What's new

Vortex Scorpion vs. Safe Scorpion

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
hmmm, yeah I saw the video of slips (scorion) vs. 16 Bit (kitana) and at the very beginning he does a straight up ground telepot, and somehow stops himself before contacting the blocking kitana....i just wondered how he did it

ryublaze

Noob
hmmm, yeah I saw the video of slips (scorion) vs. 16 Bit (kitana) and at the very beginning he does a straight up ground telepot, and somehow stops himself before contacting the blocking kitana....i just wondered how he did it
He did an instant air teleport which is doing a teleport as soon as Scorpion leaves the ground.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
They can actually block dash backwards and still block it. Super risky. Looks cool when it works though.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Umm... ScorpionMK9player what on Earth was the point of those two videos? Hoping that's not supposed to be some information on how to play Scorpion. If that cage player ducked even one of those random spears it's the end of the round most of the time.
It was pretty funny, I mean they listed in the credit Scorpion as the winner in case you didn't catch that from the actual match. Maybe they were displaying the unsafe non vortex style of play?

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
They can actually block dash backwards and still block it. Super risky. Looks cool when it works though.

Slips, your the whole reason I started to pick up Scorpion, you have one of the best scorpions I have ever had the pleasure of watching, when you did that vortex without hitting him I was stunned dude you are awesome, I would be honored to fight you over XBL...but back to the topic, have you ever had someone dash block it before? I think unless someone spammed it every 5 seconds that no one would ever expect it, or let alone be wise enough to dash block it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It was pretty funny, I mean they listed in the credit Scorpion as the winner in case you didn't catch that from the actual match. Maybe they were displaying the unsafe non vortex style of play?
the whole thing was supposed to be a badass epic showdown of skill judging by the music n editing

i was laughing my balls off

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
really fast inputs.you gotta do it the moment scorpion gets off the ground

alternatively there are jump in punch/kick setups that give you a free safe teleport but the thread has dissapeared

It only works reliably on certain characters, and it leave you negative frames anyway. I wouldn't do it.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Thr problem with safe Scorpion is that he doesn't do any damage. When your playing against a characters like Cage, where all he needs is one f3...he doesn't give a fuck about 111 12% pressure. When your playing against characters like Cyrax, where all he needs is one net...he doesn't give a fuck about 12% f4~takedown. When your playing against characters like Smoke, where all he needs is one smoke bomb...he doesn't give a fuck about 15% f3.

These options don't do enough damage to be considered conditioning tools. I can hit with three or four f4 takedowns in 1 round and that won't mean they will duck the next time I get in. Nobody cares.

So when its all said and done, you just gotta go for it. There are times where if i have a big life-lead and no meter for breaker or if they have meter and I don't I might not go for it then. But ultimately, the best characters in the game can blow you up with 3 or 4 good reads a round. When its your turn to take to make the read, you cant be fuckin around with 12% bullshit. Your giving them too many chance to come back and make you rage. You gotta take the oppurtunity to blow them up.

You just gotta look at the bright side. Cyrax bomb reset is stupid. Smoke bomb reset is stupid. Jax corner reset is stupid. Cage f3 is stupid. Sonya d4 is stupid. Kabal...is stupid.

Scorpion Vortex/Void is stupid.
This 100% but let's not get carried away now. Johnny c f3 never did anything to hurt anyone :c

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

It only works reliably on certain characters, and it leave you negative frames anyway. I wouldn't do it.
Actually according to Somberness's universal frame data it should be around +5ish from that situation, but the OS variant I found should leave you at even more advantage. Sucks I don't have a way to record it ;_;

Actually according to Somberness's universal frame data it should be around +5ish from that situation, but the OS variant I found should leave you at even more advantage. Sucks I don't have a way to record it ;_;
I have a recorder and I've been itching to make a new video lol