What's new

Wait a second....still no patch and *STILL* no PC version???

btbb99

Noob
AC1984 said:
"alot of times the speed actually feels faster then offline"

Dude...seriously....

dead serious.. im not saying online is better then offline, offline is as good as it gets.... all im saying is online is not nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be... i have had plenty of terrible experiences with lag online, we all have, but i also had plenty of great experiences where i don't notice any lag at all..

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
btbb99 said:
dead serious.. im not saying online is better then offline, offline is as good as it gets.... all im saying is online is not nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be... i have had plenty of terrible experiences with lag online, we all have, but i also had plenty of great experiences where i don't notice any lag at all..
seconded. Particularly OG MK2 on PSN. If you even live on the same half of the country as your opponent, the connection is as solid as offline. You need to live all the way across the country or have a dual Wi-Fi connection to even warrant a lag excuse.

isamu

Noob

Snapshot of the latest version of MameHub in action. Suffice it to say, it's come a LOOOOONG way over the last couple months. ;)

btbb99 said:
Not noticing lag doesn't mean it isn't there. Also, there's delay which is far worse than lag. And one main problem with delay is that it can be one sided, especially in UMK3 on XBL.

I wish I had the games you guys are describing! Amost every game I get on MKAK is like when I used to play Ahimsa on PSN MKII. :( Must be cause I'm in the middle of New Mexico or something.

btbb99

Noob
Vassago187 said:
I wish I had the games you guys are describing! Amost every game I get on MKAK is like when I used to play Ahimsa on PSN MKII. :( Must be cause I'm in the middle of New Mexico or something.
i wasn't talking about mkak when i was talking, i was talking about old mk2 and kaillera.. mkak is a lagfest for everyone

Tim Static

Adminerator
ZAQ said:
As much as I'd like to be able to sign in to XBL and play these games right now, I really hope they are going big with this patch.

From what I'm told patches take around 1month just for the approval process. and PSN & XBL don't exactly work like clockwork. There was enough wrong with this release that they would almost have to start from scratch to make it close arcade perfect.

At this point everyone should just pick up Mame and keep playing instead of waiting for this to be patched or killing themselves over trying to play ranked (which seems to be the ONLY thing people play it for).
This is exactly what i meant with my earlier comment. A patch isnt a quick thing. it can take some time, especially considering how fucked up this port is.

As Shock calls it....MK Arcade Korruption. lol

PS- the PS3 port of MKAK's UMK3 is fucking awful. Its like online...offline.

it seemed worse as in it seemed even slower than I remembered. The entire game seems rushed or half assed. The music for MK2 that it plays in the attract mode (where it the music plays and the characters are supposed to move in time to the music) sounds horrible and it makes a popping sound at one point and gets out of sync. Playing mk2 there is a green dot at the top of my screen that stays there through the entire mk2 game but goes away on mk1 and maybe umk. I suck playing online because you get used to the speed of the game and how it should be and then you play online and it is like playing underwater and it throws off your normal strategy. Couple that with the fact that my d pad sucks on my xbox 360 controllers as they are about 3 years old now and worn out and it is down right unplayable. They should have tested this better before releasing it. Oh and the sound effect of the players jumping and hitting the ground on mk2 sound like someone dropping a really heavy bag on the floor and is way to loud. It sounds like 5,000 lb fighters jumping on the ground.