What's new

Video showcasing "Mercy" in action

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
There is something on the way, but from what I understood, it was "work in progress" and it was not ready by lunch. I was not given the details, due to obvious reasons. So, its either this, or something else.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I had no expectations so I'm not really disappointed. If anything, it makes sense that they're promoting the use of Outros which they put so much effort into creating. Otherwise everyone would be Fatalitying all the time.

Gonna take this opportunity to say I'm really psyched about the possibility of friendships coming back in the future. Feels like Johnny's Puppet Master and Kano's Last Dance almost are friendships already. They're just such awesome two-character interactions/animations.
Don’t think so, people get bored of alities after a week, so yeah

fischbong

Rock Strongo
Well I have the game and if you do nothing at all on the Fatality screen nothing happens. Tried it several times and still have 0 mercies. One of Noobs Brutalities requires a Mercy beforehand so theres definitely more to it than just standing there but I couldn't figure out until now. Pic related shows Noobs gear with an augment that gives more XP when doing a brutality after a mercy.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Well I have the game and if you do nothing at all on the Fatality screen nothing happens. Tried it several times and still have 0 mercies. One of Noobs Brutalities requires a Mercy beforehand so theres definitely more to it than just standing there but I couldn't figure out until now. Pic related shows Noobs gear with an augment that gives more XP when doing a brutality after a mercy.

Hmm curiouser and curiouser...

There is something on the way, but from what I understood, it was "work in progress" and it was not ready by lunch. I was not given the details, due to obvious reasons. So, its either this, or something else.
I doubt it’s that because it’s on the trophy list. I mean it might be but why make trophies that are unobtainable?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hmm curiouser and curiouser...

I doubt it’s that because it’s on the trophy list. I mean it might be but why make trophies that are unobtainable?
Perhaps there will be some sort of finisher related to MERCY, that will be brought in later phase.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
Just saw a mercy done by the AI live on stream, it's very similar to the old School version.

When it's time to finish the opponent, the announcer says "Mercy" as it's written accross the screen when an angelic sound effect plays. The opponent gets a little life back and the fight continues.

E

Eldriken

Just saw a mercy done by the AI live on stream, it's very similar to the old School version.

When it's time to finish the opponent, the announcer says "Mercy" as it's written accross the screen when an angelic sound effect plays. The opponent gets a little life back and the fight continues.
Hm. I wonder what the person from the OP was going on about then? Maybe they didn't have the day 1 patch installed? I dunno.

Glad to be hearing otherwise, however.

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow

what stream was it, do you have a source by ant chance?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
That.......is super lame and disappointing.

I didn't want Animalities back, but I was hoping for some sort of humiliating finisher tied to the Mercy mechanic.

While we are on the subject, how come no one is discussing stage finishers? Are there any even in the game? Not that it's a super important part of the game, but the array of finishers in MK11 seem to really pale to those of MKX.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
That.......is super lame and disappointing.

I didn't want Animalities back, but I was hoping for some sort of humiliating finisher tied to the Mercy mechanic.

While we are on the subject, how come no one is discussing stage finishers? Are there any even in the game? Not that it's a super important part of the game, but the array of finishers in MK11 seem to really pale to those of MKX.
There is a stage brutality in one of the threads floating around here.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I kinda don’t see the big deal.

I beat the shit out of you and instead of ending it, I give you a second chance and beat the shit out of you again. It’s kinda humiliating if you think about it lol.

Also, imagine performing a mercy and losing lol.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
There is a video of a mercy:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/bexuq2 Looks like it gives some health back to the enemy.
OP's a lie. Mercy is real. Kotal Khan AI did it to me. I had recorded the clip of him beating me till FINISH HIM earlier so I couldn't capture the entire Mercy, just the last second of it. Restores about 25% HP and you hear an angelic sound with MERCY in Big bold letters. Here's the video:
https://streamable.com/zcmrm
@Eldriken this needs to be added to the initial post, so people aren’t misled.