What's new

Was it a design choice to add three characters who have no normal combo options?

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Of course not, but unorthodox should add options, not just take them away.
They did add options. They have new ways to play the neutral and open people up in pressure.

Sheeva has 50/50s, unblockables, and DOT setups

Robocop has superior zoning and movement to both bait approaches and punish them

Fujin has that wild air walk that gives him the most insane mobility in the game

There is a way to convert of his db2 in variations 1 &2 for a meterless launcher. Check out noble raptors combo guides on YouTube. It’s definitely not easy but he gets combos if you lab the timing.
Yup and his airwalkcan be canceled into from strings ndthen canceled for an extended combo in v2, super high execution though not a character u can pick up and do optimals online after a day of labbing

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
RoboCop gets kombos off of b2 and f42, he just gets no damage off of them. And they're both highs...

String into special ended or... whatever Fujin does. Those were our best options?
gonna repeat myself, the fujins look like their initial concept was ridiculously op, so they got rushed last-minute-nerfs… like not having juggle combos. f43 and cloud walkers db4 amp surely look like they should popup.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
gonna repeat myself, the fujins look like their initial concept was ridiculously op, so they got rushed last-minute-nerfs… like not having juggle combos. f43 and cloud walkers db4 amp surely look like they should popup.
Expect cloud walker even has 2 different ways for pop up juggle combos

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
isnt the first costing 2 bars and the second only combos against airborne state?
First one costs one bar of offensive meter and one bar of defensive meter for the dropout and for db2 you have to delay it so you can combo of it meterlessly

First one costs one bar of offensive meter and one bar of defensive meter for the dropout and for db2 you have to delay it so you can combo of it meterlessly
tbh option 1 would be too costly for my taste. how do you delay db 2 in cloud walker though?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
in the video posted above, you get an easier route with the same damage using d1, 12, instead of 42 after AMP tornado.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Welcome to MK11. Characters like Liu Kang who had insane combos in MKX have been reduced to a string into double amplified bicycle kick.

Super hype.

In all honesty, Fujin looks like he has some combos though, from what I've seen. I didn't buy the DLC but Mustard was doing some fairly stylish stuff with the character. Sheeva and Robocop look beyond boring in the combo department, though.

I actually like this. My biggest criticism about MK11 has been that characters have had too many options between their variations to the point that their identity gets removed. I like that there are characters whose playstyles don't revolve around figuring out how to open people up for their 30-ish% BNB that has different inputs and looks different than other characters, but is still fundamentally the same thing. I like that RoboCop has no great combos. His strength is as a pure zoner, and he's incredible for that. This is exactly the type of approach I wish they took with most characters.

I know there's a long, respected tradition in fighting games to value flashy, execution-heavy combos. But if I take off my fighting game hat and put on my general gamer hat, what I really value is having different playstyles available to me. If each character just boiled down to "open up opponent, do BNB combo", I don't see the point in having multiple characters in the game.

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
ok i didnt find that, even though its the weirdest shit that it doesnt work on immediate execution but after a delay... :confused:
Good lord, you are dense.

Every counter-argument he gave, you had to reply with some nonsense.

Delays in combos always existed in fighting games, you must be new... You can see the combo with the delay, for V1, right at 00:07 and the Kloud Walker combo is at 02:40.

Yes, Fujin has juggle combos, so your point is invalid.

People claim game is too easy, NRS gives you out of ordinary characters, they demand certain execution from the player, people go ape shit and spouting crap. Perhaps the amount of time you invest on talking shit outta your ass, if you invested in the game trying new things, you would feel differently...but no...