What's new

[UPDATED]Mortal Kombat Reveal Poster Leaks before E3

eh i really wish they'd hold off on mk10 for a while. it'll make some people quit injustice not just when it comes out but probably even just when it's announced, like how people quit blazblue when the new guilty gear or the new persona was announced, or quit persona when the new blazblue or the new guilty gear was announced, or quit ae2012 when usf4 was announced. i liked mk9, but i like injustice way more, and i'd be pretty sad to see it go.

i'm sure the gameplay will be good since presumably they've learned good lessons from mk9 and igau, and i know they really care about pleasing the tourney scene nowadays. that's not what i'm worried about. i just hope injustice doesn't die an unnecessarily early death.

also, here's hoping that the audiovisual side won't be stilted or forgettable this time. doesn't matter to me personally, but i know a lot of people who ignored mk9 and igau because they have ugly graphics and sound.

eh i really wish they'd hold off on mk10 for a while. it'll make some people quit injustice not just when it comes out but probably even just when it's announced, like how people quit blazblue when the new guilty gear or the new persona was announced, or quit persona when the new blazblue or the new guilty gear was announced, or quit ae2012 when usf4 was announced. i liked mk9, but i like injustice way more, and i'd be pretty sad to see it go.

i'm sure the gameplay will be good since presumably they've learned good lessons from mk9 and igau, and i know they really care about pleasing the tourney scene nowadays. that's not what i'm worried about. i just hope injustice doesn't die an unnecessarily early death.

also, here's hoping that the audiovisual side won't be stilted or forgettable this time. doesn't matter to me personally, but i know a lot of people who ignored mk9 and igau because they have ugly graphics and sound.
Unreal Engine 4, if they use UE3 on next gen consoles, I'll be disappointing.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Kabal takin' a good whiff of his crotch scent considering where that pipe is going after the belt.

Looks like the pigtails are still in.

trufenix

bye felicia
I would expect (and hope) that that may be the biggest reason to believe it won't be reverse ported. It'd be a bit of a letdown to release a new game from such a high-profile franchise that has technology that would work on last generation's hardware. I'm sure the game developers' interest in pushing people into the next generation of consoles is close to (if not the same as) the producers of the consoles themselves.

First thing I think of is that the guys creating the aesthetics of a video game are artists. They want to use the greater technology to produce greater art.
These facts are irrelevant to sales, which is how WB decides where and how MKX appears, not the will of its artists. Titanfall, Watchdogs, and Evil Within are just a few examples of this. MK is bigger than all of them combined. It will see release on current gen.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

Well, there are a ton of players who enjoy Injustice over MK. I am sure that once the buzz calms down they will go right back to Injustice. After all, they're two completely different games.