What's new

Strategy Use of Sub's Ex Freeze!

I've discovered that landing Ex.Freeze on an air-born opponent in anyway, shape or form say a combo or etc increases your damage output. What this means is higher damage in combo's. So instead of doing Ex slide the smart thing to do would be Ex Freeze if your opponent is airborn!

Here's some combo's that I saw a huge change in output in!

Corner(JIP,214xxEx.Freeze-4-224xxslide)-45% With regular freeze it's 41% with regular freeze and Ex Slide at the end its 43%. See the big difference!

Midscreen(JIP,212xxEx.Freeze-B1(Wiff),2-22xxslide)-34% With regular freeze it's 32%

So what this means is sub can now do higher damage depending on the type of freeze he uses :), this is good! All I have for now on sub!
--

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Pretty well known, pretty sure this is why EX freeze doesn't last as long on an air born opponent. Trade off for reduced damage scaling. Good to know if its going to end the match. Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, i find. Depends on how you start the combo. 22 ex freeze into bnb does the same as 22 freeze.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Why use meter for a few extra percent if it's not going to kill your opponent, though? The matchup I use ex freeze the most in is probably the one against Cyrax and even then, I only do it when I have upwards of 2 bars lol, because I am not going to kill him with 20 odd percent. Mind you, I can always hope he's stupid enough to use his meter on a breaker so that the next time he uses en bomb in a reset and I break, he has the same amount as me: none. Lol.

In my opinion, you're better off just getting Xray because it's pretty easy to get Xray when you have your opponent trapped against the wall. That means you win the round and then have Xray to take 50% for one good read in the next... If you use ex freeze for combos, you get an extra couple of percent damage per combo but you won't ever get xray and breaker will be a strain.

Why use meter for a few extra percent if it's not going to kill your opponent, though? The matchup I use ex freeze the most in is probably the one against Cyrax and even then, I only do it when I have upwards of 2 bars lol, because I am not going to kill him with 20 odd percent. Mind you, I can always hope he's stupid enough to use his meter on a breaker so that the next time he uses en bomb in a reset and I break, he has the same amount as me: none. Lol.

In my opinion, you're better off just getting Xray because it's pretty easy to get Xray when you have your opponent trapped against the wall. That means you win the round and then have Xray to take 50% for one good read in the next... If you use ex freeze for combos, you get an extra couple of percent damage per combo but you won't ever get xray and breaker will be a strain.
Um you can do a 50% X-ray combo, but you can do a 1 bar 45% and still have your 2 extra bars! So.....your saying X ray is better in that situation -_- Great, I see you enjoy losing! Who even still uses X ray? Anyways your not understanding the concept, I intend to stop using Ex Slide which is a bar and to instead use ex freeze because of its better damage potential and I don't have to switch sides which I never want too when using Ex Slide!

So Ex Freeze:
Better dmg output
And doesn't force you to use sides
And 5% less of an X ray for a combo is great! Unless you land his 55%

Anyways this is intended to replace Ex Slide because it is way better off being used to beat zoning! Ex Slide has armor now, which means using in it combo's is 100% bad, not it's purpose.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
My two-cents.

For Sub-Zero, I would just hold on to the meter for the armored EX Slide, breakers, and X-ray when necessary. He builds meter like a champ, anyway. I'd save the extra damage occasions for if I'm about to claim the round/match.

It's always good to know stuff like this, though.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Um you can do a 50% X-ray combo, but you can do a 1 bar 45% and still have your 2 extra bars! So.....your saying X ray is better in that situation -_- Great, I see you enjoy losing! Who even still uses X ray? Anyways your not understanding the concept, I intend to stop using Ex Slide which is a bar and to instead use ex freeze because of its better damage potential and I don't have to switch sides which I never want too when using Ex Slide!

Anyways this is intended to replace Ex Slide because it is way better off being used to beat zoning! Ex Slide has armor now, which means using in it combo's is 100% bad, not it's purpose.
You're not thinking about it correctly. You're doing the ex freeze to make a combo that already does 41% do 45% damage. My point was that you're much better off not wasting your meter on combos in a round you're already in control of (if you have your opponent in the corner, you have the potential to take his entire lifebar very quickly). It's a better idea to deal the meterless damage, win the round (unless the extra 4% is absolutely needed to close out the round), and have Xray next round. Xray isn't just about combo damage, it's also about having a way to armour through zoning.

Who uses ex slide in combos anyway? If I want to reverse the corner situation, I simply 22, freeze, and then jump over them. I don't need to ex slide at the end of the combo to do it.

You're going from throwing your meter away on one thing to throwing it away on another. Granted, we all make mistakes, but it's usually not wise to have them as a part of our gameplan.

You're not thinking about it correctly. You're doing the ex freeze to make a combo that already does 41% do 45% damage. My point was that you're much better off not wasting your meter on combos in a round you're already in control of (if you have your opponent in the corner, you have the potential to take his entire lifebar very quickly). It's a better idea to deal the meterless damage, win the round (unless the extra 4% is absolutely needed to close out the round), and have Xray next round. Xray isn't just about combo damage, it's also about having a way to armour through zoning.

Who uses ex slide in combos anyway? If I want to reverse the corner situation, I simply 22, freeze, and then jump over them. I don't need to ex slide at the end of the combo to do it.

You're going from throwing your meter away on one thing to throwing it away on another. Granted, we all make mistakes, but it's usually not wise to have them as a part of our gameplan.
You don't get it either lol, All I'm saying is that I sometimes think to use Ex slide to end combos for higher dmg but now I realize that Ex.Freeze is better all I was trying to let ppl know! I'm not saying every time I can I'll do Ex Freeze lol no, the probability of me using Ex freeze which I haven't used in a real fight in 6 months is very low, I'm just letting ppl know just in cause there feeling like doing extra dmg!

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Agree that 4% isn't worth it. No character should spend meter for 4% extra unless its to close the round or win. its just not clever, especially if it leaves you without breaker. Ex freeze is awesome to trade with projectiles if you make a read though.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
why are you ending ANY combo in ex slide that doesn't involve putting your opponent in the corner or ending a round? More damage? what?

BTW exFreeze on an airborne opponent is the shortest window of the freeze family.
The information was already known... but there are so little opportunities to actually take the small advantage it gives. In the grand scheme, exFreeze is best to trade with Cyrax, Reptile, Sektor, Noob.... people who's projectile either stagger, juggle or knock you down, so that you can get up... and go combo them.

Seapeople

This one's for you
If you're using ex freeze in a combo to kill the opponent, this is the best option:
jip 224~ex freeze, *dash forward*, b12, 214~slide = 46%
5% more than the regular wall combo. It may only work on high hitbox characters, I'm not sure.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
landing the whiff b+1, 2 is hard as hell though lol
Just at first :D Dash after freeze and buffer/hold the "back" during the second half of the dash. That way when you finish the dash animation you're already holding it down. It mskes the transition into the b1 much easier.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk