What's new

Using Jade's Parry to stop Online mashers/beating D1~throw AND D1 D1 D1

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Hmm...

This... is not... good.......... I love the effort though.

If you get the read (tendency) of your opponent disrespecting frames wildly like this... without setting up the threat of Poke-Specials ... or without following up with d4/d3 ... Then yeah, you could Parry in those situations.. But treat it as a read.
There's no "OS" on block here.... You reversal the poke with the parry and if your opponent went for ONLY a poke.. your parry gets launched, you'd look like an idiot.

This isn't tech, it's a plan... and it would only work online, variably. Bad habits imo...

Speaking of which... people figuring out ways to deal with this atrocious matchmaking resulting in shitty laggy games hurts my brain. FFS NRS....

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Hmm...

This... is not... good.......... I love the effort though.

If you get the read (tendency) of your opponent disrespecting frames wildly like this... without setting up the threat of Poke-Specials ... or without following up with d4/d3 ... Then yeah, you could Parry in those situations.. But treat it as a read.
There's no "OS" on block here.... You reversal the poke with the parry and if your opponent went for ONLY a poke.. your parry gets launched, you'd look like an idiot.

This isn't tech, it's a plan... and it would only work online, variably. Bad habits imo...

Speaking of which... people figuring out ways to deal with this atrocious matchmaking resulting in shitty laggy games hurts my brain. FFS NRS....
i12 is a really hard read on anything tbh. When there are i7 parries that can blow up gaps, idk man.
But yeah I do it a few times if I can get away with it, makes some players a bit more cautious sometimes.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
@GLoRToR

It's not the best parry lol.. but it is a parry... you can force your opponent to play around that in some cases, which 99% only helps you... OP's example is fine, but being predictable with it will do more harm than good.. I don't see it working on high competitive level...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
She can glow through spear, the problem is that Scorpion recovers sooner and you get teleported on for breathing.
Yeah, I've noticed that shit with other characters Sonya for example who I use only against other top tiers because I'm kind of getting sick of the Scorp counterpicking my Raiden, Jade etc. I noticed this prick can block a ring toss and immediately do a teleport like WTF man? lol I think Boon told the team to purposely make Scorpion broke in this game. And his staggers are beyond annoying...

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yeah, I've noticed that shit with other characters Sonya for example who I use only against other top tiers because I'm kind of getting sick of the Scorp counterpicking my Raiden, Jade etc. I noticed this prick can block a ring toss and immediately do a teleport like WTF man? lol I think Boon told the team to purposely make Scorpion broke in this game. And his staggers are beyond annoying...
You can challenge every single stagger with b2, exupglaive and even if they block it you're + out the fucking sockets. Jade eats staggers. You can backdash shadowkick, or use lowspark as gimmicks too just remember that they are suicide. I also use butterfly for fucking up their day if they try to stagger me, that move is pretty good.

Wish it was safe on block like it should be.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You can challenge every single stagger with b2, exupglaive and even if they block it you're + out the fucking sockets. Jade eats staggers. You can backdash shadowkick, or use lowspark as gimmicks too just remember that they are suicide. I also use butterfly for fucking up their day if they try to stagger me, that move is pretty good.

Wish it was safe on block like it should be.
Yeah I am weighing my options with her, haven't used her as much of late against Scorp but she's still in my main 5. You can also get a shadowkick from mid to close on an air glaive juggle to knock them back to set her up for more zoning. Yeah, I've used the butterfly spin move up close just to back his ass off me lol. I agree it's fast great up close to sweep if they're coming in. Yeah, I feel the mids and lows in this game need to have more safe moves but I guess they went to Scorp, Geras, Black, Kabal etc lol

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yeah I am weighing my options with her, haven't used her as much of late against Scorp but she's still in my main 5. You can also get a shadowkick from mid to close on an air glaive juggle to knock them back to set her up for more zoning. Yeah, I've used the butterfly spin move up close just to back his ass off me lol. I agree it's fast great up close to sweep if they're coming in. Yeah, I feel the mids and lows in this game need to have more safe moves but I guess they went to Scorp, Geras, Black, Kabal etc lol
I have hope in game balance yet because they are really drawing it out.