What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Sub-Zero Variation System Strategy

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
I play Zaf and the neutral sucks vs Ermac. Only chance we have is in the corner. You have to hold the hover shenanigans unless you properly time a slide for the way down or ex freeze. You are still at a disadvantage for that. The good thing about unbreakable is that with aura on, his hover into ground pound only builds him meter and doesn't chip you.
Yeah, that's what I though (i.e. Unbreakable actually fares the best). What I like about UB is that he really doesn't have any impossible match ups, at least not that I've found. However, some are definitely easier to win with other characters, so I'll likely just keep my pockets for those.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't think Sub-Zero is to the point where he has no losing matchups by switching variations. But I'd be surprised if he had any 3-7s that can't be fixed by a variation switch anymore. Pre patch he had about 10 3-7s where he just had to suck it up.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Also, what do you think are Unbreakable's winning matchups? I think he beats Cryomancer for one lol but other characters?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Cheers, I might try UB next time, can't do much with the clone and he builds meter like crazy to get out of the corner. Maybe Parry and Aura would be better. Cryo doesn't exist for me...I just can't click with him.
He's really good I just don't like him as much as the other two