What's new

Question Vanilla MK9 Tier List?

pretty simple, i was just wondering what the tier list for MK9 is before you install any patches. somewhere out there, there are people playing this game offline, having never logged online. what does the tier list look like for these people? i assume sub is a lot higher than he is currently.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Well, Kabal is not in the top 10. Not even close. Kung Lao is the DEFINITIVE number one. Kitana is up there too.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Kabal had a block infinite?....... so yeah.
So did Sindel and Sonya if i'm not mistaken.

No one had any "real" armor...... it would be a totally different looking list for sure.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Let's see...Kung lao was fucked up...Smoke was too...Raiden actually was good...Cyrax was(and still is...) fucked up...Kabal had block infinites up the ass...Cage had more frame traps...Sub was better until they nerfed his damage and took away his reset. Baraka was flat out terrible, too.

wouldn't be much different from the current tier list. Raiden would be better though. kitana would probably go down even though she had slightly better damage.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
KL was number 1. Higher damage output, spin was way tougher to punish, and 24 low hat was ridiculous...

Smoke OTG bomb was crazy broken

Kabal block infinite lol

I don't want to go back luls

lao's low hat was -7 which made it better for pokes. His ridiculous damage was also ridiculous, 60% corner combos. He'd be tied for number 1 with kabal most likely.

Sonya had an inescapable infinite with d4 ms (maybe escapable with breaker). D4 does hardly any chip but she could always mix in throws and you could just time out. if this weren't banned in a game, it'd be pretty ridiculous. She still had armor on ex cartwheel but not on all frames.

JC had a sweep that's +11 on block and he could OTG reset with d3. In the corner, he could combo off sweep into nut punch, difficult but possible.

Cyrax would have maybe 1 bad MU in kabal. He had an actual infinite that was only escapable with breaker. command grab reset that was hard to tech was OP. There were also the buzzsaw resets but they're not much different from the double net resets.

Raiden had a better teleport and a better superman. Taking risks with raiden back then wasn't as bad as it is now. Ex tele was worse though.

No dlc would make the tier list look different. Kano would still be garbage.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
lao's low hat was -7 which made it better for pokes. His ridiculous damage was also ridiculous, 60% corner combos. He'd be tied for number 1 with kabal most likely.

Sonya had an inescapable infinite with d4 ms (maybe escapable with breaker). D4 does hardly any chip but she could always mix in throws and you could just time out. if this weren't banned in a game, it'd be pretty ridiculous. She still had armor on ex cartwheel but not on all frames.

JC had a sweep that's +11 on block and he could OTG reset with d3. In the corner, he could combo off sweep into nut punch, difficult but possible.

Cyrax would have maybe 1 bad MU in kabal. He had an actual infinite that was only escapable with breaker. command grab reset that was hard to tech was OP. There were also the buzzsaw resets but they're not much different from the double net resets.

Raiden had a better teleport and a better superman. Taking risks with raiden back then wasn't as bad as it is now. Ex tele was worse though.

No dlc would make the tier list look different. Kano would still be garbage.
Raiden had strings that were + on block....... he was redic.

You are probably right....... but i think a majority of the characters were in the S, A and B tier rather than having anything lower than B.

Raiden had strings that were + on block....... he was redic.

You are probably right....... but i think a majority of the characters were in the S, A and B tier rather than having anything lower than B.
b312 and 334 were actually neutral when somberness tested it. Still a lot better than now, especially since only 10/11 characters hard armor.

this thread is stupid)albeit fun too talk about) because kabal jax and sonya all had block infinites... and cyrax was retarded and who knows if there arent resets off of bomb traps... same with smoke

laos low hat was stupidly good for zoning back in the day...