What's new

Tech - A-List Using the charged nut punch on block

mk_mamood77

Liu/JohnnyKenshi main
Hey guys.

I have been missing with the charged nut punch and i realize that it does 4.88% on block. I have figured a way to utilize it in JC run cancel pressure.
The most legit way to put it into use is to hit the opponent with a d4 and cancel it into a full charged nut punch = FCNP. It may not be guaranteed that the d4 will hit but it is more likely will hit the opponent since nobody block low vs JC.
The purpose of doing the FCNP in the pressure is to add more chip damage than what we usually do with the ex FB.

• This should only works on the corner.
  • You should meter burn the nut punch to make it safe.
  • D4 on hit FCNP in the corner jails. You cant armor or jump (hold that 4.88% chip)

the charged nutpunch is still a mind game whether they will use i t or not. its in everyones nature to want to punish a blocked nut punch. it takes someone with good mindganes to throw it out anyway or to save it

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
You can combo of a nut punch if it trades (same as Cassie). You can charge nut punch after something like F24/d4 to create a gap and try to trade with their counterpokes. It's a very funny gimmick

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
It's 100% unsafe against everyone, however some characters have limited punish options, some can only full combo punish with normal it's hard for them because of the block stun.
What about in the corner due to the increased pushback? Is it still punishable by the cast or safe against some/most characters

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Tremor? I tried run cancelling f1 but couldn't get it to punish...
I swore when it was -12 on block (NRS nerfed it into -14 in the latest patch) I managed to punish it with Sonya run forward 11 ONCE in my life. Theoritically it's possible. However it's next to impossible for human because run input can't be buffered from block stun. I'm sorry for Tremor players but....does d3 work?
And I have trouble punishing it with Cassie too, I can only land my B1 like 40% of the time. I don't know what the hell is wrong with that.

What about in the corner due to the increased pushback? Is it still punishable by the cast or safe against some/most characters
When I stand block the 2nd hit, I feel like the push back in the corner and midscreen are the same (prepatch there was a big difference)
But in theory it's completely unsafe. I played a modde PC version and was able to punish it with with Cassie by run up 242, but I made MKX in slow motion mod so I can input run forward in the first possible frame

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Using d4xxcharged nutpunch is not good imho, I would not risk an easy punish if the opponent is blocking low. 114xxChargednutpunch is a true blockstring if you charge it for half the time, you can jail 114 into a 3.50% nutpunch on block

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
what is the point of doing the flip kick? does it do more chip?
When you charge the flip kick even slightly that shit is -2 and nothing can punish it. Less chip but you are safe completely and don't have to risk a mindgame that you can guess wrong on yourself and be punished or be punished for even doing a nut punch period because with the meter build some characters have, OS Armor all day everyday. This also puts you at the perfect distance for a D4 if they try to press buttons, at least I'm sure it does cause every time they just get hit.

llabslb

R1D1_998
Interesting idea but there's too much risk on the line and even if there was a safe way of doing it (Using the the hit adv D4 provides) then why would it be a good idea to sacrifice so much adv on a charged NP?

I have looked into stuff like this briefly. As Asodimazze has said, 114 partly charged NP is a true blockstring but if you fully charge it (114 Fully charged NP) most of the casts options are pretty limited. A few are able to just about jump out, most are able to armour and backdash. Characters with divekicks (Lao) are able to get full combos.

If your opponent does attempt to press a button it'll either result in a seriously favourable trade or your opponents button will simply not come out. Basically what this means is big damage dawg.

It's good stuff but I don't think it's worth the risk. I only see something like this just about reasonable to do in certain match ups/situations.