What's new

Guide - Venomous venomous matchup chart

after the last patch venomous became a new character and in my opinion she felt stronger before but now some of her bad matchups are much better for her because of her safe armor. but some of her easy win matchups are harder now too.

alien = 5-5 all
bo' rai cho= ?
cassie cage = 5-5 all
ermac = 5-5 mystic, 6-4 others
error black= 4-6 gunslinger, 5-5 others
ferra/torr = 6-4 all
goro= ?
jacqui = 5-5 full auto, 6-4 others
jason = 6-4 slasher, 4-6 others
jax= 6-4 all
johnny cage = 6-4 all
kano = 4-6 cybernetic, 6-4 others
kenshi = 5-5 possessed, 6-4 others
kitana = 4-6 all
kotal = 6-4 all
kung jin = 5-5 bojutsu, 4-6 shaoling, 4-6 ancestral
kung lao = 5-5 tempest, 4-6 buzzsaw, hat trick ?
leatherface = 6-4 chainsaw, others ?
liu kang = 4-6 dragon fire, 5-5 others
mileena = 4-6 all
predator = 4-6 hish qu ten, 6-4 hunter
quan chi = 5-5 sorcerer, summoner 4-6, 6-4 warlock
raiden = 6-4 all
reptile = 4-6 all
scorpion = 6-4 inferno, 5-5 others
shinnok = 4-6 all
sonya = 5-5 all
sub-zero = 5-5 grand master, 6-4 others
tanya = 5-5 all
tremor = 4-6 all
triborg = 6-4 cyber sub, 4-6 smoke, 3-7 sektor, 6-4 cyrax

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Which number is which? D'Vorah on the left and the opponent on the right or the other way around?

Goro mops dvorah 7 3 against all her variatons.
i really don't know goro which is why i didn't put a number for him but he beating her 7-3 i don't think so but gain i know nothing about goro.

do you play goro? if you do, can we have a long set of games? i am not looking to proof anything just play so that i may get a better idea about the matchup

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
i really don't know goro which is why i didn't put a number for him but he beating her 7-3 i don't think so but gain i know nothing about goro.

do you play goro? if you do, can we have a long set of games? i am not looking to proof anything just play so that i may get a better idea about the matchup
Sure we can have a long set psn: EMPEROR_KNICKS he basically doesnt have to fear anything she does, he can bully her on knockdown, he can get out of her puddle stuff pretty easy for the most part, her armor move doesnt scare goro either, but its just really hard for here to deal with goros pressure as well she has an 8 frame poke and that makes her contesting alot of goros stuff hard.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Lmao she does not 6-4 Jax. Nor does she go 5-5 none of the following

Full Auto
Cassie(Brawler/Hollywood)
Sonya(Demolition)

I also doubt she goes 5-5 w Mystic. She also does not go 6-4 against displacer. Pretty sure Tanya in Dragon Naginata wrecks her too. Matter of fact Kobu & DN both 6-4's her. I'm almost certain Pyro would absolutely wreck her too

Lmao she does not 6-4 Jax. Nor does she go 5-5 none of the following

Full Auto
Cassie(Brawler/Hollywood)
Sonya(Demolition)

I also doubt she goes 5-5 w Mystic. She also does not go 6-4 against displacer. Pretty sure Tanya in Dragon Naginata wrecks her too. Matter of fact Kobu & DN both 6-4's her. I'm almost certain Pyro would absolutely wreck her too
when was the last time you played against player who main venomous? i am not talking about a swarm queen main who pick venomous against you to fool around i am talking about a dedicated venomous main, when was the last time? ... i give you the chance to play me and see for yourself how different it is against a venomous main who has the matchup experience against the characters you just mention

@EMPEROR_KNICKS you do have a very valid point she does have a hard time dealing with a lot stuff do to her slow pokes. which of his variations you think is worst for her?

x TeeJay o

when was the last time you played against player who main venomous? i am not talking about a swarm queen main who pick venomous against you to fool around i am talking about a dedicated venomous main, when was the last time? ... i give you the chance to play me and see for yourself how different it is against a venomous main who has the matchup experience against the characters you just mention

@EMPEROR_KNICKS you do have a very valid point she does have a hard time dealing with a lot stuff do to her slow pokes. which of his variations you think is worst for her?
Lmao boy I played venomous myself. I'm not a "Swarm Queen" main i played every single variation. I'm pretty sure I can mention 5 other players who would agree that this list is all kinds of wrong including honeybee. I'm 100% certain on the Tanya shit being wrong you could ask

@RevetLeafing if you want.

