% meterless.
Wonder Woman: instant air downward tiara, straight tiara from 3/4 screen.
ive known this forever lol

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think I posted about this in the general flash discussion. It's really good on single hit meaties on wakeup. You can speed dodge through the meaty, trait, then Lightning Uppercut into 40+%

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I only played Flash for like 2 days and I knew this lol

It is great for punishing interactables especially

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
If you could whiff cancel speed dodge from normals during their wake up frames like you can every other special, this tech would be so sick.

I don't play Flash anymore. But when the game first game out I remember thinking that trait-canceling Speed Dodge would be most useful as a reversal. I'm pretty sure Flash's trait can't be used as a reversal unless you do [Block~]Speed Dodge~Trait~[Lighting Charge/RMS/LightningUppercut....]

Xenrail

Noob
figured this out in a lab many months back, but haven't incorporated it into my gameplay. main reason is that if you trait cancel speed dodge too fast, you'll still get hit.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
well it seems that no one was utilizing this tech, and imo i will be using it to get in, especially at the end of a game, you can shake on reaction to projectiles father than 14 screen as long as you know how the projectiles start up animation looks like. what makes this tech great is that i can phase, trait then dash up and mix you up and most characters can't do anything, so the LC afterwards isn't the only thing. with the flash's new ridiculous dash and trait, it would be a nightmare, and a great comeback factor. doing speed dodge, trait cancel into rms, run into f1 takes you full screen in like 30 frames, and you can do f1 MB which is the LC and be +100000 on block, and if they are ducking, rms cancel half way into sonic pound, or jump. you can do this all before they can throw another projectile which is the good part. and if they happen to throw out another one you can rms cancel and react because its so slow unless its deathstroke then you have to see which stance hes in and which gun shot he shot. you could also just do speed dodge, trait cancel dash twice, and you are inside sweep distance in like .2 seconds LMAO.

Fastest Man Alive!

lol... But yeah. I haven't been playing this game and much less been going to WNFs. Lethal LEGEND from what I've seen has mostly been using Sinestro and Chef doesn't really play the character. That's probably why you haven't seen it. When I did play it would mostly be against Krayzie who uses Catwoman, so I wouldn't really have too much practice with it. (After EVO I'll be back on this 100%.)

I agree, it's a really good komeback factor. Reminds me a lil of Sektor's Kounter zoning, which I like. People were always afraid to shoot projectiles even at the beginning when I didn't have them down.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
was this known or was this just ninja patched in or something? do i have amnesia or am i forgetting that you could already do this? idk but now with the RMS upgrade, his dash speed and this, you can't zone this character. i tested it versus sinestro and you have a pretty big window to speed dodge, trait cancel and LC in for 45% meterless, if he tries a boulder? forgetaboutit. i tested against ares, its a more tight window but it can be done. am still testing the viability of this, and if this was known and wasn't viable ,then MY BAD lol
LEGEND
SaJa
AK Harold
Hellion_96
Xenrail
DGOD PSYCHO
Kiko
EDIT: updating characters you can punish.
Superman: when he tries to air laser MB from the top of his jump to catch you jumping.
sinestro: from midscreen all projectiles.
Ares: midscreen tight window.
Hawkgirl: ground mace toss from 3/4 screen away. air mass too done from max height not canceled into flight also from same distance. so if you time her flight properly and shes sitting there throwing maces all day you can catch her.
Black adam: lighting (YES!!!!) from 3/4 screen. that shit is dead, now black adam cannot zone the flash, block black magic, dead. do this on lighting (not MB) punish for 45% meterless.
Wonder Woman: instant air downward tiara, straight tiara from 3/4 screen.
tag me as well

and black adam will not do black magic, ever.

this is good for regular lightning though

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I went the last two times. Where have you been?!
Been busy.. Literally haven't touched the game in weeks. And it's been over a month since I played seriously.

Last time I went to WNF it was with only a few hours of practice and after that I put the game away to work on school.

I'll be back in time to work on the game 100% for Vindication II. At EVO I'll be a spectator though.

Mosp

Noob
Been busy.. Literally haven't touched the game in weeks. And it's been over a month since I played seriously.

Last time I went to WNF it was with only a few hours of practice and after that I put the game away to work on school.

I'll be back in time to work on the game 100% for Vindication II. At EVO I'll be a spectator though.
You should just pick Superman and shoot lasers, you don't need much practice for that EGP Wonder_Chef

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You should just pick Superman and shoot lasers, you don't need much practice for that EGP Wonder_Chef

I know.. That's what I did to get Top 8 at WNF the one time I did. lol....

But when I get back I'mma most likely go Arrow 100% or 50% (with Deathstroke or Flash). Only reason I didn't keep using Flash was because of GL...

Which BTW, do you got that match up down? Know how to beat Minigun?

Mosp

Noob
I know.. That's what I did to get Top 8 at WNF the one time I did. lol....

But when I get back I'mma most likely go Arrow 100% or 50% (with Deathstroke or Flash). Only reason I didn't keep using Flash was because of GL...

Which BTW, do you got that match up down? Know how to beat Minigun?
Ya I was doing fine in casuals against LEGEND and his GL. Most of the time they won't spam the minigun because they're afraid of getting hit by MB LC into a combo so they use it sparingly which isn't a big deal. Plus that forward dash buff that Flash got ;)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Ya I was doing fine in casuals against LEGEND and his GL. Most of the time they won't spam the minigun because they're afraid of getting hit by MB LC into a combo so they use it sparingly which isn't a big deal. Plus that forward dash buff that Flash got ;)

I was thinking about that dash buff specifically. Kould you dash in between and punish it if he does 2 in a row starting from point blank?

I'm wondering about the match up but that dash buff should really help him.

Mosp

Noob
I was thinking about that dash buff specifically. Kould you dash in between and punish it if he does 2 in a row starting from point blank?

I'm wondering about the match up but that dash buff should really help him.
You probably can if you're one dash distance away but most of the time if you're that close they'll just MB it so I haven't attempted it too often.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
People can can say they knew this. But they are talking shit, because I have never seen a flash player do this. Infact, they all say "he gets zoned out easily".