What's new

Strategy Wakup Flash

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So if flash as Okizeme tech, Jade gets up faster and remains invincible for a short while.

How Short? ( how manny frames of invencibility Jade has left before the effect worn out and being blown up by the next string or move in sequence?)

I don't know the numbers but you'll be able to avoid only active frames of the opponent's attack. Since all jade moves are relatively slow you won't be able to counterhit on wakeup, but if your opponent wants to hit you by his attack on your wakeup you can catch his active frames with wakeup flash and then make wiff punish with 3 for example.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Wakeup Flash > d3 seems like it would beat literally anything in the game.

Does it really work like that?

Espio

Kokomo
Jade has a 9 frame jab that can lead into a staff grab or shadow kick combo ender, 1,2 staff grab/shadow kick double for 13%.

Edit: Thanks bingsoo for bringing my error to my attention:).

Jade has a 9 frame jab that can lead into a staff grab or shadow kick combo ender, 1,2 staff grab/shadow kick double for 13%.

You could also use her 9 frame standing 4, forward 3 combo or sub the forward 3 out for shadow kick or staff grab though I haven't tinkered much with this, it's a possibility.
Standing 4 is 9 frames? :eek:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If her Hit confirmable normals were 10 frames, we would have a nice counter tool here.
Well, uppercut does 12%
12 double Shadow kick does eventually more ^^

Espio

Kokomo
Totally forgot about this. 12-shadowkick, dash, d1-staffgrab - 18%.
I need to work on the timing for that I never get it right lol. I can sometimes do after a shadow kick standing 4 into staff grab, but I've only landed that 1/25 times, timing for that and down 1 seems wonky:(.

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
Now this is a pretty interesting thread. The only critisism i have is that you'll have to make a read. Also isn't this why we have ex glow? I understand that the regular glow will be free of meter you only get 18%; with ex glow and a 3/b1 combo starter you'll get 34-35%. Is that damage worth the meter? I would only use this if i was completely out of meter. The only time i've actually taken advantage of this is against raiden's superman.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
I need to work on the timing for that I never get it right lol. I can sometimes do after a shadow kick standing 4 into staff grab, but I've only landed that 1/25 times, timing for that and down 1 seems wonky:(.
I've found that there's a little knack in the timing, you've got to do d1 a bit later than it looks. It seems to catch them if you do it just as they are hitting the floor but not much before that. It's the same for the standing 4 staff grab off of 23f2 shadow kick.

Now this is a pretty interesting thread. The only critisism i have is that you'll have to make a read. Also isn't this why we have ex glow? I understand that the regular glow will be free of meter you only get 18%; with ex glow and a 3/b1 combo starter you'll get 34-35%. Is that damage worth the meter? I would only use this if i was completely out of meter. The only time i've actually taken advantage of this is against raiden's superman.
There's no reason not do to this on wake up though, even if you plan on just blocking.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
To wakeup flash online, you need to count one and a half second in your head before you quickly input bf3. It works in any sort of lag. Just try to find the rhythm and you'll be mostly accurate with it.

Espio

Kokomo
I think I'm going to experiment with this in an actual fight, see how that works for me lol.

I just usually use wake up flash for the free meter build and because there's no real risk involved.

As was mentioned earlier, this is a very interesting thread, something I've never really thought to tinker with to be honest.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It's a justframe unfortunately - that is real hard to get right. But this makes your wakeup game infinitely more powerful.
Your immediate options are:
3DB2~ Close range.
2DB2~ Close range.
NjP~ If they hop around.
B2~ Mid-range.
F2~ Backjump.
U3 ~ Backjump / farther mid-range.

Many times i did this wakeup flash when i missed my wakeup glow, but the result was awesome (like a combo without spending a meter), so no doubt you can make a lot if you'll master this trick.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
^ +1
This is why I laugh when people talk about tiers. Jade is lethal with meter and lethal when knocked down.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
I try to wake up glow and en-glow all the time. Although ill get a standing 3 sometimes. I think its a bit more rewarding if u wake up with ex glow because if the opponent is fishing for heavy rushdown pressure after a wake up u can just stop it all together and deliver ur big punish combo. I feel sometimes the wake up glow/en glow is almost gdlk. And yet somewhat under used.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2