What's new

[UPDATED]Mortal Kombat Reveal Poster Leaks before E3

E

Eldriken

nope, i hope just to much for mk, it's take a lot of time because i was sure that its comes on april like mk9 and injustice. And there are rumors that the PS4 exclusif fighting game will bloody roar but i think MK will be the SONY exclusif like many years ago and then everybody will switch to PS4 because MK10(2) will be better than KI for sure
NRS would literally be killing themselves if they made it PS4 exclusive. They would miss out on so much profit from doing that and the amount of backlash would be off the fucking charts.

RagsTheGoat

Booster Gold is in Injustice 2
nope, i hope just to much for mk, it's take a lot of time because i was sure that its comes on april like mk9 and injustice. And there are rumors that the PS4 exclusif fighting game will bloody roar but i think MK will be the SONY exclusif like many years ago and then everybody will switch to PS4 because MK10(2) will be better than KI for sure
I dont speak to bullheaded fanboys. so add me to your ignore list or w/e. done with this conversation.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
NRS would literally be killing themselves if they made it PS4 exclusive. They would miss out on so much profit from doing that and the amount of backlash would be off the fucking charts.

They wouldn't be killing themselves but they would miss out on a lot of potential sales, like, A LOT.

E

Eldriken

They wouldn't be killing themselves but they would miss out on a lot of potential sales, like, A LOT.
It would be damn near killing themselves. Imagine if they had plans to release it on PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One, PC and Wii U, but they ended up going the route of just releasing it on the PS4. That's a lot of lost money.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
It would be damn near killing themselves. Imagine if they had plans to release it on PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One, PC and Wii U, but they ended up going the route of just releasing it on the PS4. That's a lot of lost money.
Don't forget ps vita

Went for a walk to vent some excitement... didn't work. I hope to see some MK4 redesigns real soon. Fujin and Reiko have the potential to be so badass.

E

Eldriken

Don't forget ps vita
Eh, true. I just never think about a Vita.

Im gonna laugh if Boon is the greatest troll and he's just announcing some shitty new iOS game or something lol
I could only imagine what the responses would be like if that were the case. The amount of negativity would probably cause Earth to tremble a bit. Think of it as a real life Earth Shake from Doomsday. ;)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

That wouldn't be a decision of just "hey, let's put it on just the PS4", Sony would've bought "exclusive" rights and that can run easily run a few dozen million depending on the franchise. Considering the household "Mortal Kombat" name and how well MK9 performed sales wise they could end up getting a lot of money through the deal even if it's not as great as it could've been if they released on all platforms.

E

Eldriken

That wouldn't be a decision of just "hey, let's put it on just the PS4", Sony would've bought "exclusive" rights and that can run easily run a few dozen million depending on the franchise. Considering the household "Mortal Kombat" name and how well MK9 performed sales wise they could end up getting a lot of money through the deal even if it's not as great as it could've been if they released on all platforms.
I'm well aware of how exclusive rights are acquired, but I'm quite sure that it would vastly pale in comparison to what they could make with the game being on multiple platforms.

It's still not something I foresee NRS doing to its fanbase. Damn near forcing people to buy a PS4 to buy their game would be a crock of shit. But, it's still within the realm of possibility.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'm well aware of how exclusive rights are acquired, but I'm quite sure that it would vastly pale in comparison to what they could make with the game being on multiple platforms.

It's still not something I foresee NRS doing to its fanbase. Damn near forcing people to buy a PS4 to buy their game would be a crock of shit. But, it's still within the realm of possibility.

Depends on what Sony pays. I'm not saying it's gonna happen or that I even agree with it, I'm just commenting on the "NRS would literally be killing themselves if they made it PS4 exclusive".

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos

Remember that to play mk4 you needed to buy a Dreamcast which was considered next gen from mk3 on ps1.

E

Eldriken

Depends on what Sony pays. I'm not saying it's gonna happen or that I even agree with it, I'm just commenting on the "NRS would literally be killing themselves if they made it PS4 exclusive".
They would have to fork over a massive pile of money for it to compare to what they could potentially make from it being on multiple platforms and not worry about the loss due to it being exclusive to one console.

Console exclusive is definitely not happening. Question is will it be next gen exclusive. Part of me thinks that if it isn't, the next gen versions will just be ports like every other cross gen game out now, which would suck. On the other hand, releasing on older platforms would be better for a variety of reasons including tournaments not needing new equipment and larger install bases.