Her armor doesn't do shit. So what if it's safe and 2 hitting big deal. You get shit damage and lose positioning for a character that's supposed to be up in your face. Please lol

Lmao boy I played venomous myself. I'm not a "Swarm Queen" main i played every single variation. I'm pretty sure I can mention 5 other players who would agree that this list is all kinds of wrong including honeybee. I'm 100% certain on the Tanya shit being wrong you could ask

@RevetLeafing if you want.

Her armor doesn't do shit. So what if it's safe and 2 hitting big deal. You get shit damage and lose positioning for a character that's supposed to be up in your face. Please lol
honeybee is not a venomous main remember that, and most of the d vorah players i have seen using venomous make the mistake of trying to use her like she is swarm queen with a safe armor and she is not swarm queen.

Tanya is a tricky matchup she is very annoying, to tell you the truth she was one of the matchups i have to think about the most before saying it was 5-5 or 6-4 tanya but i have to say 5-5 because it comes down to who is playing better and making the best reads.

x TeeJay o

honeybee is not a venomous main remember that, and most of the d vorah players i have seen using venomous make the mistake of trying to use her like she is swarm queen with a safe armor and she is not swarm queen.

Tanya is a tricky matchup she is very annoying, to tell you the truth she was one of the matchups i have to think about the most before saying it was 5-5 or 6-4 tanya but i have to say 5-5 because it comes down to who is playing better and making the best reads.
Lmao so apparently you're the only good Venomous dvorah because you main her and her only? I'm done with this conversation believe what u want bra

Lmao so apparently you're the only good Venomous dvorah because you main her and her only? I'm done with this conversation believe what u want bra
the one with the most experience yes. the only good one NO
and you never tried to have a conversation all you did was tried to put some one you don't know down by starting all your replys with ''lmao'' like i just said something funny.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)

Things like goros b12u2 is a plus 2 mid thats 9 frames so she cant poke out unless she makes a hard reas with a d2 which is really risky he can break her armor get out of puddle etc kuatan does really well and do the other 2 if u wanna play im up 4 it

Things like goros b12u2 is a plus 2 mid thats 9 frames so she cant poke out unless she makes a hard reas with a d2 which is really risky he can break her armor get out of puddle etc kuatan does really well and do the other 2 if u wanna play im up 4 it
that sounds bad for her, yea definitely i am down for a long set of games. i just sent you a friend req from my phone

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Well, I'm an actual Venomous main and I've got a few issues that I'd like to see some clarification on.

5-5 mystic, I just don't see at all. Ermac's strings, combined with his d1, leave D'vorah in the situation of having to deal with legitimate frame traps that only exist against her and Tremor. Still having an 8f d1 after everyone else got there's buffed is something that I've always felt has caused problems for her. You can't even trade with him unless he's -2, which leaves you open to all kinds of stagger pressure up close. He dominates the neutral something fierce with push, ex push, and ground pound, so if you do armor through a gap, you're just back to another losing situation. Even if they space a regular push wrong and you get a run up punish, what do you actually get off of that? 14% into a guaranteed d4? 17.5% into a soft knockdown full screen? Ex push is also so fast that you can't break it on knockdown except from 113, at least if your opponent knows how to tech roll.

Just what exactly is it that you think makes this a 5-5? I'm more of a lab monster, and judging by the fact that I've actually heard of you, I'm willing to guess that you're a higher caliber of player, so I'd love some insight on this.

Also, I've never gotten to play it out because I don't know any good Possessed players on PC, but I've always suspected she might do well against him because he has to hold the spray on knockdown. She breaks that armor free.

I've also always considered Lao and Cassie bad matchups purely because they get a free reversal punish on her overhead string, but I suppose that might not be the case. Lao in particular has felt like more of a player problem than a D'vorah problem for me.

Edit: And if you and knicks could stream/record those matches, I'd love to watch them. Always happy to see some footage of my main.

Well, I'm an actual Venomous main and I've got a few issues that I'd like to see some clarification on.

