What's new

Warning to TYM:My Disgust with MMH tournament performance

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Martian Manhunter: Stock down. After the zoners on the Kryptonite Council spent weeks going apeshit over the alien he fails to place top 16. CD Sr and Jupiter, who they had pegged as possible top 8 contenders, lost in pools. REO failed to show and has now become a boogeyman for them. They now speak of him in hushed tones and warn bad kids that he is coming for them if they don't behave. The hysteria was so high that somehow the rational, level headed players who are simply taking a wait and see approach are Death level downplayers for not considering him the new ST Akuma.

NEC was a super hype tournament full of blow ups, bottom tier characters making the trip to top 8. But one character has yet again been under represented and dissapointed myself and the community.

Martian Fucking Manhunter.

Im so SICK of watching people completely yolo this character. Just teleporting around the stages and hoping you can hit confirm a combo off it. Damage is left on the floor, frame traps are being ignored and underutilized, after months of this character being released NO ONE IS PLAYING HIM PROPERLY. There is no reason any MMH Shouldnt make it out of pools, especially in a tournament where more than 1 martian is present.

So I'm putting myself out there right now. Fuck Reo, Fuck Jupiter, Fuck Rebelo, Fuck all these players who people are saying and hyping up as the best martians. Reo hasnt done shit with martian in months, Rebelo hasnt done shit outside his scene and plays GL these days anyway, and jupiter just got blasted in pools at NEC. There has been a lot of overhyping and under delivering from this character and the people that the community has named the best MMHs. The reason they haven't succeeded is simple.

The Character does not fit their play style.

You cannot play a character that does not fit the way you play. Now Sit down and think of this comparison. MMH has block strings into plus frame special moves. He has low/OH mixups, ex runes that give him combos from everywhere and a semi safe teleport that is an OH. That seems to remind me of some tools a character in a game we used to play have...what was that game? oh yea! MK9! And that Character? Quan Fucking Chi.

I, The Quanfather, am the one that will bring out the true potential in this character. I will show you that not only is this character the best in the game, hes got a bag of gimmicks that has not even been peeked into by any MMH to date in any tournament ever.

SCR 2014. This will be my first and ONLY showing of MMH at a major, and you best believe ive been training my ass off since his release for this opportunity. Years of playing a low-mid tier character and coming so close to top 8s only to lose to bullshit characters like kenshi and Johnny Cage have left me with a bitterness that can only be solved by taking my place on the Skeleton Throne of MMH atop a pile of opponents you would question whether their presence was even worth the travel money they paid.

So I warn you now, if you are planning to attend this event you better be prepared, and you better be ready to bow down to the true king of Martians..

- STB EGP Shujinkydink

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Theres a lot of time between now and SCR. You also forgot to mention MITDJT who also mains MMH and I assume will be attending SCR. Me and Jupiter will be attending SCR, so be prepared to be out placed by 2 MMHs and get blown up.

7L

Heads up!
Unless I mistranslated that part of GGA 16 Bit 's stock, Jupiter did take out Forever King in pools with the Martian.

Hope you can handle the blow-up that's coming your way. ;)
He knocked him to losers and then King got his runback. All of their matches were great play. So yes, he beat the person that got #2 at many tournaments, then lost to him to get eliminated. That is not a bad showing IMHO

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
He knocked him to losers and then King got his runback. All of their matches were great play. So yes, he beat the person that got #2 at many tournaments, then lost to him to get eliminated. That is not a bad showing IMHO
Not a bad one at all. Man, I wish I was there to see all of this.

Reactions: 7L
NEC was a super hype tournament full of blow ups, bottom tier characters making the trip to top 8. But one character has yet again been under represented and dissapointed myself and the community.

Martian Fucking Manhunter.

Im so SICK of watching people completely yolo this character. Just teleporting around the stages and hoping you can hit confirm a combo off it. Damage is left on the floor, frame traps are being ignored and underutilized, after months of this character being released NO ONE IS PLAYING HIM PROPERLY. There is no reason any MMH Shouldnt make it out of pools, especially in a tournament where more than 1 martian is present.

So I'm putting myself out there right now. Fuck Reo, Fuck Jupiter, Fuck Rebelo, Fuck all these players who people are saying and hyping up as the best martians. Reo hasnt done shit with martian in months, Rebelo hasnt done shit outside his scene and plays GL these days anyway, and jupiter just got blasted in pools at NEC. There has been a lot of overhyping and under delivering from this character and the people that the community has named the best MMHs. The reason they haven't succeeded is simple.

The Character does not fit their play style.

You cannot play a character that does not fit the way you play. Now Sit down and think of this comparison. MMH has block strings into plus frame special moves. He has low/OH mixups, ex runes that give him combos from everywhere and a semi safe teleport that is an OH. That seems to remind me of some tools a character in a game we used to play have...what was that game? oh yea! MK9! And that Character? Quan Fucking Chi.

I, The Quanfather, am the one that will bring out the true potential in this character. I will show you that not only is this character the best in the game, hes got a bag of gimmicks that has not even been peeked into by any MMH to date in any tournament ever.

SCR 2014. This will be my first and ONLY showing of MMH at a major, and you best believe ive been training my ass off since his release for this opportunity. Years of playing a low-mid tier character and coming so close to top 8s only to lose to bullshit characters like kenshi and Johnny Cage have left me with a bitterness that can only be solved by taking my place on the Skeleton Throne of MMH atop a pile of opponents you would question whether their presence was even worth the travel money they paid.

So I warn you now, if you are planning to attend this event you better be prepared, and you better be ready to bow down to the true king of Martians..

- STB EGP Shujinkydink
You're going to have to get past a certain matchup that has much armor involved. I love the damn hype though haha

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Reo hasn't done shit with martian in months because he hasn't gone to tournaments. That doesn't mean he's not ridiculously good with the character. Rebelo can't because he can't leave the country lol. If I see you any time though I guess we can mm if you want. I usually don't but if there's free money I'll take it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Its gotta suck having those wake-ups and anti-zoning against someone who doesn't care abot either/

derOeler

Death comes to all!
I like the big words. Well written, dramatic..

But you and Reo seem to forget these days, that someone like Noobe doesn´t need big worded threads to hype up everyone.
He simply performs.