What's new

Warner Brothers - Journalists Killing them for their track record over last 9 months

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Cloverfield, man. The way they handled the marketing and everything was so smart. Just perfect execution all around.
That's one of my favorite popcorn flicks of all time. That's a perfect example of how to use a budget intelligently. They still had some high end effects and the movie never looked low quality, yet their budget is nothing compared to a film like Pacific Rim.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
That's a perfect example of how to use a budget intelligently. They still had some high end effects and the movie never looked low quality, yet their budget is nothing compared to a film like Pacific Rim.
100% -- District 9 also followed the same formula. I was pretty shocked that the budget for that film was only $30 mil.

Pig Of The Hut, man Jack the Giant Slayer cost $200 million, CG ain't cheap, it's almost as much as The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey's budget. What a disappointment, who approved that.

Obviously executives who were high as fuck on magic beans

Yea wiki it
Yup, just did, Lol. Smh. D9 was my favorite of recent memory, everything about it was good. Others that were pretty good with a low budget are probably Cloverfield and Chronicle.

I also think there's lots of films that go unnoticed because it's not action oriented, Catch Me If You Can, was a really great movie. Most dramas, or story oriented movies. This year's sleeper hit will be Django.