What's new

Warner Brothers - Journalists Killing them for their track record over last 9 months

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Gangster Squad - Made 90 Milli0on cost 60 Million
Jack the Giant Slayer Made 49 million, cost 200 million
Burt Wonderstone - Will Make 30 Million - Cost 30 million (Was supposed to rival Identity Theft)
Bullet to the head - Made 13 Mil, Cost 55

These have been the top 4 movies so far from Warner Bros and so far they're in third for income but as for profit...lol

profit Negative 163 Million

Ever since Batman and Harry potter ran their courses they've been stumbling and Movie News Journalists are acting like Anarchy is among WB and their just losing $ left to right. For those who may have read this or follow movie economics let me give you a list of reasons why these journalists are idiots

Potential Hits

yeah I imagine it's like the stock market.

some projects fail, some projects will make up for the loss.

Just like when you invest in a lot of different companies.

sometimes you'll lose 1k here, but over here you'll get 2k.

and you keep at it as long as the "growth" keeps coming.

obviously they're just focusing on the 3 failures and ignoring the success.

Let's not forget potential MK movie.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I thought Iron Man 3 (as well as others) wasn't affiliated with Warner Bros.

Last I checked it was Paramount Pictures.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
The Paranormal Activity movies have always made a huge profit because production costs for making each of those movies is very low (especially the first one).

Pig Of The Hut

yeah I imagine it's like the stock market.

some projects fail, some projects will make up for the loss.

Just like when you invest in a lot of different companies.

sometimes you'll lose 1k here, but over here you'll get 2k.

and you keep at it as long as the "growth" keeps coming.

obviously they're just focusing on the 3 failures and ignoring the success.

Let's not forget potential MK movie.
I thought Iron Man 3 (as well as others) wasn't affiliated with Warner Bros.

Last I checked it was Paramount Pictures.
Eggsackly..

Guess Pigshi kouldn't quite see that those were from different kompanies... lol.
That's why I said, I don't know what the list is for, many of those movies are from different companies.
Sorry list i got was ass

fixed

point was to show they have many potential hits in the oven but now im only seeing 5-7 definite hits and understand the criticism now

They do need serious direction and Man Of Steel has shit load riding on it

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Movie was a huge disaster on the scale of Disney's John Carter
Man, I think John Carter will go down as one of the most epic disasters in the history of modern cinema, haha. It reminds me of that movie Howard Hughes was making in The Aviator.

But, it still made more than they spent. Jack the Giant Slayer is another story altogether :D

Pig Of The Hut

Man, I think John Carter will go down as the most epic disaster in the history of modern cinema, haha. It reminds me of that movie Howard Hughes was making in The Aviator.

But, it still made more than they spent.
Few people realize the Hiddenburgh Blimp's explosion was found out and explained this year (no joke) but ironically it was released the week john carter came out lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Few people realize the Hiddenburgh Blimp's explosion was found out and explained this year (no joke) but ironically it was released the week john carter came out lol
LOL.. That's amazing.

Btw if you remember The Adventures of Pluto Nash, I can put that in with Jack the Giant Slayer. That was another truly epic financial mishap.

But yeah, Warner Bros.. Their upcoming linuep is looking good from what you posted. Stock is rising.

Sorry list i got was ass

fixed

point was to show they have many potential hits in the oven but now im only seeing 5-7 definite hits and understand the criticism now

They do need serious direction and Man Of Steel has shit load riding on it
I agree, it's standard practice in the movie industry to release sub-par movies in Q1, January till mid Spring, I've read several comments on this issue, here's one example. -- http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/20/magazine/how-to-survive-januarys-dearth-of-good-movies.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I don't think anyone takes that grace period seriously where studios aren't really pushing out their big blockbusters, if they do, like you said, they're an "idiot".

Regarding Man of Steel, I think it'll do great, here's a recent interview on it -- http://www.totalfilm.com/news/david-s-goyer-talks-man-of-steel-s-secrecy

Of the four you listed, I only am aware of the first two. I also don't understand this trend in Hollywood where children's folktale stories are being transformed into some action sequence or "hip" form of cinema. Who started this? Wait, never-mind, Alice in Wonderland, which was good, I liked it, but every other movie that has come out or is, has been completely awful with the exception of Oz.

Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, Jack the Giant Slayer, etc, seems like they're pumping them out hoping to be the next Alice.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Most super high budget films never break even. Pacific Rim will bet yet another huge failure along the lines of John Carter in my opinion. The films that turn the most profit (besides your Blair Witch films) are the ones in the 40-50mil range.

Pig Of The Hut

Most super high budget films never break even. Pacific Rim will bet yet another huge failure along the lines of John Carter in my opinion. The films that turn the most profit (besides your Blair Witch films) are the ones in the 40-50mil range.
yea for example i think insidious was most profitable film 2 years ago

around 1.5 million budget and made 97 Million alone in USA