What's new

Video showcasing "Mercy" in action

E

Eldriken

That’s lame but to be fair, the speculation was based off leaked achievements. It’s not like NRS ever mentioned it or anything. It would have been dope to have the actual Mercy mechanic back though.
You would have thought it would be something with an impact considering it has a trophy/achievement tied to it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
LMAO I don't know why but I find that hilarious yet appropriate at the same time. They should add something called DOUCHEALITY whenever someone just teabags at Finish Him! :D I mean they had QUITALITY! I wonder if that'll be back? In a way I'm kind of glad the old Mercy isn't back mostly because people would be trolling with it knowing how people are now days online.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Babalities and Friendships are the ultimate MK finishers. So disrespectful considering you couldn’t block the final round. They caused so much rage and humiliation.
If we can't babalities, we should at least get Geriatricalities. You make your opponent into a senior citizen and geriatric AF. In the case of shang tsung, you make his ass even older :DOGE

Setterik

The Cyber Initiative Lives On!
This is sad. I was expecting a new finisher or even using it as a brutality requirement.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store

According to the Reddit images posted in that thread, you "perform" a Mercy by doing nothing at all when it says "Finish Him/Her!"

Nothing shows up indicating it's a Mercy and there's no announcement of any kind.
Well that’s disappointing...

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I had no expectations so I'm not really disappointed. If anything, it makes sense that they're promoting the use of Outros which they put so much effort into creating. Otherwise everyone would be Fatalitying all the time.

Gonna take this opportunity to say I'm really psyched about the possibility of friendships coming back in the future. Feels like Johnny's Puppet Master and Kano's Last Dance almost are friendships already. They're just such awesome two-character interactions/animations.

Last edited:

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Do you have to literally not hit any buttons at all, or do you just not hit the opponent? If I can't finish them properly, I wanna at least run out the clock doing the stance switch shuffle lol.

E

Eldriken

Do you have to literally not hit any buttons at all, or do you just not hit the opponent? If I can't finish them properly, I wanna at least run out the clock doing the stance switch shuffle lol.
It seems to me that as long as you don't hit them or perform any type of finisher, it will count. However, I'm not 100% certain.

Radam

Noob
For one I'm glad Animalities aren't back, they were always lame.

But two I'm disappointed it's not something new and there is no announcement or text that says MERCY.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
It makes sense when you think about it lmao. Although any normal hit is “mercy” compared to anything else lol. We all thought it was a new mechanic, it’s all good. I never thought to give a name to letting someone fall over.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I wanted friendships and look at a small clip of the other person doing a lore friendly way of ending the fight.

Kung Loa and Lui Kang both hug it out and continue to spare. Sonya and Johnny tells jokes and insult the other fighting skills. Sub and Scorpion both grab a beer. Only one can dream!

E

Eldriken

It makes sense when you think about it lmao. Although any normal hit is “mercy” compared to anything else lol. We all thought it was a new mechanic, it’s all good. I never thought to give a name to letting someone fall over.
You make a very valid point.