5-5 mystic, I just don't see at all. Ermac's strings, combined with his d1, leave D'vorah in the situation of having to deal with legitimate frame traps that only exist against her and Tremor. Still having an 8f d1 after everyone else got there's buffed is something that I've always felt has caused problems for her. You can't even trade with him unless he's -2, which leaves you open to all kinds of stagger pressure up close. He dominates the neutral something fierce with push, ex push, and ground pound, so if you do armor through a gap, you're just back to another losing situation. Even if they space a regular push wrong and you get a run up punish, what do you actually get off of that? 14% into a guaranteed d4? 17.5% into a soft knockdown full screen? Ex push is also so fast that you can't break it on knockdown except from 113, at least if your opponent knows how to tech roll.

Just what exactly is it that you think makes this a 5-5? I'm more of a lab monster, and judging by the fact that I've actually heard of you, I'm willing to guess that you're a higher caliber of player, so I'd love some insight on this.

Also, I've never gotten to play it out because I don't know any good Possessed players on PC, but I've always suspected she might do well against him because he has to hold the spray on knockdown. She breaks that armor free.

I've also always considered Lao and Cassie bad matchups purely because they get a free reversal punish on her overhead string, but I suppose that might not be the case. Lao in particular has felt like more of a player problem than a D'vorah problem for me.

Edit: And if you and knicks could stream/record those matches, I'd love to watch them. Always happy to see some footage of my main.
i don't think you will learn much about the goro matchup watching me play it. if it is as bad as it sound on paper i think i would be learning myself as i play.

to me mystic vs venomous is a meter management match. he has the better armor move but she gets her armor more often than he does. what venomous want to do in the matchup is to stop mystic from building meter as much as she can. you don't want to let him do block string on you, use your armor to get him off you. like you said he gets better frame traps against her do to her slow d1 which is why you want to force him to respect your armor when he is thinking about checking you with a d1 because that is all he has to stop your from d1 to get out his frame traps. your armor on hit will get him closer to the coner so as soon as you hit him with it run to cover that space and stop at a range where you feel good. you want to use as many spray as you can to build as much meter as you can this is why the matchup is about meter because if you do not have meter you wont be able to stop him from getting his meter. get in his head with your armor but do not let him get in yours with his armor. you want him to be out of meter even if it mean getting hit by his armor once because when he has not meter it is puddle time. if he want to play the keep away game be patience and stay out of his range waiting for the right time to get in. slowly try to get closer at a range where it will be hard for him to react to a short run xf1. get to that range by walking and he will have 2 choice attack you or walk back. he will not walk back for 2 long because he would get himself corned and that would be a really bad idea. if you get a big life lead try to force him to come to you by playing the clock.

Last edited:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
i don't think you will learn much about the goro matchup watching me play it. if it is as bad as it sound on paper i think i would be learning myself as i play.

to me mystic vs venomous is a meter management match. he has the better armor move but she gets her armor more often than he does. what venomous want to do in the matchup is to stop mystic from building meter as much as she can. you don't want to let him do block string on you, use your armor to get him off you. like you said he gets better frame traps against her do to her slow d1 which is why you want to force him to respect your armor when he is thinking about checking you with a d1 because that is all he has to stop your from d1 to get out his frame traps. your armor on hit will get him closer to the coner so as soon as you hit him with it run to cover that space and stop at a range where you feel good. you want to use as many spray as you can to build as much meter as you can this is why the matchup is about meter because if you do not have meter you wont be able to stop him from getting his meter. get in his head with your armor but do not let him get in yours with his armor. you want him to be out of meter even if it mean getting hit by his armor once because when he has not meter it is puddle time. if he want to play the keep away game be patience and stay out of his range waiting for the right time to get in. slowly try to get closer at a range where it will be hard for him to react to a short run xf1. get to that range by walking and he will have 2 choice attack you or walk back. he will not walk back for 2 long because he would get himself corned and that would be a really bad idea. if you get a big life lead try to force him to come to you by playing the clock.
The thing is, if they're playing patiently and sticking to the neutral, it can be very hard to beat a good Mystic in meter management, especially because when they're successful with armor, they gain meter and you lose it. Mystic can gain meter full screen if he has to through ground pound, ia soul blasts, etc. Venomous has to get in. She's got great meterbuild when she's in there, but she does have to get there first. With Mystic's ability to dominate the mid range and bait jump ins with ground pound/float cancels and his amazing AA's, while also being a frame trap nightmare with mixups that can come out at anytime, I just don't see how this is an equal matchup.