What's new

Guide - Piercing *Updated* MKXL Mileena Piercing Guide

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Because wake up normal slide/roll (or low profile moves) can avoid the 2. Althought I'm sure about this, I am gonna recheck.
thats why i said 2/d1. d1 covers the slide/low profile type moves although normal roll is a mother to get 10/10 .
anyway sure there is only a select few slide type moves in game, dont see that as a reason to not mention it, that's like with how cassie players used to say f34 is punishable just cause reptile can ex slide it ya know?
personally aswell id never use the d1~roll version but still good to mention its out there i guess

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
thats why i said 2/d1. d1 covers the slide/low profile type moves although normal roll is a mother to get 10/10 .
anyway sure there is only a select few slide type moves in game, dont see that as a reason to not mention it, that's like with how cassie players used to say f34 is punishable just cause reptile can ex slide it ya know?
personally aswell id never use the d1~roll version but still good to mention its out there i guess
I just found out in ravenous there is a 2 ~ ex roll OS setup in the corner. By ending combo with 2nd roll, d1 high pounce (to throw opponents back into the corner) you're right on top of them. Ravenous can't F1 to armor break (the hit advantage from high pounce is terrible) so 2 ex roll is the way to go. She can also use her F4/low pounce mixup

1man3letters

I just found out in ravenous there is a 2 ~ ex roll OS setup in the corner. By ending combo with 2nd roll, d1 high pounce (to throw opponents back into the corner) you're right on top of them. Ravenous can't F1 to armor break (the hit advantage from high pounce is terrible) so 2 ex roll is the way to go. She can also use her F4/low pounce mixup
that's a fair bit more unsafe than after b21 2+4 one though, recorded it there and could punish with a 11 frame normal after the 2 whiffs if no wakeup is done.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
that's a fair bit more unsafe than after b21 2+4 one though, recorded it there and could punish with a 11 frame normal after the 2 whiffs if no wakeup is done.
I tested on Ermac's ex soul charge. What do you mean "punish with 11f normal"? They stand up and punish her with normal after she whiffing the 2?

1man3letters

it sucks lol. Do you know how to test high pounce frame advantage/disadvantage on hit? I really want to know the accurate data
hook up your console/tv to laptop, use a recording program and you should be able to switch to show a frame counter if you want truly accurate data,someone did it for me before to test some stuff,cant remember name of program he was using. thats how somberness did the mk9 frame data aswell.
dunno about the xbone but if you save footage on ps4 its a 30 frames a second instead of 60 so you cant do it straight from the console.

HeyMileena community.

I have played piercing mileena since release of the game. And I've only had one goal and that's to be the best mileena that I can be. Unfortunately this is my first fight game and feel I still have a ways to go. I was told by a friend that TYM is the best place to go. I'm mainly looking for a training partner. I mostly play on PS4 but am willing to buy Xbox live again if you play one the Xbox one. I'm more than happy to take any advice about fundamentals of the game, match-up, or any general tips.

Great Guide, man. I learned not only a lot about piercing but about some game mechanics in general that I didn't fully understand before. But those instant air jump kicks in combos are tighter than a fleas ass over a rain barrel. My JI3 only can seem to pop out at the top of the jump arc no matter how fast I tap the button. Anybody have any tips on them?

CmC_HAt

Noob
please, upload the Post XL Patch Optimized Combos video to youtube, i can play it on this page
conecction problems
the other 4 videos are just amazing, congrats