What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Wait... what will Jason's character dialogue be like?

E

Eldriken

Imagine Rain vs Vorhees Dialogue.

Jason is fucking petrified of water.
Considering this is the case, the only movie to ever capitalize on that is Freddy vs Jason, but only in Jason's dream. In every other movie that water is involved, Jason seems to handle it just fine.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Considering this is the case, the only movie to ever capitalize on that is Freddy vs Jason, but only in Jason's dream. In every other movie that water is involved, Jason seems to handle it just fine.
I think it's moreso the fear of drowning and not the water itself. Freddy kind of has the ability to turn your worst nightmares (literally) upon you. I don't think Jason is going to give a shit about stepping in a puddle or getting sprayed with a super soaker, but drop him in a giant container and put an air tight lid on it...yea I don't think he would like that very much.

Has anyone actually ever attempted to drown Vorhees other than Freddy?

E

Eldriken

I think it's moreso the fear of drowning and not the water itself. Freddy kind of has the ability to turn your worst nightmares (literally) upon you. I don't think Jason is going to give a shit about stepping in a puddle or getting sprayed with a super soaker, but drop him in a giant container and put an air tight lid on it...yea I don't think he would like that very much.

Has anyone actually ever attempted to drown Vorhees other than Freddy?
He gets tied up to a chain and sinks to the bottom of Crystal Lake in one of the movies.

But what I'm getting at is that there are plenty of movies where Jason willingly walks into a lake to chase after a victim. He shows no hesitation whatsoever.

The only other movie I can think of that shows his fear of water is Jason Takes Manhattan and it's at the end in the sewers.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
He gets tied up to a chain and sinks to the bottom of Crystal Lake in one of the movies.

But what I'm getting at is that there are plenty of movies where Jason willingly walks into a lake to chase after a victim. He shows no hesitation whatsoever.

The only other movie I can think of that shows his fear of water is Jason Takes Manhattan and it's at the end in the sewers.
It's a real shame these movies had no real consistency in lore. Jason is kind of like Superman I suppose. His weakness is at the whim of the writers lol

True but it could just be Freddy amps up your fear to 11. And it's not like people don't overcome their fear. Bruce Wayne was/is scared of bats which is why he used the bat as his symbol for crime fighting, to instill fear in crooks who think he is super natural.

And moving away from fiction to reality, I'm scared of the dark but will still go downstairs without the lights on and people overcome their fear of death or falling to skydive. Hell some argue half the fun of skydiving or roller coasters is being scared. Heck we see scary movies cause we think being scared is fun.

TL;DR: It's not that Jason being scared of drowning doesn't make sense, it's that he overcame and ignores that fear.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
@tylerlansdown please say that we don't hear Jason talk and that it's his Mom :)
Dude, you may have stumbled onto the perfect solution. Honeslty Jason should not say a DAMN thing. Pure silence. If he gets his own voice it will be pure cheeseball. But...if you hear his mother doing a kind of inner voiceover that would actually work perfectly.

"Dont listen to him Jason!"

"Kill her Jason!"

Thats a sick idea actually.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
It'll be one-sided dialogue of course. Jason has never uttered a single word and he won't start now in some game.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
It's basically gonna play out like this.

Jason: Ch-ch-ch ha-ha-ha....

Opponent: *Looks around* What is that?

Jason: *Jason appears and scary music soundbite plays*

He uses the screams and words of his past victims to form a sentence that is recorded and played to the opponent through a tape recorder.