What's new

Walmart Pre-order Error

Eddyward

Noob
I've attempted pre-ordering Injustice: Gods Among Us from Walmart's website twice, and both times I've received an email saying that my order had to be cancelled due to a processing error. I've heard that there have been problems with ordering online from Walmart before. I was just wondering if anyone else from the US has had this problem, or if anyone has successfully been able to have their order processed? I'm about to give up and just order from Gamestop at this point, and hope that the Arkham City skins are released later.

UPDATE: Okay, so I e-mailed Walmart and they basically said: we can verify your orders have been cancelled. We advice to place a new order. Thanks, I wasn't sure if they were cancelled! Um, no. They already told me this when I e-mailed them the first time..

So I called Walmart.com customer service, and the kind guy said "I like your taste in movies," and helped me get the order fixed. So all is well now! In short, if you have a problem, don't e-mail them and call them instead.

I tried pre-ordering Injustice: GAU today at Walmart in store and for some reason the clerk didn't let me and she gave me a stupid reason... It was really rather sad. Tomorrow I'm just going to pre-order it at Gamestop and hope that the Arkham City skins come out later because they are really badass.

Eddyward

Noob
Did you attempt to contact them?
Yes; apparently the only solution is to "try again." Which I did the second time, and I just got the error e-mail again a few minutes ago. Maybe I should try calling a local store and doing a phone pre-order of some kind? Don't know if that is even a thing lol. It might be easier to save the trouble and just to get it at Gamestop at this point.

EDIT: I'm e-mailing them again, and I'll update with what they say this second time. Just in case it will help anyone else in this situation.

If I'm not mistaken, you can get the Walmart Bonus without having to preorder. I called 3 walmarts to ask and I was told that to get the MKvsDC game and the Arkham City skins, you don't need to preorder. I was told that the first batch/stock they are getting in the store all have the bonuses inside the games case. I don't know how accurate this is, Walmart employees tend to know squat especially in the games department.

Ksmoke

skarlet is back!!
I tried pre-ordering Injustice: GAU today at Walmart in store and for some reason the clerk didn't let me and she gave me a stupid reason... It was really rather sad. Tomorrow I'm just going to pre-order it at Gamestop and hope that the Arkham City skins come out later because they are really badass.
I just left walmart and the employees didn't know shit. But then I seen pre order cards locked in case buy where the games are. It lets u put $5 deposit on the game so u can pick up at midnight. First time I went I had the same problem. Employee told me u have to do it online and can only be sent to your house. Thats not true at all

I just left walmart and the employees didn't know shit. But then I seen pre order cards locked in case buy where the games are. It lets u put $5 deposit on the game so u can pick up at midnight. First time I went I had the same problem. Employee told me u have to do it online and can only be sent to your house. Thats not true at all
Yeah, the employees are retarded. I'll just preorder it at Gamestop and get those extra missions and red son skins. Hopefully the Arkham city skins will be DLC later though.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Mine went through at Walmart no problem. I got the email and bill and everything to prove it. I did this a few weeks ago. Also a fun fact...you can return for full retail new value the copy of MK vs DC if its unopened at Walmart. Season Pass paid for.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
i have never pre-ordered games from walmart(it's a stupid idea anyways)and usually pre-order from gamestop if i do it at all...besides do you really expect a place like walmart to be that reliable with pre-orders? to get them to actually acknowledge an in-store pre-order you gotta buy a pre-order card...yeah while you can simply go to gamestop and put down cash on the game..you gotta buy a card to pre-order at walmart

makes the process longer than it needs to be...because you gotta find someone to unlock the case and get the card for you....instead of simply handing them money and telling them about the pre-order

MoldMan

Noob
w
i have never pre-ordered games from walmart(it's a stupid idea anyways)and usually pre-order from gamestop if i do it at all...besides do you really expect a place like walmart to be that reliable with pre-orders? to get them to actually acknowledge an in-store pre-order you gotta buy a pre-order card...yeah while you can simply go to gamestop and put down cash on the game..you gotta buy a card to pre-order at walmart

makes the process longer than it needs to be...because you gotta find someone to unlock the case and get the card for you....instead of simply handing them money and telling them about the pre-order
HELL NO. good point

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
i don't understand why anyone would pre-order a video game at a store that doesn't really give a crap about video games they just sell them.....Walmart is a giant grocery store pretty much....they are not known for being the best place to buy video games

that's gamestop(usually because they always have the games at launch and it's never a problem getting what you want asap)and as much as people want to whine and complain about gamestop's tactics they are sure as hell more reliable than walmart

they will even call you to notify you when it's time to pick up your pre-order...walmart doesn't really care you buy a pre-order card and then bring it back to them on release date....and they just randomly pull a copy out of the glass case they don't hold a copy for you they just take one and if there aren't any copies tough cookies! walmart won't care

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i hate the walmart where i live....slappin their walmart logo on all the box-art covers of the games -.-

And people bitch about Gamestop. At least they give you the pre-order. I've seen Fraser on Video Games Awesome pre-order something from Walmart and they didn't give him the pre-order bonus that was supposed to go with the game.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I almost always pre-order from Amazon, they have great customer service and I havent been let down yet. I went with Gamestop for Injustice though because I would look retarded sitting on my front porch all day waiting for the UPS truck to turn the corner.

Eddyward

Noob
Really the only reason I wanted to get it from Walmart was to have the Arkham City skins right away. :X I'm still waiting for them to reply to my e-mail, so I'll make sure to update with what they say when that happens!
I almost always pre-order from Amazon, they have great customer service and I havent been let down yet. I went with Gamestop for Injustice though because I would look retarded sitting on my front porch all day waiting for the UPS truck to turn the corner.
Same here, I've usually always had great experiences with Amazon. But again, I don't really like the zombie pack, so I think I'm gonna go with Gamestop if Walmart's reply isn't satisfactory. :( There wasn't an in-store pickup option for Walmart anyways, so I guess that's another plus for Gamestop.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Really the only reason I wanted to get it from Walmart was to have the Arkham City skins right away. :X I'm still waiting for them to reply to my e-mail, so I'll make sure to update with what they say when that happens!

Same here, I've usually always had great experiences with Amazon. But again, I don't really like the zombie pack, so I think I'm gonna go with Gamestop if Walmart's reply isn't satisfactory. :( There wasn't an in-store pickup option for Walmart anyways, so I guess that's another plus for Gamestop.
Yea I originally was going to pre-order from Walmart too because I wanted the Arkham pack but it just seems like dealing with them wouldnt really be worth it. If they had a release date delivery option for online then it would be different but the earliest you can have it delivered from them is April 22!!! Hell if i'm waiting that long lol. Plus after seeing the Arkham Pack trailer I wasnt very impressed so its no big deal.

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412
....steeler nation in cali?