What's new

Question Was This Known? Speed dodge trait cancel.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
was this known or was this just ninja patched in or something? do i have amnesia or am i forgetting that you could already do this? idk but now with the RMS upgrade, his dash speed and this, you can't zone this character. i tested it versus sinestro and you have a pretty big window to speed dodge, trait cancel and LC in for 45% meterless, if he tries a boulder? forgetaboutit. i tested against ares, its a more tight window but it can be done. am still testing the viability of this, and if this was known and wasn't viable ,then MY BAD lol
LEGEND
SaJa
AK Harold
Hellion_96
Xenrail
DGOD PSYCHO
Kiko
EDIT: updating characters you can punish.
Superman: when he tries to air laser MB from the top of his jump to catch you jumping.
sinestro: from midscreen all projectiles.
Ares: midscreen tight window.
Hawkgirl: ground mace toss from 3/4 screen away. air mass too done from max height not canceled into flight also from same distance. so if you time her flight properly and shes sitting there throwing maces all day you can catch her.
Black adam: lighting (YES!!!!) from 3/4 screen. that shit is dead, now black adam cannot zone the flash, block black magic, dead. do this on lighting (not MB) punish for 45% meterless.
Wonder Woman: instant air downward tiara, straight tiara from 3/4 screen.

Shyguy

Ol_Jibbs
Try throwing a projectile at me dog, I'll punish you for 50+% like....1 out of 15 times or so.

rurounikenshin

biggest cyborg upplayer
I`ve been saying that Flash is top tier for a lot of time now, but I guess we have to wait for a good one to show up in tournament.

Zyphox

yeah either this was known or I should have said something lol

you can punish BA lightning with shake trait mb charge but it's hard to do shake on reaction
its hard isn't the problem, with practice anyone can do it, and it sets up so many options as well. not only can i now RMS under high projectiles and punish with f1 MB but against superman, black adam this becomes a viable option. imagine that you just clashed, you had to spend it all but you opponent had one bar more than you (lets not get in to the specific on whether or not i should have just kept all my meter) and am on the pixel of death, superman, the boy scout that he is will try to jump up to his max height and MB laser, game over, i can't even jump, but what i can do is speed dodge trait rms f3 him on the way down for 50%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be so hype to see in tournament.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
its hard isn't the problem, with practice anyone can do it, and it sets up so many options as well. not only can i now RMS under high projectiles and punish with f1 MB but against superman, black adam this becomes a viable option. imagine that you just clashed, you had to spend it all but you opponent had one bar more than you (lets not get in to the specific on whether or not i should have just kept all my meter) and am on the pixel of death, superman, the boy scout that he is will try to jump up to his max height and MB laser, game over, i can't even jump, but what i can do is speed dodge trait rms f3 him on the way down for 50%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be so hype to see in tournament.
i didn't mean the punish was hard I just mean reacting correctly to bladam's lightning is hard

Zyphox

i didn't mean the punish was hard I just mean reacting correctly to bladam's lightning is hard
ohh lol yeah if he does MB lightning it will mess up your punish and hurt you in the process. either way am exploring deeper into tech for this.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Zyphox I'm surprised no one is saying anything about this, but I thought everyone knew about this. This is definitely not patch stuff. I was able to do this Day 1 with Flash.

I thought you knew this! lol..

I'm pretty sure Lethal LEGEND knew about it too. This was one of the main reasons why Chef said this character is so good. I thought he was overhyping it though since you can't really shake on reaction, but if you could that would be Broken. Either way, it's good. The question is, how good?

Zyphox

Zyphox I'm surprised no one is saying anything about this, but I thought everyone knew about this. This is definitely not patch stuff. I was able to do this Day 1 with Flash.

I thought you knew this! lol..

I'm pretty sure Lethal LEGEND knew about it too. This was one of the main reasons why Chef said this character is so good. I thought he was overhyping it though since you can't really shake on reaction, but if you could that would be Broken. Either way, it's good. The question is, how good?
well it seems that no one was utilizing this tech, and imo i will be using it to get in, especially at the end of a game, you can shake on reaction to projectiles father than 14 screen as long as you know how the projectiles start up animation looks like. what makes this tech great is that i can phase, trait then dash up and mix you up and most characters can't do anything, so the LC afterwards isn't the only thing. with the flash's new ridiculous dash and trait, it would be a nightmare, and a great comeback factor. doing speed dodge, trait cancel into rms, run into f1 takes you full screen in like 30 frames, and you can do f1 MB which is the LC and be +100000 on block, and if they are ducking, rms cancel half way into sonic pound, or jump. you can do this all before they can throw another projectile which is the good part. and if they happen to throw out another one you can rms cancel and react because its so slow unless its deathstroke then you have to see which stance hes in and which gun shot he shot. you could also just do speed dodge, trait cancel dash twice, and you are inside sweep distance in like .2 seconds LMAO.

Cmon guys, we don't need more 'lol zyphox you should've known'. At least he's made the effort to explore the tech and present in a way clear to ALL forum goers so we can see what else the flash has to offer. My kudos go to you, Zyphox.
I don't think their intentions were harmful.

But nonetheless, I agree.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I knew this but I though the active frame of the dodge speed was gone because of the trait. How is the timing to dodge something + trait ? Same one ?

Thought I posted this already, but welcome back Zyphox. It is good for a clutch move indeed, but it is a useful tool to have in our already extensive bag of tricks. I do appreciate your vids though. Zyphox could you PM me what you use to record/stream etc? I am intersted in doing that at some point for extra pressure to play well and to review my play.