What's new

Was it a design choice to add three characters who have no normal combo options?

DeftMonk

Noob
I love the wonky ass variations. That one liu kang variation with the yin and yang in mkx was like my second most played in the game.

To be more clear, what I meant to say is that I like when characters have different play styles from one another. If every character has the ability to utilize the same strategies as every other character, it's just a different paint job on the same experience.

A better way to phrase what I said would be that I like when a character has a well defined playstyle and has tools that play to those strengths, not when a character has so many options that they're a blank canvas for me to apply the same playstyle as other characters. If every character is expected to have some go-to BNB that their strategy centers around, that doesn't force the player to play that character any differently from anyone else.

I’m really confused on Fujin’s delay combos. Seems like it only works from certain string starters at certain spacings?

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I’m really confused on Fujin’s delay combos. Seems like it only works from certain string starters at certain spacings?
If you're doing the Wakka combos, then your combo route is different based on spacing. Any other string it doesn't matter. They push you into a position where the tornado doesn't immediately connect.

I think B11 is the only string where you can't delay tornado at point blank range. Yeah, it's weird. He's a weird character

If you're doing the Wakka combos, then your combo route is different based on spacing. Any other string it doesn't matter. They push you into a position where the tornado doesn't immediately connect.

I think B11 is the only string where you can't delay tornado at point blank range. Yeah, it's weird. He's a weird character
tornado did not combo after b11 when i tested it.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
The beauty of not having combos and intricate juggles is that it allows you to focus on what you do have. Your ranges, your damage values, your defense, your matchups and your frames. I assure you this game is grooming you to be better at neutral in your next fighting game.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Robocop no need combo
robocop blenders you with hitconfirm into flamethrower for 20% and a million plus frames and forces you to guess strike or throw over and over again with no chance to break out.

Robocop perhaps has evolved past the need for childish concepts such as combos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Robocop no need combo
robocop blenders you with hitconfirm into flamethrower for 20% and a million plus frames and forces you to guess strike or throw over and over again with no chance to break out.

Robocop perhaps has evolved past the need for childish concepts such as combos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robocop evolved past the need for unique combo strings because he just does the exact same thing the other metal man does