What's new

Wakeups and You !

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I'm trying to get a handle on leveling up my wakeup crushing game. How do you deal with a character like batgirl that can wakeup with multiple attacks that require strict timing to stuff within the confines of a regular match?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I'm trying to get a handle on leveling up my wakeup crushing game. How do you deal with a character like batgirl that can wakeup with multiple attacks that require strict timing to stuff within the confines of a regular match?
Much like everything else Batgirl does, you have to guess. I've done best with spending a lot of time in training mode and using armored F3, just adjust the timing on your guess (always guess cartwheel) and it can stuff a lot of her wakeups.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Much like everything else Batgirl does, you have to guess. I've done best with spending a lot of time in training mode and using armored F3, just adjust the timing on your guess (always guess cartwheel) and it can stuff a lot of her wakeups.
Thanks, that's a good call sir :)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You should try to find options that cover multiple options. Like my f+1,1,2 could beat their stuffable wakeups as well as backdash or ducking. 1 thing of hers beats 3 options, forcing them to do something else. You try to build your flow chart that has the least amount of options for you that cover the all of theirs. That way you need less hard reads.